The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma's Future

immolator1001

The soma is still one of (and arguably) the best weapons in the game. It requires the same rank as the synapse but has equal or higher dps for less materials/work.

Solution:
Reduce fire rate and crit damage

Add soma prime that is better than the current soma (even higher crit damage and slightly lower fire rate.)

Soma lovers still get an amazing gun, it just takes more work to get.

Edit:

I believe that clan tech and primes should be the best weapons in the game

Another solution is to move the soma to the new tenno labs

Edited by immolator1001

Functionally the Soma is fine where it is. What could (should?) be done is make it more difficult to get. Two possibilities include:

1) Further raising the Mastery requirement... Maybe rank 10 to give people a reason to go that far. At the very least, I think it should be rank 8.

2) Shove it in the new fancy Tenno lab, along with the Vectis and Tigris. Aside from giving more reason for its existence, it makes sense that people should go through clan research to get such powerful guns.

With recent weapon buffs over the past few months, the Soma's place on Mount Tier List isn't nearly as high as it used to be. It's still up at the top, but now it's joined by plenty of other rifles, so nerfing it would only make a cool gun worse and piss off the community.

The thing I would agree with is removing the stupid half way reload cancel. 1.5s reload on such a powerful full auto accurate gun with massive magazine is ridiculous.

Is there any other gun that got 1/2 reload cancel by the way (instead of 3/4) ?

Edited by Hyunsai

for DPS, all the bows now are pretty nice and rather easy to get, penta has more potential dps than the soma, shotguns are pretty sweet as well....
you havent read the pinned topic at the top of the weapon section havent you? please do so before asking for a dart gun...

and i think there are weapons for the fun, and some weapons which are nice to use when you have to get serious

Why so much hate? Why is there always someone crying for a Soma nerf (ANOTHER one lol)? I would understand it a few months ago, but now... That rifle is used far less than it used to be, the damage it does is offset by its ammo consumption, the reload time is fine as is, several weapons are at least as good, or even better... I don't get it...

Buff to weak rather than nerf the strong.

^agree

there's no "solution" to a non-issue.

there's isn't a issue with soma in the first place... ever since the damage 2.0

how about leave it as it is and don't use it if you don't like it 

and dont craft it too, save your resources. otherwise u will complain about crafting requirement on weapon which you wouldnt be using

Why so much hate? Why is there always someone crying for a Soma nerf (ANOTHER one lol)? I would understand it a few months ago, but now... That rifle is used far less than it used to be, the damage it does is offset by its ammo consumption, the reload time is fine as is, several weapons are at least as good, or even better... I don't get it...

the hates only comes from those whom have yet to own  or formed it.

Soma lovers still get an amazing gun, it just takes more work to get.

If you are true gun lover you will use it and wont give a crap about its stats.

If you still insist that its too weak maybe its time to move on to other guns cause community wont let you nerf anything and gun is already too powerful.

You can't just buff all weak guns because if all of our weapons were close to the soma or latron prime then the game is so easy it's pointless. It make no sense to buff the majority of weapons to bring them in line with the soma when the soma is the outlier. My only problem with it being so strong it that it is neither clan tech nor a prime.

And no the soma isn't fine, without heavy caliber it has sniper like accuracy and allows you to spray and pray through levels for the cost of fairly cheap resources and getting to mastery 6..

Also most soma lovers don't love it because it's got a cool mechanic or is fun (penta or phage) they use it because it's incredibly easy to use and incredibly powerful. Just because DE hasn't addressed it in the past 3 months doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Edit: I'm under the firm impression that the best weapons in the game should be clan tech or prime

Edited by immolator1001

considering the Soma's low base stats I think asking for a nerf is completely out of order, silly even.

you won't get the slash/impact/puncture bonus you can get with other guns, adding the s/i/p mods to it doesn't do anything particularly interesting. So it's pure crit damage this weapon delivers. Which is great for most levels but it's usefulness decreases with enemies over lvl 35/40, where a high s/i/p will still do tonnes of damage..

