Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: A Quest Unknown!

[DE]Megan

Edit : I tried to trim it some more, and here is the 499 word version! 

The Death and Birth of a Warrior

Known throughout Menus as an Elite of the Tenno, with his power to enter the very core of their systems and do as he pleases, he scarred the lands and left without being seen; Loki. A warrior shrouded in oblivion. In the planet of bio-modification and gene repair, Uranus lies a scientist. A  tyrant. A murderer. Tyl-Regor. A scientist that wants to create more efficient and stronger Grineer through gene repair but that was only the face of it all.

He is one of the most ruthless, blood-lusted creatures of the universe. Thousands of citizens from all Grineer colonies are sent to him every month where he commits atrocious experiments on them. He focuses on twins and siblings, obsessed by their genetic relations, he searches for them. Brothers and sisters sent into his "experiment" room where only screams can be heard and death can be felt. The Lotus had recently discovered that Tyl-Regor had found some crucial information and he has requested help from The Sisters directly. The Lotus knew that even I wouldn't be able to handle the Elite Grineer forces that were guarding Tyl-Regor, so I had one mission; Find the information and destroy it. 

That was what was written on paper for me anyway. I knew what I would see but I never prepared myself for it. Quietly trying to find the information, I came across the prison... I shouldn't be effected with emotions but one thing struck me. A brother holding his sister close in his arms. In tears, he looked everywhere for someone, he looked at me. I was right in-front of him. I was  helpless. They were pulled out and shoved into the room with Tyl-Regor. I followed them, every step of the way, my hands were ready to reach out but my mind chained me. Until the door was shut closed. Minutes later I heard screams. I fell to the floor in tears as I felt a pain like no other. I couldn't move. My whole body was shaking as I heard the screams getting lower my heart beats became louder, my arms wrapped around myself trying to contain the utter hate and disgust I felt towards Tyl-Regor... and myself. I was filled with anger and rage. Hours later, Tyl-Regor came out, covered in blood, acting as if nothing had happened.

lj02.png

I held my Fang ready to dig it deep into his heart when suddenly I heard the voice of the Lotus "Stop. Head to extraction now." I had no power or will to argue with her so I headed to extraction. I thought of it all. "Why was I hesitating to save another life?". The thought was eating me, I was losing the battle in my own mind. I couldn't take it anymore. The standards of the Tenno are something I can't handle. At least for now. I took off the crest of the Tenno and put it down along with a letter. Hoping they will understand.

q122.png

I will return. Stronger.

Below is the original version if anyone is interested in reading the more detailed and (better) version. ^^ (700+ words)

The Death and the Birth of a Warrior.

Known throughout Menus as an Elite of the mysterious Tenno. Feared by the leaders for his power to enter the very core of their systems and do as he pleases without anything that can stop him. The armies of the Grineer, the machines of the Corpus. None of it mattered. True to the ancient Tenno, he scarred the lands and left without being seen; Loki. A warrior shrouded in oblivion. The Lotus had him carry out delicate missions. Missions where even the mighty Rhino couldn't handle the attacks of the Grineer Elite or the Corpus Technology. This time was no different. In the planet of bio-modification and gene repair, Uranus lies a scientist. A  tyrant. A murderer. Tyl Regor. A Grineer scientist that wants to create more efficient and stronger Grineer through gene repair but that was only the face of it all.

He is one of the most ruthless, blood-lusted creatures of the universe. Thousands of citizens from all Grineer colonies are sent to him every month where he commits atrocious experiments on them. He focuses on twins and siblings, obsessed by their genetic relations, he looks for them, anywhere he can. Brothers and sisters sent into his "experiment" room where only screams can be heard and death can be felt. The Lotus had recently found out that Tyl Regor had found some crucial information, as such, he has requested help from The Sisters directly. The Lotus knew that even I wouldn't be able to handle the Elite Grineer forces that were guarding Tyl Regor, so I had one mission; Find the information and destroy it. Under no circumstance was I allowed to attack the Grineer. 

That was what was written on paper for me anyway. I had no idea what I would see. No, I knew what I would see but I never prepared myself for it. Quietly trying to find the information, I came across the prison...That's actually an understatement. It was more like a butcher-house but with creatures of all races and types. I was a trained Tenno, I shouldn't be effected with emotions but one thing struck me deep. A brother holding his sister close in his arms. In tears, he looked everywhere for someone, he looked at me. I was right in-front of him. I was right there but the commands of the Lotus were clear. They were pulled out of the cell and shoved into the room with Tyl Regor. I followed them, every step of the way, my body was ready to reach out but my mind was holding it back. Before I could re-think my decision, the door was shut closed instantly and without a moment's delay, I heard screams. I fell to the floor in tears as I felt a pain like no other. A pain far worse than anything I could have ever imagined. I couldn't move. My whole body was shaking as I heard the screams getting lower and lower, my heart beats became louder and louder, my arms wrapped around myself trying to contain the utter hate and disgust I felt towards Tyl Regor... and myself. I was filled with anger and rage, ready to rip off the head of the first person to come out of that door and hours later, the first person to come out was Tyl Regor, covered in blood, acting as if nothing had happened.

lj02.png

I held my Fang ready to dig it deep into his heart when suddenly my head started ringing, I was about to loose my balance and then I heard the voice of the Lotus "Stay down. Head to extraction. Make no other actions." I had no power or will to argue with her so I headed to extraction. I sat down at my Dojo alone, thinking of it all. "What would have happened if I saved them? Why didn't I do anything? Why was I hesitating to save another life?". The thoughts were eating me, I was losing the battle in my own mind. I couldn't take it anymore. The standards and needs of the Lotus and Tenno are something I can't handle. At least for now. I took off the crest of the Lotus and put it down along with a letter of this all. Hoping they will understand.

q122.png

I will return. When I do, I will be stronger to protect the people I care for and to uphold my honor as a Tenno.

Extra Note :
Sooo if you haven't guessed it yet, he returns as Loki Prime! :D

Edited by Leorion

I moved like a shadow, unseen to all. Nothing could stop me now. 

I used to actually be a nice guy, with a family, a wife, and some kids, until the Sentients came. The Orokin Overlords threw everything they could at the new alien threat, but nothing proved effective. While the top scientists looked for a biological weapon, the Overlords attempted to use the corrupting power of the void on people. I was drafted into the project without a choice. I was one of the few who survived. I became Tenno. Some call me Loki, but my real name is Lance. 

Throughout the war with the Sentients, I proved myself to be the smartest, fastest, and most deadly Tenno. The horrible images from the void that brought me to kill pushed me further towards corruption every day. The other Tenno had despised me for being better. I was rejected, even from my own kind. I became a rumor, lost in legends of truth and fiction. I hid, I killed, I lived.

