The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Are The True Villains In Warframe

adoomgod

I feel like killing Infested and Grineer can be thought of as putting them to rest, but for the Crewmen they're just soldiers trying to make their way - just like us Tenno.  Only... they are so much weaker than us.  They pose no threat to us and are slowly being exterminated.  All we do is kill them and take their materials to make more guns for killing.

I honestly consider that so far the actions of the Lotus and even ourselves has been evil.  Even when the Corpus are approaching extinction at the hands of the Grineer we side with whoever rewards us the most.  The corpus are people, desperate for progress.  They don't seek to enslave the whole universe like the cloned Grineer, they are not a scourge of infested who live in constant pain reduced to savage animals, they are just people who have made ruthless decisions - but nothing on a scale with how us Tenno have murdered their kind over and over again with little purpose.  When given the option we take their lives, we kill even when there is no need and sometimes only to make a point.

It's not too late for us to change though, I think that we should aid the corpus.  Give them the knowledge they need to advance and protect them.  If they're willing to fight the Tenno they must be incredibly desperate, but they are only human.  If need be we should sever our ties with the Lotus unless she too decides to change.  It is our duty as superior beings of monstrous power to protect those weaker than us and contain our own selfish, senseless, desire to destroy.

I've always seen myself as a mercenary for the Lotus, regardless of the term Tenno..I'm just another Dog of War like most people..

It's true..We're all for sale at some price or another..

I still find it amazing to play the faceless enigma character that doesn't really give a crap about the black and white..just shades of grey which is what I believe to be the Tenno so I don't really mind. They'd do the same thing to me if they were in my shoes.

Maybe if one day I can choose which side should I go or what destiny should my character pursue which will depend on what I believe in..then that would be cool to see. 

Anyway, that was a great read..it would be interesting to hear whatever story Warframe really has because there's a lot of creative people that are writing their own version of their stories..funny thing is..I'm writing my own story too by playing this game. Looking forward to the actual story/lore whatever~

Edited by Seisen912

I'd like to point something out: Levels.

You get levels here like you get them anywhere else.

The only things you meet here that are level 1 are grineer--things born with implanted memories of slaughtering others to drive them forward.

Everyone else is level 2 or more.

Think about that.

What level was Steve? 2? 3? 50? How did he get off of level 1?

We all know the universe starts you off at level 0. The only level 0 things you ever meet in our travels are fellow Tenno who have yet to travel down our bloody path.

The rest are more.

So Steve, Bob, Tim, Alad V, all of them... not a single one is level 0. Not a single one of them is an "innocent".

They are killers. They are murderers and thieves and brigands, slaughtering the unwashed masses of the universe. They did not get off of level 0 by being friendly to others. They shed blood, in the name of profit, in the name of domination, in the name of insanity, but they spread it.

Do not weep for the wicked. They would not weep for you.

I'm not going to jump into the discussion of "Evil" and where the Tenno lie in it, but I wanted to say I think it was a great idea to have Corpus helmets be removed by headshots in battle. It's good to have that human connection to them. Makes battles a little more interesting when you see their faces.

I was told, by the mysterious Lotus, (who any of us have yet to actually meet in person) that Steve is a bad man. Steve is a member of the corpus, a group of greedy scumbag humans who covet our superior technology for nefarious reasons. They are apparently willing to dissect and use our technology in pursuits of even more power, or so we're told. 

The Lotus: An evil mastermind who discovered us, the Tenno, while we were in stasis and developed a plan to brainwash us. To convince us we are some sort of saintly "balance-keepers" in order to keep the galaxy in a state of perpetual war so she can profit. The white lotus symbolizes purity and spiritual perfection, but the fact that she calls herself this implies that she has a huge ego and considers herself to be an authority over all other beings. She think's she is an infallible judge and jury, we are her exucutioners. 

Shhhhhhhh!

We are "Lotus mute peasents" aren't we?

I still think the Tenno are just being use by The Lotus group. And I'm pretty sure they had a hand in making the Tenno rebel and slaughter the Orokin.

Btw, for those of you that seem to think everyone is just talking about Lotus, or the female portrayal in our mission briefings. everyone is talking about The Lotus that is a group of individuals.

[EDIT]

Great read btw.

Edited by Ahcruna