The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction System

Liquidushime

Trading is pretty much dead anyway. And I think what killed it was plat trading, but that's another story....

Trading dead? What chat are you in?

Plat trading is the reason it's kicking. Only way to get plat for free, and lazy people who want some harder to get mods. It's pretty perfect. Only thing in question here is how the trading should be done.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Basically, there's a bunch of people selling, and almost no one buying. That's what I mean by dead.

It's dead because everyone wants Plat, and very few want to supply it.

I can certainly agree that that's a major issue, but would the introduction of an auction house fix that?

I didn't say it would. However, it would streamline the process such that people don't have to be awake at the same time or even know each other converse to buy and sell.

Also, the very nature of a chatroom isn't conducive to buying and selling; most people who are selling (and they all are :P) feel as if they need to repost their entire sell post every few seconds in case a potential buyer just joined the chat.

Edited by L33tV154g3

Basically, there's a bunch of people selling, and almost no one buying. That's what I mean by dead.

It's dead because everyone wants Plat, and very few want to supply it.

That doesn't mean it's dead. That's a part of markets. If you look at the auction houses for MMOS there are markets for certain things were sell orders are higher than buy orders or visa versa. That doesn't at all mean that it is a market not worth buying into. It just depends on the nature of it. I see a decent amount of people buying. And I assure you. most of the people buying don't have to do around posting their buy orders (they would in an auction house, but not in a chat) they just look at the tons of people selling for the most part. There are more buyers than you can keep tabs of because they are just quiet.

It's not the best, I give you that. On the low side. But it's still far from dead.

It's gets a little more complicated than all this, but I'm not the best at economy stuff.

Edited by SolidSp33d

exactly all an auction house will do is draw the gold/credit farming people to the game and have them drive prices of AH up so high because there will always be the gullible players out there living with mommie and daddie so no expenses that throw thier money into a game.

Farmers drive prices down.

More supply = lower prices.

I think that the way Steam does a real money auction house is pretty good. It shows you statistics about the amount of items sold, and for how much, over various amounts of time (Lifetime, month, week) to be used comparatively to what is on the market at the time. This is useful for people to see both how much people are willing to pay, and what is a good deal for you, personally. The Steam economy is alive and well, and the market has supplemented that. However, in Warframe's case, it might not have the economic structure to hold up an auction house like the one Steam uses.

If only there was someplace on the forums that we could make posts about what we're willing to sell, trade, buy or barter for, where we could receive messages from potentials and then arrange the date and time of the transaction...

Oh, wait!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/180-trading-post/

Your criticism of this topic is noted, and agreed to to some extent. However, we had/have the wiki and DE brought in the Codex....

Liquidushime good idea,it is time for Warframe not only to offer us the prerequisites of fast paced mechanics with respect to game lore but to surpass similar games mechanics with a breakthrough,a forearm pad on the warframe which can create a mini holographic screen where the Tenno can use the auction anytime without aranging an apointment with the seller/buyer player or "carying" the player to his Dojo when he has other things to do more urgent.

I believe the time has come to discuss about the creation of free exploration levels/missions and especially about Tenno Cities/Merchant Area missions on Tenno home Planet or other planets

Edited by VoidGhost

Liquidushime good idea,it is time for Warframe not only to offer us the prerequisites of fast paced mechanics with respect to game lore but to surpass similar games mechanics with a breakthrough,a forearm pad on the warframe which can create a mini holographic screen where the Tenno can use the auction anytime without aranging an apointment with the seller/buyer player or "carying" the player to his Dojo when he has other things to do more urgent.

I believe the time has come to discuss about the creation of free exploration levels/missions and especially about Tenno Cities/Merchant Area missions on Tenno home Planet or other planets

Thank you, I think it could help out, I put something for sell; go to work, come back to a little plat in my pocket. DE gets a flow of players buying platinum to fuel the market, farmers will drive prices down, and gold sellers can't succeed because platinum doesn't convert into real money. I would like to see a Tenno city, or bigger levels, but I have to say, that would take a long time, converting each tileset into a free exploration level would take eons, and DE is already slaving over their computers to bring us hot guns.

Maybe in the future though, I would like that.