I often thought of my late wife and kids. I never got to see my kids reach the age of adulthood. They never saw me again, once I was drafted and whisked away into the hellish void.

I was hunted, I had bounties on my head, but no justice was brought to me for bringing the downfall of the Orokin Overlords and their era. Once awakened from cryo sleep, the other Tenno became mercenaries, fighting petty battles for the highest bidder. I was busy doing important tasks. After a long amount of tracking, I found the lab in which the Technocyte Virus was created during the war with the Sentients. From that lab, a great monster had arisen. I slayed it. The other Tenno had no honor. They had no memories. I avoided cryo sleep, and remember everything that I wish I had forgotten. 

I overcame my nightmarish flashback of what my life had become, and I kept moving. Right in front of me, there he was. My next target, Lieutenant Lech Kril. I raised my Latron Prime, and fired away.

EDIT: How do I change text color? This is really annoying...

My whack at this contest, starring my main, Banshee.

Sneaking through security can be a pain. Stowing away on a Grineer Supply ship, getting cramped in a box until they get to the Galleon. After the Grineer workers finish unloading the supplies (and a cramped Banshee), I wait until it gets quiet, then I open the crate and climb out with a little stretch… ooh, that feels better… Followed by my Shade, unfurling it’s leg-like appendages and letting out a little squeak of relief signifying he’s ready to go. I quickly check my equipment, making sure everything is okay. Lanka’s charged and ready to go, Detron locked and loaded, Orthos Prime sharp as a razor. And finally I’m off, climbing into the ventilation to get on the mission path.

JKCfNv3.jpg

I always had a strange admiration for the Grineer… no… “respect” better fits. I still disagree with their methods and reasons, but I can respect their loyalty, honor, and bravery against unmatchable odds. I kind of wish my fellow Tenno could be more like that… If anything we as a whole act more like the Corpus. Selling ourselves to the highest bidder when they decided they want to start an invasion… it’s almost funny. I can’t say I’m sorry about the Corpus decline-- I pause as my Shade bumps my shoulder, followed by a chirp, reminding me that I have a mission to do. I keep forgetting the middle of a mission is not the place to debate my existence… I save my thoughts for later and continue the mission. I get a message from the Lotus, reminding me that my target is the core of the ship… essentially reminding me that we are still seen an incompetent children to her. “Hurr durr wat do I do, Looootuuus??” I mutter to myself. Good thing she can’t hear me… I hope.

Sabotage are one of the few mission I kill very few enemies in. I mean, the explosion of the reactor would kill them, anywa-- I stop as the lights flicker, signifying either the Stalker has planned another futile attempt, or that copy-cat the Harvester. I already got all of the Stalker’s gear and the Detron from the Harvester, so these encounters have become more of a chore. Eventually I get a message confirming the Stalker. “I know your every move…” Yeah, and yet you can’t stop them. “There is no salvation from your crime against Lech Kril.” That was like… 3 months ago... You must’ve been busy. “You shall not leave this place!” Ugh, just poof in already.

And with that, the Stalker burst forth from his black cloud of smoke and I deflected the first swipe from his Hate, but the second swipe at my leg forced me leap back. I drew my Lanka, giving him time to draw his bow in opposition. Lanka’s charge was a drag, but when it hit, few could walk away alive… Stalker new this well. He used his “Slash dash” as an attempt to break my concentration and I let go of my charge, so I ran to put some distance between us to give me time to charge. The Stalker soon teleported towards me… bad choice. “It doesn’t take THAT long to charge, Stalkie-poo.” The Stalker staggered backwards, realizing the singed hole through his belly. I kicked him in the chest and he fell to his back and I drew my Orthos, preparing to strike. He quickly threw a Smoke Bomb, and my blade hit the metal plating of the floor. “No!? This is not... possible.” “Yeah yeah, have a good weekend.”

ndaaQ85.jpg

The Reactor room was the one room I had to clear out, just so I could hack at my leisure. The protective shell lifted, revealing the fuel tubes on the core. I Pulled out my Detron, and unloaded into the core until the Lotus confirmed that I destroyed the core. Thanks Lotus! Where would I be without you! ...then I reminded myself: either being ripped limb-from-limb by Grineer soldiers, or turned into Corpus-Science-Sushi. Can’t complain. The Core meltdown counter started and I sprinted to the exit, not really caring if I get noticed at this point. Eventually I got to extraction, with a only a few hits on my shield. The Lotus did her annual bland “Good work, Tenno.” God, could you smile for once? It would brighten everyones day up, I’m sure of it. I locked myself in the pod and it took me home. Nice, got some nano-spores.

-END

Edited by Actriaz

"Tenno, I have intercepted a transmission from Chancellor Vay Hek. To whom it was intended, I do not know.

“No other Tenno have this gear. I will convince the Queens to give you all of Venus for this powerful weaponry. -Chancellor Vay Hek”

This Tenno somehow is not seen by my sensors and the little contact that I have had of it is from memories of fallen Tenno killed by a being with great strength, speed, and ability.

It is your duty Tenno to find this monster and subdue it. I will interrogate it back at base and learn from where it gained this powerful equipment.

If you succeed you will lead the raid to get this new equipment.”

Lotus

Onward marches a lone Tenno accepting the challenge to the Clans to subdue this monster. He is said to be the best assassin. Ash is his Warframe, silent and deadly. His loadout, Latron Prime, Despair, Orthos Prime, made to kill silently from all ranges.

His final test to become the master assassin he has always strived to be has come.

Then finally, after many days, on a mission on the jungles of Earth…

Ash sees and hears the Lotus say: “There is an unknown presence on my sensors. I think its…” Her transmission was cut off replaced with an image of a warrior, glad in gold and silver, kneeling like on resting in the dojo. He stood and said. “You will be tested by The Hunter.”

A door opens behind the Ash and the Tenno cloaks only to see a Grineer napalm. As he draws his Orthos Prime suddenly the napalm disappears and in replaced by The Hunter. Swinging his Orthos Prime, it is blocked nearly slicing off the arm of The Hunter. The Hunter retaliates with a swing of his weapon. It looks like a standard Bo but has a spear head at one end and a chain wrapped around the base attached to his arm. They swirl in combat neither landing a blow stopping any that came close. Then suddenly the onslaught slows and Ash cuts off the right hand of the Hunter.  The Hunter disintegrates as Ash hears a maniacal laugh from behind him. He turns only to see The Hunter throwing his spear. Ash dives out of the way narrowly dodging the spear and turns and shoots The Hunter twice, once in each knee. As The Hunter falls Ash teleports to him draws his Despair and holds it to his throat.

Ash says to The Hunter, “Tell me where you got your equipment or die!”

