Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

This thread is the worst, basically it would be about absolutely nothing if they were to launch a melee only game mode along with U13, which i hope they do some melee only event at the least if not a permanent game mode. Also so many made up interpretations of the combo system and what not....lol just let it be... I guess this reply is about nothing too...nice. 

ppl have been asking for a stealth based gamemode for longer so i cant see that happening any time soon.

melee 2.0. it's gonna be big

although it's not going to change the gunplay of the game, the fact that melee will now be usable is huge and it's going to change the dynamic of combat. it's the end of an era. warframe 2.0 is at hand. you know, Soon

melee 2.0. it's gonna be big

although it's not going to change the gunplay of the game, the fact that melee will now be usable is huge and it's going to change the dynamic of combat. it's the end of an era. warframe 2.0 is at hand. you know, Soon

9775857f_Wayne_s20World20-20We_re20not20

Anyone remember a game called Tribes? I remember they had this bug called "skiing." Oh, it's never been fixed? Because it was a fun bug that added to the game?

Noooo, all bugs are bad. Tribes should have never had skiing.

And Quake should never have had bunnyhopping and rocketjumping! How dare people find new and inventive ways to have fun in videogames! </sarcasm>

Generic TPS just because coptering is removed?

Really?

Really?

From what I see here, there's only a great divide between those who are willing to adapt, and those who are afraid of change. Farming for efficiency? I guess you can say you're no longer playing but working if you have to be efficient.

This is because it is literally impossible to balance anything when looking at only the high-end capability.

If all you care about is 1% of the current game, then of course none of the updates which focus on something other that 1% will "do anything." You are essentially complaining that this will have no impact because the game you play only has one gun, one map, and one game mode.

If you're only playing content where most guns instantly kill enemies, and a single warframe ability can wipe out the entire map, running up to enemies to melee them is kind of a waste of time outside of role playing scenarios.

If you're doing content where enemies don't die in one shot from most guns, then you're like an hour into endless defense and die if an enemy looks at you cross, let alone charging into a giant pile of flamethrowers.

Unless melee weapons come with an innate 95% damage reduction while wielded, I'm not sure how this could change.

Edited by SanityRobot

a portend of whats to come 

A SMALL KOAN OF UNRAVELED THOUGHT

The severing sound broken in pitch ; behind  a many field of pawns. Each  promoted to knights, by the sword, A shield to beat all blades. The bishop's ever  weeping tears halt the hail of bullets . Only a well time spade to puncture past their less than holy robes

the halting of the sufi  spinning never to fly again , and turn knave for a glaive , and a spade to beat all  .

The Kemal  ever closer ever farther . Bliss superseding and failing the moment the tear cry heavy as the mevlevi wears his chains , feet never to fly .  

The questing gain of of the double edge , an oar dipped twice  the Junk  moving forward agenest  the current against the moon less sky .We await  the turn , and the dropping of the dress . 

Asking what time are updates is a very hard thing to answer. As it depends on your time zone. 

GMT here and its currently 11:27AM. 

On GMT updates happen any-time from 9pm-2am.

Realistically the patch is at least 10 hours away from happening. 

Generic TPS just because coptering is removed?

Really?

Really?

From what I see here, there's only a great divide between those who are willing to adapt, and those who are afraid of change. Farming for efficiency? I guess you can say you're no longer playing but working if you have to be efficient.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

@SarahApple that would be true if you closed with the enemy, but I say again, why would I do that when It's more practical to just kill them with my Soma or Boltor Prime from distance?

Who cares about practicality? I want to have fun.

Melee 2.0 comes out.

Thousands of Nova MPrime spamming trolls fill all the public games, furiously pressing "4" before their Teammates can get into Melee range.

A lot of complaints about Frame Ultis are made on the forums.

After 2.5 months some actions are about to be made.

The DE end up nerfing the hell out of all frame ultis, much to my joy.

MPrime spammers create petitions, whine on the forums, a lot of Door Heroes claim that they will quit Warframe unless DE "fix" the Ultis.

The forums are filled with threads like "Warframe is dead", which are made by individuals which use Nova avatars. Nova players, for once, are hurt, and the balance is finally established.

That's another way of how Melee 2.0 can change Waframe.

Anyone remember a game called Tribes? I remember they had this bug called "skiing." Oh, it's never been fixed? Because it was a fun bug that added to the game?

Noooo, all bugs are bad. Tribes should have never had skiing.

And rocket jumping. Terrible exploit. I'm glad that ID took it out of Quake 2.