I have a 4 star gorgon and a 4 star soma. Before damage 2.0 I was more partial to the soma, since damage 2.0 I've been back at the gorgon for the higher level enemies, especially corpus.. Same goes for the supra against grineer..

You can't just buff all weak guns because if all of our weapons were close to the soma or latron prime then the game is so easy it's pointless. It make no sense to buff the majority of weapons to bring them in line with the soma when the soma is the outlier. My only problem with it being so strong it that it is neither clan tech nor a prime.

Soma isn't even near my most used weapons, manly because the wind-up time on the weapons makes other weapons better for marksmen's use. The Burston Prime and Latron Prime are both superior to Soma in any situation where careful aiming is being done.

For all the people saying to buff what's weak:

Excluding melee, trying to buff what weapons were weak would require the rebalance of about *52* weapons. Nerfing the OP weapons would require the rebalance of about *9* weapons, and would not require a rebalance

It wouldn't make a difference how many generic weapons I had to balance, ten or fifty it would only take a day or two. The only complex weapons that would take any time to balance are ones like Torid and Mitter because they would take time to play test to see how they behave with modification.

Again, it wouldn't be hard to balance a lot of weapons at once; If DE gave me their spread sheet, anything that has straight forward damage can be easily modified and have the out-come of the adjustment known in advance, and with little margin of error for mod interaction that can be caused by oversight.

There are not that many unique weapons in this game; Comparing WF to games such as 'Armored Core' this game would be a feather weight to balance or adjust because that game had a lot more technical information for all stats. People keep making it sound like it takes some high and mighty act to adjust a bunch of weapons, it really doesn't take that much effort.

Edited by LazyKnight

And no the soma isn't fine, without heavy caliber it has sniper like accuracy and allows you to spray and pray through levels for the cost of fairly cheap resources and getting to mastery 6..

Also most soma lovers don't love it because it's got a cool mechanic or is fun (penta or phage) they use it because it's incredibly easy to use and incredibly powerful. Just because DE hasn't addressed it in the past 3 months doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Edit: I'm under the firm impression that the best weapons in the game should be clan tech or prime

i ll agree with that completely, the clantechs and prime's are supposed to be the main one's leading it up and not staying weak to their standards or others. I just find it less senseful, why would in the world, weapons like soma or penta or other standard weapons at requiring similar mastery rank as clantechs, and cheaper to build and they do better than prime's and the clantech's. It's just simply hilarious.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

Soma isn't even near my most used weapons, manly because the wind-up time on the weapons makes other weapons better for marksmen's use. The Burston Prime and Latron Prime are both superior to Soma in any situation where careful aiming is being done.

It wouldn't make a difference how many generic weapons I had to balance, ten or fifty it would only take a day or two. The only complex weapons that would take any time to balance are ones like Torid and Mitter that would take play testing to see how they behave with modification.

Again, it wouldn't be hard to balance a lot of weapons at once; If DE gave me their spread sheet, anything that has straight forward damage can be easily modified and have the out-come of the adjustment known in advance, and with little margin of error for mod interaction that can be caused by oversight.

There are not that many unique weapons in this game; Comparing WF to games such as 'Armored Core' this game would be a feather weight to balance or adjust (that game had a lot more technical information for all stats). People keep making it sound like it takes some high and mighty act to adjust a bunch of weapons, it really doesn't take that much effort.

For you first point, it doesn't matter how much 1 person uses the weapon, while it isn't as accurate as the latron it has absurd accuracy for its fire rate and damge.

And it doesn't matter how easy or difficult it would be to bring the weapons to the level of them soma the problem is that if you do that the game is too easy. Buffing and nerffing isn't difficult on it's own, its making them fit with the entire game and if DE actually did buff everything the game wouldn't be fun.

Why change weapons that there isn't a problem with when you can change the one that there is a problem with? Even moving the soma to clan tech would help, but by taking the naive mentality that you can buff everything to OP status you would ruin the game.