He replies, “On an Interception mission there was an explosion and suddenly me and my team were in the Void. They all were killed nearly instantly as I watched invisibly from the shadows. I was like you once, using Ash, but then I found THEM and THEY gave me this gear.”

As Ash asks, “Who are THEY?” The Hunter pulls his arm backwards and his spear comes back to him impaling him.

(500 words on the nose) Screenshots to come Soon

Edited by Fijasrules

Log entry 001:

When I first stepped on Earth, I felt odd. I expected to see ruins and desolation but instead I was greeted by giant trees and savage beasts. It felt strangely peaceful, as if this place was already known to me. The others said that it was simply a side-effect of my frame adapting to the forest toxins, but I don't believe that. There is something here. Something more then just land or valuable minerals. Something we must not allow the grineer to taint.

1s_by_syimper-d76glx2.jpg

Log entry 003:

Our cell has been tasked with the mission of observing the grineer activity in the area. The clumsy fools have tried countless times to establish themselves within these forests, but have failed time after time. Now I understand why... It can be quite amusing to watch them carelessly stumble around, tripping over poisonous spores and throwing themselves into toxic lakes thinking it was "just green water". Still, no matter how many times they fail they keep returning. And this time they seem to be planning something.

2s_by_syimper-d76glwi.jpg

Log entry 022:

Our suspicions were correct. The grineer have begun to stock barrels of toxin across small outposts located near the forest. We have acquired one of these barrels and examined the toxin. This "Cicero" toxin, named by Vay Hek himself, is so powerful that it could harm even a Saryn. We are positive that the grineer intend to use large amounts of this toxin to kill everything inside the forest, as well as the forest itself. But we still need to find out how exactly they hope to accomplish that.

3s_by_syimper-d76glw2.jpg

Log entry 065:

We have skirmished with the grineer inside the forest several times already. This was done in order to make our presence known and thus force them to stall their plans. We hope this will buy us enough time to figure everything out, but our lone tenno cell is heavily outnumbered. A single mistake could cause our demise and grant the grineer the opportunity they need to terminate the forests. Perhaps it is time to contact the Lotus.

4s_by_syimper-d76glv9.jpg

Log entry 081:

We have finally managed to find what we were looking for, but we are too late. The grineer have already moved in with the Cicero toxin and are in the process of injecting it into the aquifer. But there is still hope to avert the crisis. We might be able to assemble an antidote using the toxins from plants found in here. It should work if we can mix the antidote with the toxin inside the injector. This work, however, will be done by the tenno that are on their way here. Our cell has decided to go and strike against the grineer base housing the injector. We will attempt to cripple it's defenses and make it easier for the others to finish what we have started. We probably won't survive, but this place is now my home and I can think of no better way to end my service.

5s_by_syimper-d76gluf.jpg

(500 words)

Here we are, had to do some harsh editing to get it to the <500 word mark, but I made it work!

"THE END"

He was silent, save for his slow steps on the steel of the ship’s floor – no words, no breaths.  He was not hiding from them, no; they knew he was here; they saw where he was; they were trying stop him.  They couldn't.  Whether for duty, devotion, or fear or something else, they – the Corpus – threw themselves and their machines against him in futile attempts – they were lambs to the slaughter.  They encircled him, their weapons drawn.  There were shouts, demands, orders for him to surrender, to raise his arms.  He said nothing in reply, but he complied with the second demand.  He lifted his palms towards the sky.

Terrify_zps38ac4edc.jpg

White energy flared.  Lines of it lingered by him while clouds of it consumed the Corpus.  People and robotics alike turned, looking around them – the men’s hands trembling, the machines’ sensors sparking.  He resumed his path with the same slow gait as before.  Around him, the Corpus were less serene.  They ran in circles, cried in terror; they tried to escape the horrors they saw, the sights that were burning in their eyes.  They couldn't  He did not care; he was not here for them – not this time.  He walked the hallways, more Corpus trying to stop him.  He was not as merciful with all of them.

The final door between him and his goal opened.  He stepped into the next room, a room of wide windows that stared out into space.  Obstructing his own view was a line of crewmen, guns pointed towards him, their manager pacing behind them.  “You’re not invincible, you know,” the manager glared with a smile, “even if you think you are.  I could have shot you down the moment my ship detected yours, but I can make a fortune if I take you in one piece.”  The manager raised his arm.  “Not alive, just intact.  On my mark…”

ShadowsoftheDead_zpsb875bca4.jpg

He hesitated no more.  Once more he raised his arms, but there was no flash of white, this time tendrils of pale energy filled the air.  “Fire!”  The manager yelled, but it was too late.  The black-white ghosts of fallen Corpus filled the room, intercepting the plasma shots and charging to maim their once-allies.  He took no notice, only strode towards the manager.  The manager tried to run, but he sank the blade of his scythe into his target’s side and pulled the Corpus coward back to him.  The manager spoke in whisper: “what are you?”

Desecrate_zpscf1b52d3.jpg

His reply was brief.  “The End.”  With one slash the manger’s head was removed.  He held his hand over the Corpus’ dead body.  It dissolved into a fine mist which floated about him before sinking into his frame like water into a sponge.  He was done here.  He had no more reason to stay.  He turned his gun upon the windows and shattered it.  He let himself be pulled into the darkness of space, to float towards a waiting ship in the distance.

Spacewalk_zps41bb7ce2.jpg

Regardless of if I win or not, I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope there will be more writing contests in the near-future! Thank you DE for FINALLY giving me something in-tune with my talents!

EDIT: just a quick edit to add the title. I doubt it was really needed, but I see everyone else doing it and I HATE to be different.

Edited by Morec0

Sanctuary, Unforgotten

Earth. Although my abrupt reawakening had damaged my memory, it did not completely destroy it. There was a place on Earth, a certain wooded sanctuary where I had meditated, that remained in my mind. Since our reawakening we did not step onto our home planet. Some had speculated our home had been reduced to waste under the heel of the Grineer. Our missions took place on ships in orbit. That was before the Lotus called us to hold back the Grineer's Ciciero Toxin.

lMN6TyF.png

Earth, to our surprise, was not withered way by the Grineer but was rather the opposite; the flora left behind by the Orokin halted Grineer expansion. However, they held a poison designed to eat away the flora to make way for their putrid world. With the impending threat we all raced through the forests of our home, scouring each nook and cranny to find the flowers that would provide the means to neutralize the toxin. Many hunted in groups in order to harvest as quickly as possible. I took my time, taking in the vistas on my own, hoping that some scene that I would stumble across would repair my fragmented memory. In the end, nothing returned.

