Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Blades Too Strong Plz Nerf.

Drasiel

Fans. The original dps-dummy.

noticed this also when muckin around...

I'd tend to agree that new players could even be confused when the critical path does not open upon first hit, with no indication they need to keep attacking multiple times to make it open up.

Will put a strongly worded note on Scinbed's desk to consider making these 1hp.

There is a lifebar, actually. Lifebar. For a fan.

I'd tend to agree that new players could even be confused when the critical path does not open upon first hit, with no indication they need to keep attacking multiple times to make it open up.

Or give it a damaged model to indicate it needs a few more hits to brake?

In my experience, the problem isn't with the fans themselves, as they break after a small number of hits.  Rather, the problem is the metal bar running horizontally across the center of the fan.  The bar is impervious to damage, and is at just the right height to block most melee attacks.  This is why sliding attacks work well against them, and most melee attacks don't.  If this bar could take damage like the rest of the fan, I think that would solve many problems.

Hit the middle of the fan, not the blades.

Yes, hit the toughest part of the fan.

Actually at one point, I forget which update, that part was invulnerable.  Literally.  I emptied an entire load of 210 bullets from an Aklato into it.  All two hundred and ten bullets.  Then I switched to the Gorgon I was leveling, aimed a little to the right and broke it in one shot.  At least NOW, the entire thing breaks when fired at.

pls move to fan zone... wait... eh... forget this line...

2 points:

1. Yet another confirmation that fan hitbox is buggy. I forgot how many times I encountered a "melee-immune" fan (at first I thought it was a problem with my weapon because I was using Mire without the usual impact/puncture/slash). Then I resort to using slam attacks, which is area based (and theoretically won't "miss" the hit box)

2. While we are at it, why not suggest more interesting ways of "fan-breaking"? e.g. instead of just cracking into generic pieces, make the whole fan detach in one piece, fly pack via physics and hit enemies behind for some damage? Or have special fan-breaking animation like a Rhino using bare hands to rip it out and throw it aside? Or Ember literally melting it (leaving an opening with melt-remained edges).

Other possibles:

- push impact damage that detaches the whole fan and knock it a distance which can hit and damage hostile behind, via weapons or abilities like Rhino Charge

- pull attacks like Ripline, or special actions which makes warframes tear the fan part out (instead of knocking it in)

- attacks that slices the fans into finely cut pieces instead of generic cracking. (may include abilities like slashdash) (emphasizes keen cutting edge as opposed to brute force)

- attacks that melts the fans (leaving a rough melted edge that cools from a glowing red to normal color over time)

- special moves that moves through the fan while keeping it intact? (useless, but could be fun!)

Getting rid of the portal obstacle could be minor, but that doesn't mean it cannot add to the experience :P

pls move to fan zone... wait... eh... forget this line...

2 points:

1. Yet another confirmation that fan hitbox is buggy. I forgot how many times I encountered a "melee-immune" fan (at first I thought it was a problem with my weapon because I was using Mire without the usual impact/puncture/slash). Then I resort to using slam attacks, which is area based (and theoretically won't "miss" the hit box)

2. While we are at it, why not suggest more interesting ways of "fan-breaking"? e.g. instead of just cracking into generic pieces, make the whole fan detach in one piece, fly pack via physics and hit enemies behind for some damage? Or have special fan-breaking animation like a Rhino using bare hands to rip it out and throw it aside? Or Ember literally melting it (leaving an opening with melt-remained edges).

Other possibles:

- push impact damage that detaches the whole fan and knock it a distance which can hit and damage hostile behind, via weapons or abilities like Rhino Charge

- pull attacks like Ripline, or special actions which makes warframes tear the fan part out (instead of knocking it in)

- attacks that slices the fans into finely cut pieces instead of generic cracking. (may include abilities like slashdash) (emphasizes keen cutting edge as opposed to brute force)

- attacks that melts the fans (leaving a rough melted edge that cools from a glowing red to normal color over time)

- special moves that moves through the fan while keeping it intact? (useless, but could be fun!)

Getting rid of the portal obstacle could be minor, but that doesn't mean it cannot add to the experience :P

NOW THIS is some GOLD right here

In my experience, the problem isn't with the fans themselves, as they break after a small number of hits.  Rather, the problem is the metal bar running horizontally across the center of the fan.  The bar is impervious to damage, and is at just the right height to block most melee attacks.  This is why sliding attacks work well against them, and most melee attacks don't.  If this bar could take damage like the rest of the fan, I think that would solve many problems.

So nice that I don't have to detail this myself :D Yes, most of the time you can see the lifebar but even after a few hundred hours of gameplay experience I still manage to meet the fan head on as I can't break it in time - I hit the bar. A tutorial about "unwalked paths" or whatnot would be nice, that could detail alerting enemies, lockdowns, vents as to prepare the players, make them understand they have to look for these.

Also it would be cool to have more alternative routes to one's target, right now you always have only 1 option. That seems highly unlikely in any area.

Such things are always good but would be best in moderation - either don't make the move itself too flashy or make it only happen sometimes. The examples you provided were perfectly fine, just pointing out that making such animation needlessly unique can break the immersion while providing multiple versions of the same one can be uselessly time consuming for the devs.

Overall nearly everything in the game could use more variety, even skill activations. Just imagine that slight differences would appear, like Volt not rising up for ultimate but instead electrifying the ground or just standing there while channeling electricity with one hand towards the ceiling etc. Sure, this is vanity stuff but would add some more immersion to the game. If you look at it this way, if Ash's ultimate was handled like any other ultimate, he would hit the enemies in the same way, every time. His ultimate consists of multiple attacks thus it would have been very weird looking but the other's could use the same attention and detail too.

Edited by K_Shiro

I have a new proposal to fix the fan problem: when a stuck fan or half-broken grate senses the mighty presence of a Tenno warrior closer than 5 meters, it promptly dies of a heart attack and breaks on its own.

This is not constructive feedback, you offer nothing positive to this discussion. New players cannot buy/build the Vectis before they destroy their first fan. Let alone have the decent mods to increase its damage as you or I can.

I agree w/ OP and Skree, either make fans 1hp or give newbs some indicator to destroy them (or both).

Calm down, he's joking. The matter's all but resolved at this point as Skree noted that he has notified the proper authorities. The rest of this thread is basically bandwagon. That and this is a comparatively trivial matter, so being nonconstructive matters little. 

Should be 20HP max to allow us air kick but i love to have to shoot multiple time on it

-_-

Edited by Tsoe

With all due respect, there are a ton of more important issues and bugs in this game that could really use some kind of input or feedback from DE's side ....