Hafczhu.png

That was months ago. When the crisis was averted we continued our missions as normal. I had asked Oberon about the grove, and while he was surprised by my memory, he confirmed that such a place did exist and was not a corrupted piece of my memory. However, his own broken memory meant he too did not know of its location, or if it was still intact. Once more the Lotus called us back to the planet's surface to continue combating Grineer expansion. As my comrades fought over the Grineer transmission stations I scoured the forest floor.

uybjkq9.png

Although their incursions were quickly crushed by the flora, it was difficult to find a place that was not untouched by Grineer. One day I found myself at a small stream, its water clear and untainted by Grineer hands. Though my clan's dojo has its water gardens and fountains, the feeling of calm and cool water beneath my feet was...nostalgic. As I meditated amongst the stream-side grove I could feel my memories slowly reforming. Sadly, it was not enough for me to recall that beloved sanctuary. But it was enough to instill hope in my heart.

WdmRaQV.png

My peaceful meditation was rudely interrupted by a Regulator, this time painted green as if in mockery of the world around it. Instead of the indecipherable rants of the Grineer Queens, the voice of Councilor Vey Hek roared words of encouragement to an empty grove. Attempts to assassinate him while aboard a ship have not yet succeeded. We have tracked his movements on Earth, and we wait for the perfect time to strike. I do not know if I will ever find that wooded grove. But I know my blade will pierce Vey Hek's degenerated heart, along with all who dared to defile my sanctuary.

De49F3I.png

Whew, 500 words in total, a few solo runs on Earth for screenshots (I took more than just the 5 you see here). 500 words is limiting, but also forces you to be a bit creative. I think this is the...third revision? While I could have used Oberon, I didn't have the Magistar which I felt "completed" the image. So I used Loki with Fang, since it seems much more "vanilla". Still, one of the more fun contests, a lot of nice entries so far.

Edited by DreamlessMemory

"Harbinger"

Nightfall. It was time to execute phase Delta. Sector FifaZulu was twelve clicks west of Kaito’s current location. Getting there undetected was the easy part, but during transit to the docking station he’d received another order to add to his list of objectives. “When you initiate phase Delta, Tenno, eliminate all enemy combatants near the rendezvous point.” It’d been hours since he’d been given his extra directive, but the Lotus’s omniscient voice still hummed fresh in his mind, as if she were watching him right now. Clear your focus, Kaito told himself. You already know she’s watching.

ewHOE8T.png

The forest was a mere blur as Kaito skimmed along the vines and branches of the immense trees. His silent, gliding footsteps carried him across the few kilometers in just a few short minutes. Too slow. He stopped near the ruined bulkhead at the perimeter of the base. He’d missed his window; the Grineer squads were already filing out of their drop ships into the main compound. He would have to wait another hour before cleansing the facility. Soon enough, second watch had begun. The marines on guard lumbered back to the east barracks as their replacements came in the other way. Kaito glared down the barrel of his camouflaged Vectis rifle at them taking their various positions around the primary compound. His own suit matched his Vectis, making him a seamless addition to the forest landscape. Even if a guard was looking for him, he would be impossible to spot while staying still. He was simply another tree in the vast jungle.

9zOs08H.png

There was a rustling to his right. He instantly shifted his stance and took aim at where the sound had come from and slowly backed himself to the nearby debris. An Eviscerator was casually approaching his location. He was walking to exactly the spot Kaito had just been at. He was coming closer. Closer... Now. Kaito grabbed the Eviscerator from the side and jammed a Kunai blade into his neck. He made a short gurgling noise and crumpled to the forest floor. He turned at another sound. “TENNO SKOOM!”

z1TshHB.png

Kaito rolled right to avoid fire from a team of Lancers that had snuck up behind him. He lifted the soldiers into the air and slammed them into the ground in one single motion. Blue light radiated from their corpses. There came a shouting from the compound. He sprinted by the ruined buildings and down a rocky path. He knew exactly where he needed to go. He came to a river and ran to the end of it; the marines close on his tail. Kaito looked down at the abyss over the waterfall. He jumped.

cjv4t4z.png

Falling over a hundred meters onto a small platform, Kaito collected his thoughts. The rendezvous point.

He looked up from the floor at the vast machine before him. At its center was a man. Kaito gazed in horror at the monstrosity. “No…”

PVgNXlv.png

To Be Continued...

Vaubon's On Victory and Defeat

Vallis, Mars. Wrecks of Alad's war are stalked by triumphant Grineer, and some – like this one – hold prisoners. This ship's captain still lives, and if Lotus is correct she has credits and contacts that could aid us. Despite their victory, the Grineer have managed to find defeat.

This battlefield is familiar, all sleek lines and blued battle steel. Still, although I somehow blend into the walls better than the marines do – an advantage I rarely enjoy aboard my usual marks – I must be careful. Not for me Excalibur's death-or-glory charge! No, I must shape the battlefield before me, and I have taken the best from other warframes to make that possible. A wall of energy holds the unaware patrol in the air for silenced pistols and electo-grenades to blast away. Against nearly a dozen "veteran" marines I am unscathed, unhindered, and undetected. Victories within victories.

I prefer the company of my Sentinels, the friends I've made myself. Too many of my brethren see only the battlefield before them. They have lost sight of the fields above and around it, if indeed they ever saw them. But our enemies are too numerous and too quick to reproduce for any amount of slaughter to check – even the most maddened Tenno must see this by now. And these blundering incompetents would hardly have mattered in the war, leaving no point to their deaths. I must instead look for purpose in higher battlefields, for victory without a purpose is a waste, and waste leads to defeat.

The Corpus are dying. My brethren scorn them, but they see only one battlefield, and so become pawns in all the others. In the years to come we will need a foundation to stand upon, not merely scorched ground, and people like my fleet captain and Master Darvo are the ones to lay it. Their scientists have made breakthroughs we had never dreamed possible – one need only look at the oxium factories to see this. We, cursed as Betrayers and bought as tools, are still slaves to the Orokin. We pick over derelicts, hunt relics in the void, but though their weapons shape our minds we cannot understand them. We grope for a past centuries dead while the beings that made us their weapons laugh from beyond. In total defeat, the greatest victory.

My captain thanks me, but my mind is already on a higher plane. The battle here was meaningless on its own and one captain makes little difference in the war the Corpus are fighting. Like our friend Darvo, though, he is a potential ally, a potential resource. By shaping the battle within the corridors of this half-starship I have shaped the battle for the system. By shaping the system I have shaped the future of the Tenno. And by shaping our future, we all have the chance to become more than the weapons our creators would force us to be.

Victories within victories until victory can be ours.

---

499 words, not including title.

How do you people take such wonderful screenshots in-game?  Is there some tool I'm not aware of, or are you just naturally good at it?  Steam's F12 button really isn't that useful, especially not when you're trying to get ten Grineer to pose while you lob a stealth Bastille at them.  I've got a few, but I have no idea how to attach them to a post even if I was brave enough to do so after seeing things like...well, like pretty much all of Page 5 here.

Edited by Phaenur

A Prime Betrayal

Not every Tenno is given a warm awakening. The unlucky few captured by Corpus or Grineer monsters never get to join their fighting brothers and sisters. But little is worse than waking up and being forced to fight the forces once created to protect you. Excalibur Prime was woken to the sound of the Neural Sentry’s purge alarm, and orders for all forces to kill the Teeno that waited in stasis within the chambers of the Void Towers

1911667_1392074487723602_993028283_n.jpg

Having fought his way through the Orokin Sentry minions, Excalibur looked back on the Tower that once protected him and his Prime siblings. The home that had cast him out and wanted him dead. He waited at the escape pods of the Tower for the remaining Teeno of the Void Tower. Waiting for Frost, Mag, and Ember to arrive to the exit and escape together. When the sound of bullets and laser fire subsided, Excalibur decided it was time to leave, before the Neural Sentry’s final security measure would take effect.

1920163_1392074471056937_588449590_n.jpg

With the Tower’s escape pod bringing him to another, safe tower within the solar rail system, the Neural Sentry was no longer an enemy Excalibur needed to worry about. As he knelt in meditation, the lone Teeno’s thoughts wandered to his companions. He had hopes that they had made it out of the tower as he did, and that somehow in this giant system he could find them once again. His heart lays with his friends, wishfully thinking that they might be out there, looking for him as well.

1891155_1392074494390268_1767457864_n.jp

(Many thanks to DeathOC as Ember Prime, DarkAgeDemo as Frost Prime, and MuchGoodSuchAwesome as Mag Prime for helping with the screenshot with all the Prime Frames)

Edited by Fr0stByt

I hate the fact that I couldn't get rid of the hud and such, but I hope readers can ignore that.

Worse Than Death

12529306505_bf5d232888_o.jpg

When Zakarix Realm awoke from his stasis, he found his place to be within the Loki Warframe. Though it wasn’t the most robust frame of choice, he found it to be the perfect candidate for his style: a silent killer that could be anywhere at any moment. He worked towards invisibility, and made himself a dangerous combatant to his enemies. He completed many missions for the Lotus, helping to thin the ranks of Grineer and Corpus armies alike. But Zakarix faced his ultimate challenge when he was sent to an infested ship.

12529796134_bd71eee1cf_o.jpg

While clearing out the ship of infested, he sensed someone watching him. Zakarix soon realized that he was marked by the Stalker. Thinking nothing of it, Zakarix turned invisible and approached the Stalker for a melee kill. However, he was not prepared for the Stalker’s newly learned power: dispel. Zakarix was turned visible and stunned, leaving him to be an easy target for the Stalker. The Stalker defeated Zakarix and rendered him unconscious. Soon after the Stalker disappeared, the infested began to approach Realm’s body. Some time later, he was rescued by another squad of Tenno, who then returned him to his clan dojo.

12529783444_867211f185_o.jpg

After he recovered, Zakarix discovered something horrible. His skin began to fall off of his body and black, rock-like masses began to envelope him over the course of weeks. He realized that he had been infected by the Technocyte Virus and predicted that he would either die or become an infested creature within days. Yet, even after a month of time, neither fate was given. Somehow, Realm’s own biology had mutated the virus, creating a varied strain. But he was far from healthy. Two months after his infection, he began hearing voices within his head that demanded severed flesh and spilled blood. Further time had ruined his appearance and his behavior. The voices from within Zakarix made him more unforgiving to his foes, never leaving intact bodies of his victims. He may have not been one of the infested, but Zakarix Realm had become a monster his own right.

12529426863_a9aa021a08_o.jpg

Now, Realm fights a constant battle for mental clarity; as the monsters of his mind demand more blood, he fights to keep that temptation restrained. Loki’s invisibility gives him such clarity, as it puts him in his own world of existence, away from gunfire and voices. Realm travels alone now, avoiding rejection that may come from his fellow Tenno. Zakarix hopes that one day he will find a cure for his infection. He also hopes that one day he will be able to destroy the one who had forced this terrible fate unto him. But for now, he only feels the fear of his lost health, the pain he brings to his foes, and the utter hatred that is his life.

“I only search for one thing: peace. I offer none to those who hinder that search.”

12529424743_0cebfc1fb0_o.jpg

Edited by R34LM

Beacon

6WqCf.jpg

“Tenno, I have a peculiar mission for you,” said Lotus coolly, “An Orokin ship has drifted out of Void-space to the edges of our system.” Saryn stood, no longer kneeling- no longer pensive. No Orokin ship had ever made intentional contact. They were vessels to be found after ceaseless scrounging. They were enigmas that had taken every precaution to be as difficult to find as possible. “A beacon within the ship is issuing forth pings. As far as I can see they are not distress pings. However, I cannot pinpoint the beacon's precise location; the vessel holding this beacon seems to be filled to the brim with Orokin-corrupted.”

“The beacon is almost certainly from a Tenno Warframe. I don't know how a Tenno could remain in an Orokin ship for so long. I can tell you this though: it is not a mission I recommend doing alone. The ship is brimming with far more Corrupted than I have ever detected aboard any previous ship.” Saryn had made her way to the deployment zone, her head swimming with the information Lotus had fed her. She hardly noticed the three fellow Tenno snapping into their transportation apparatus as she did the same. Could this beacon be a trap? Had the Lotus really left a Tenno to fend for itself within an Orokin vessel unsupported?

6WqJX.jpg

When Saryn found herself at last inserted within the ship, she glanced blearily over at her fellow Tenno. Faces hidden behind their own frames, their gaits nonetheless spoke volumes. Every last one of them were afflicted by the same distressed thoughts. This was not a matter of danger- this was a matter of the unknown. Danger was a surmountable obstacle. Fear was a condition that experience and concentration could quell, even vanquish. The unknown was unassailable. Into it's turbulent winds they would throw themselves and hope that they would survive it's tempest. “The Corrupted know you're here Tenno. Expect heavy resistance.”

6WqOC.jpg

To say it was heavy resistance was an understatement. An entirely new level of ferocity seemed to have consumed the Corrupted. Even those that did not need to brought themselves all too easily into melee with the Tenno. Yet the unknown that clouded this ship did not abate as they delved deeper into the vessel. With each mass of Corrupted that they came upon the Teeno seemed to know paradoxically more and less. Their forms were agitated, almost searching in nature, but all of the tension that seized them seem to melt away at the sight of the Tenno. Even amid their ferocity, there rippled a collective sigh of relief in their forms.

6WqTo.jpg

The beacon lay directly ahead. Lotus was silent. The pristine doors slid apart. The curtain was pulled back.

6WqXM.jpg

“You know Tenno. There is a saying; it is not very popular, but the compilers of the Codices seemed to find it worth archiving anyway: 'These are our peculiarities: to have this fear, yet this ambivalence towards these beings. To these Gods like us.'”

Endless Search

46u6E8W.jpg

While observing the destroyed containers, the lone Tenno reflects: 

"Are the rumors true? Could it be that "they" have found him? Day after day, I still seek evidence of this capsule which rests our ancestor. I have not found it yet, but that day is getting closer and I will not rest until that happens."

The Past Which Forges You

In deep meditation he sat, for hours a day. Complete silence. In deep reflection. In an attempt to salvage his past. His memories. That which was taken from him upon awakening in this day and age. Who was he? What was he? Was he simply a machine, who followed orders blindly for the sake of balance, and killed for said balance? Meditation proved fruitless, and so he turned elsewhere. The Corpus referred to his kind as The Betrayers, so they had known more about them than they know themselves. Rhino embarked on a journey of self-discovery, fueled only by his desire to regain that which was lost.

2014-02-14_00004.jpg

2014-02-14_00005.jpg

Taking the first flight to the Gas City upon Jupiter, he arrives at Jupiter in a moments time. It is here he hopes to discover something. They weren’t all too fond of his uninvited presence, and so blood had to be shed. Crewman after crewman lay upon the floor in an ever cooling pool of their own blood accompanied only by the machines they love oh so much. A message appeared in his HUD from an unknown source. It spoke of vengeance, of deliverance. It told him it would avenge the death of a Grineer enemy commander he had slain. But that was not all.  One part of the message stuck out to him the most. “You search for your past, do you not? Should I fail in my mission to assassinate you… I shall give you information. A location.”

In an explosion of black smoke, he emerged. A man clad in a Warframe resembling Excalibur’s.  Silently they stared upon one another, their hands reaching for the hilts of their weapons. In a blink of an eye they rushed towards one another and fought for several minutes until Rhino managed to defeat him. As he had mentioned, upon his defeat, he had left him coordinates.  The Lotus appeared on his HUD, her face a little less than pleasant to look at. “Tenno, do not heed the words of that assassin. The past is the past. Perhaps you have lost your memory for a reason. Leave it be, for it may simply be a trap.” She mutters in an attempt to dissuade him.

This was the first time she had ever tried to dissuade him from doing anything, as if she did not want him to learn the past.  Ignoring her suggestion he set off to where the coordinates led him.

2014-02-14_00016.jpg

They led to an Orokin Derelict. Entering the desolate ship, he was greeted by horrible fleshy overgrowth that covered the walls and floor. Tendrils of an unknown fleshy plant like material. A soft feminine giggle echoed in the decrepit halls. The place should be empty. Many red dots emerged on his threat sensor, as a swarm of Infested Chargers rushed into the room.

2014-02-14_00009.jpg

Reaching for his Galatine, he cuts through them like nothing and left naught behind but their broken disfigured remains.  At the doorway ahead of a long corridor was a single Ancient Infested. It stared at him, he stared at it.

It didn’t seem hostile. Raising a mutated arm; it bade him to follow it. Warily, he followed after the creature. The feminine giggle echoed in the distance again, this time louder. The creature led him to a vault. Slowly the door slid open, and with its descent was a heavy white fog that had escaped the vault. Inside was a cryopod upon a small golden altar, above it was a massive golden statue of an Excalibur; his hands appearing as if to embrace the pod.

2014-02-14_00012.jpg

This vault was familiar, he had been here before. But how long ago? A closer look at the cryopod revealed it was a Rhino Prime.  A powerful surge of pain wracked his body and forced him to his knees, his shields immediately draining in the process.  A torrent of memories began to pervade his mind. That was him within the pod. Or rather, was once him. That Rhino Prime was the first, and all others who existed were clones of the original.  He was nothing more than a clone, his existence felt pointless. He was not special, nor unique. But instead, a clone with the same abilities as the others.

Another surge of pain struck him, and he felt his body go limp. That same feminine giggle returned, it was from the Ancient Infested who had brought him here. It had struck him, and it had ended his life.  His vision went black, and the abyss swallowed him. Later, after an unknown period of time… His sight returns, and he found himself within a cryopod. This cryopod was moved to a different location within the ship. It now sat upon a large chamber, atop a golden altar following a grand staircase.  There in front of the pod were hundreds of ancient infested that stood in several rows. In unison, each one raised their freakish mutated arms and saluted him. His HUD began to malfunction, static clouding his vision. Before him now were many of his own kind standing where the infested were. 

Rhino had learned a terrible truth. The clones who did not enter stasis eventually degenerated into these creatures. Their power eventually corrupting their very existence and transforming them into unrecognizable abominations. Once more static disrupted his HUD, and the infested had returned. There at the foot of pod was his body. His old body. Along with his equipment. To regain that which he had lost, and sought after so long… He had paid the ultimate price. His old false life. The memories he regained had shown him something else, something darker… The Lotus was not what she seemed to be…

I didn't count words. But there is a slightly longer version I wrote. With a little more fight added for the STALKER. Some extra bits added after the end explaining my perception of the lore, and where it may be going. Disclaimer: This is not the extent of my writing ability, even with the "long version". 500 words is very limiting and I have to reduce quality in the process. You can look at the rest here: http://ryu-reokudo.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-small-warframe-fanfic.html

Edited by Reokudo

Well, here is my entry for the books. Hope you guys enjoy. It has a total of 468 words.

\\\The burden of heavy emotions\\\

Warframe0002_zpsaec2880c.png

She had awoken the next day after her meditation.

The young Tenno had already gone through her initiation to the next rank. She breathed easy relief. Her scars, the old wounds told her story. Her armor bore the marks of Immortality, a sign of reputation amongst her clan and cell members. Very little members have earned such honor or reputation.

However, she had been bestowed such honor months after her “infancy.” She still felt somewhat… inept in her concept of wielding her powers. Her emotions kept pressuring and infuriating her, the negativity making her distribute anger elsewhere. Her mind was still clouded despite her relief. Chaos, depression of the past still haunted her. She remembered the loss of one of her cellmates.

The thought of thinking – “I could have- I should have done something to stop it…” ate her up. This mere thought enthralled her. The fragment couldn’t’ escape her.

\\\*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*||| *Lotus *\\\

“Nyxeris, we have information on a Corpus ship refueling at Venus, in the Cytherean cluster. This ship fixates on the production of Mobile Ordinance Assault drones. We need you destroy the reactor, to prevent the Corpus from mass production of these models.” The Lotus spoke calmly with certainty.

The Nyxeris nodded.

It was a solo operation. The thought of missing compatriots furthered her levels of tension, her energy slowly building up and coursing through her body. The ship dropped her off at the facility. She was on edge more-so than usual. Her vision was cloudy of things that only disturb her aim. Her thoughts kept pressing throughout the mission. It kept pressing on until she could not contain it any longer.

Warframe0011_zps25647b53.png

The world began to slow down. Everything became clear and apparent. The Corpus assailants grasped their heads in pain. Looking into the fray, the Corpus inhabitants viciously murdered each other like starved children competing for a scrap of meat. She felt relived - her burdens dissipating as she continued her objective.

“That would only last for so long…” She thought to herself.

The Nyxeris destroyed the reactor. It was only time before the Corpus could find the source of the problem.

She ran. Corridors of Corpus technicians, crewmen and, MOA units, saturated the area. The army of units chased her down, in a feeble attempt to root out the problem. It was inevitable that they were going to die. The cause of their demise to be unknown.

The exfiltration ship zoomed away from the Corpus manifestation. She looked over at the Corpus cruiser. The lack of lights gave the impression that, there was no activity onboard. She gave a sigh of relief.

The Nyxeris kneeled down once more. She had learned her true potential on how to use her emotions in battle, to conquer all who stood before her. To kill.

Good luck to everyone here. Great to see people participate in things like these. :)

Edited by Zeus154

The Delta Story

Eliminating Colonel Jet.

The Deltas have been hunting for Colonel Jet ever since the attacks on tenno dojos.The Deltas finally learn that Jet has been hiding in Jupiter. They send Delta 23 to find and eliminate Colonel Jet. When Delta 23 arrives he learns that the place which Jet is hiding is a manufacturing facility.

2ajvqeo.jpg

Delta 23 sneaks through the facility and finds Jet. Delta 23 takes out his Lex and shoots but misses. All heads turn and open fire.

iemh43.jpg

Delta 23 runs to a console behind him and locks the door. Just as Delta 23 thought he was safe another door behind him opens and a big crewman with a prova walks outs, but this was no ordinary crewman, this was Jet's bodyguard he hired so if things went wrong he could eliminate the threat for him. Delta 23 responded by taking out his sword and fighting back.

so32iv.jpg

The bodyguard takes a swing, Delta 23 quickly doges and stabs him in the back, quick and easy. Delta 23 accesses the console again and looks for Jet to see where he is going and he is heading to a hanger very close by. Delta 23 runs to the hanger and sees Jet going to his ship. Jet gets to a console and tries to close the doors but Delta 23 rolls in quickly takes out his Lex, fires, and hits Jet in his right shoulder. Jet falls to the ground in pain, Delta 23 walks to Jet.

2qussuc.jpg

Delta 23 aims his Lex at Jet's head and says" This is your end." Delta 23 fires. Delta 23 opens the doors and goes to his extraction point and says to himself " Mission accomplished."

wkg5xx.jpg

THE END

[285 words]

WHAT IT TAKES TO BE FREE

jk2j55YxZMn9z.png

He woke up in a lonely desert-like world with not a single sign of life, without knowledge of what he was doing there. He suddenly realized that he had no memories, he took the weapons that lay by his side as if he knew that he may need them later.

After scrutinizing the entire place with distrust, a voice began to speak through the suit he was wearing.

“I’m The Lotus, I’m here to help you out.” said the voice. “You’ve been sleeping for a while, Tenno. Your suit must have kept you alive. We have been searching for you”.

“Who am I, what am I doing here?!” He asked. “You’re Loki. We thought you died a hundred years ago, in a battle against Vor and Krill, a battle that we lost; but now you’re awake and alive, we must hurry, you have to get out of there before is too late”

“Too late for what?” he asked nervously. “There’s no time for questions, prepare your weapons, I’ll send a ship for your rescue.”

jVUfJI8yULrZp.jpg

When Loki noticed, there was someone aiming at him with a gun, and before he could do something the enemy started shooting, alerting the rest of the troop.

The adrenaline in his body started to flow through his veins, he started moving as if he had done that several times before. Loki started running and shooting back with his twin vipers which had a lethal-slashing force that helped him to eradicate all the grineers while trying to go out of the base he had accidently fell into.

After an exhausting battle against a whole base of grineers, Loki discovered that the suit has unique capabilities that boosted his opportunities to stay alive. However, he barely makes it through it, his suit was heavily damage as well as the built-in communication system and the worst part was that he was bleeding.

jz7c2IIqbdW1A.jpg

While waiting for the ship Lotus promised, he felt how a bullet went through his head, a bullet that was shot from captain Vor’s seer weapon. Turning his lights off instantly… or at least that was what Vor and his ally Krill were hoping.

jql5zVObwtnIl.jpg

Suddenly, a glaring-flash emanated from Loki’s body, blinding Vor and Krill temporality.  When they opened their eyes, what they saw left them speechless, Loki was standing there with his health fully restored, his skin and helmet seemed to have changed into a more beautiful and devastating suit. The shot on the head triggered his memory back, and with it, all his potential, "Loki’s Immortal Status" was awakened.

“ So... now you’re the one who is going to die!” Loki announced, and with it he became invisible to their eyes. Loki managed to cut both of their heads off with his galatine. They couldn’t do anything to defend themselves.

jbb3lGnLvR8wrR.jpg

Loki decided not to search the ship Lotus had promised. Instead, he was standing there in a meditative way contemplating the view… a feeling of joy  invaded his heart, Loki realized that he was finally free.

Author: Lokime

Words:500(exactly)

P.S: i'm not a native english speaker, so sorry for the mistakes...

Edited by Lokime

Imgur album version if you prefer: http://imgur.com/a/Xovnt

fAXONwp.jpg

I am a traitor. Tainted. Infested. I remain silent as their accusations ring in my ears. "The blood of your brothers and sisters is on your hands," they say, "and The Lotus has observed all."

lwL2QRz.jpg

The Lotus may see, but does she understand? This new Infestation... this new evil... comes for us. It comes for the Tenno. My brothers. My sisters... they turned. We were not prepared. I was not prepared. My actions were not those of betrayal, but of mercy. Better for my brethren to die quickly by my blade than turn and become one of Them.

"Why?" They ask, "Why were you spared? Were you faster? Stronger? Simply luckier?" I do not know. I cannot answer.

pxwtepN.jpg

Judgement has been passed. The council hears but does not listen. How can they decide my fate but ignore my warning? I shout. I rave. I plead for them to see the threat that is upon us. My outburst is silenced by a raised hand. The council is silent. All are silent. My friend, my Executioner has arrived.

NMtvrxv.jpg

No. I am not a traitor. I am not Infested. I will prove to them the danger we now face. I will make them see. There will be a time for justice. There will be a time for vengeance. But for now, I vanish.

As I make my escape my thoughts return to my fallen brothers and sisters. Their screams still echo in my mind. I shall carry them with me always.

Edited by HopsAndBarley

Disparate

Tenets are important. They are life. Listen and know that my will is your will.

You are the shadow;

Be swift, silent and deadly.

Let nothing survive.

2uyrltk.jpg

All the dust that surrounds us are but reminders of what was lost. What was gathered and in the dark, broken by misbegotten wars. And here we are – irreparably eking our way. Baring our fangs for sustenance and claims of honor. Trust in the tenets... They are our blood. They are our everything.

You are the shadow;

Be swift, merciless – precise.

Keep the client safe.

53vhua.jpg

Drowning... Why I continue to record these beggaring thoughts that will never be seen or given proper voice is beyond me. Yet it feels implicit, almost obligatory. A brief aperture for my mind. I feel a growing din that revels in times of my meditation. I feel apart from the whole. We-I am beginning to glean that this dread is consuming me bit by bit. And I fear my fellow Tenno have taken notice... I shall go back to my contemplation... Trust is all that is important.

You are the shadow;

A sword to wield, no other.

Trust in the shadow.

I have been handed an assignment into the forgotten spaces. The recovery of a data cache I've been told. Beyond that there is no forthcoming information. She was troubled by my questions. Listen. Obey... I am to travel with only one other. A true exemplar of the Tenno. Perhaps it is, as I fear. I have lived so long – yet knowing that death is approaching in the form of kin troubles me deeply. The questions persist. Have there been others? Do we remain silent because it is all we know? Is this some eventuality that overcomes each of us or one that we must overcome? A test!? Am I alone in my thoughts?... If I do not return and these words are found, tell no other and destroy these ramblings. Lest it corrupt what once was.

2ytp6ox.jpg

When I look upon the shining radiance of the Orokin I sense a great warmth. For once in an absurdly long time, I could think of nothing else... It was as I predicted. And that Tenno. They were as unique as I had heard. They instead chose to leave me here. Unharmed. These were apparently not the orders that this Tenno was expressly given. He saw in me a shadow filled with doubt, as I did in him. I will endeavor to find the answers I seek from the sparks of my new home and tomb. I will trust in myself and follow my own accords so that I may pass on with ease.

wwnnz7.jpg

-----Lily-----

The Loki receives intel of a rare artifact from a Corpus facility. When he goes to investigate, he's abruptly ambushed by the Corpus who seem to have found a way to circumvent his stealth technology. The Corpus, not expecting his arrival, are under-prepared for the battle that unfolds.

cREEh3F.jpg

Clearing the facility of personal, the Loki disables the remaining sentries and sets to recovering the artifact. He discovers it is a key to the Void and that the Corpus had mounted a portal device inside the facility. However, the facility's power core was failing as the portal was currently open. The field being created by the portal was what negated his ability to stealth as well as communicate with the Lotus. It was paramount that he investigate this steadily degrading portal, or lose access to a potential cache of Orokin technology as the key was embedded in the portal device.

dq1TWoe.jpg

Crossing over, he encounters a few unsuspecting Corpus scientists who are quickly eliminated. The Loki investigates the tower, perplexed by the unique designs etched on each wall. This was unlike any other tower he'd seen before. A strange and familiar chill passed through him as he ventured deeper, as though he were being watched. Finding more Corpus dead, he briefly feared that the Stalker had found a way to follow him here. Gun in hand, he tunes his senses to the environment, listening to every hum and creak of the ancient tower. As he turns a corner, he catches a glimpse of a shimmering form disappearing down a hallway.

koX5Mhz.jpg

Undetectable, even by his improved scanners, he attempts to follow and maintain line of sight. With each hallway he draws closer to the form, but each time missing a complete view of the figure.

zCeQtI5.jpg

Coming upon a dead end corridor, he keeps his gun tight against his shoulder, waiting for the slightest shimmer to reveal an aggressive presence. Nearly a minute passes before he adjusts his stance, revealing a shimmer! Adjusting his stance several more times, eying the shimmers, he realizes the figure is kneeling at the end of the hallway, facing him.

YVWf2Vv.jpg

The form is lithe and feminine, though difficult to discern even with her immobile. Unable to see if her gaze is upon him, he considers that she may be at rest. She suddenly speaks, but in a calm and motherly tone, “So the new generation arrives... I am thankful.” The Loki retreats behind the corridor corner, but does his best to maintain sight on the shimmer he can see. She continues, “You need not be afraid, Loki. I am Lily, friend to Lotus and all Tenno. You have already shown your prowess in disposing of those who desecrate my tower. This place holds many secrets that Lotus must now know. I must go now, and test your brothers and sisters. I only wish there was more I could do to prepare you for the trials ahead.” The shimmer vanishes.

To be continued...

The Birth of Terror

A Tenno was born from the Orokin by the name of Caledfwlch. The Lotus, master and leader to the Tenno, was unaware of this new birth. Caledfwlch was born with free will; born to make his own decisions, and not to be tied down by the abiding requests of the Lotus. Running away in fear with no guide or master, he took a ship and flew off into the stars. He came across a giant vessel, and boarded it in hope of finding help as to who he was.

HO4QIP4.jpg

In this vessel, he was attacked. He fled and disappeared in the air ducts. Upon being born into a violent world of destruction and war, he became distraught. Violence filled his very being and he used that violence to destroy everything around him. He became blood thirsty. His ways became that of death rather than life.

N5DmftD.jpg

In the vessel, he killed everyone on board. Nobody was spared, for he was affected by the violent acts around him. He took to the controls and flew to a nearby planet to continue his raging conquest. At this new planet, he met somebody much like himself. She was tasked to protect technology much like that from which Caledfwlch originated from. Meeting her created a new feeling inside of him... a feeling that was commendable. Caledfwlch became too fond of this stranger; too attached. When her task was completed, she disappeared, and Caledfwlch became more enraged and more empowered than ever and never saw her again. He began his never ending rage of destruction on the solar system.

P9M7KOg.jpg

Caledfwlch started to kill everything in the solar system. Anything that moved was destroyed by the hands of Caledfwlch. He killed merchants, cloned races, and even a plague. His terror never ended, and every single thing alive was killed. He favored seeing the death of Tenno more than anything.

Caledfwlch discovered an isolated place on the forests of earth to practice his ways of destruction. He crafted his own bow and other weapons to make his killing easier. He portrayed himself as the shadow of death, and killed without being seen. He favored killing Tenno so much, it became his way of life. He hunted Tenno, after Tenno, after Tenno. The Tenno eventually nick named him the "Stalker." He never struck until the time was right. When the time was right, death was inevitable. The Stalker became the most feared Tenno in the solar system.

RTOz0Rg.jpg

Caledfwlch means "Excalibur"

Edited by Kunsumption