Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Battlepay And Affinity Nerf

Chaosdreamer

Merged the two topics that were discussing what was basically the same thing.

That being said, this is probably a thing and not just RNG doing a several day dip. While I don't personally run invasions for credits (T3 is more lucrative), they have been a bit low.

And affinity gains has felt a bit sluggish.

Yes, yes, now go and play around with your forewarning like it's that show "Early Edition". Anyways, happy grindingforresourcestopreparefortheimpendingdropratenerfpocalypse.

I honestly have no use for resources anymore. After getting Nekros, the grind for resources came to a startling halt. After Mastery 8, there's no reason to rank. That's access to everything. I own the majority of weapons. The ones I am missing are a few Prime weapons and four clan weapons. I run a Dojo by myself and it expands every day, the only stopping point being the wall of building time with halls and the inevitable Forma drought that comes with excessive building. I've been aiding a friend of mine get into the game, and invasions are a large help to him gather credits. While the "stealth nerfs" do not conflict with me personally, it potentially threatens my friend's way of playing. He's not ready to join my Void and Derelict runs just yet, so invasions and infestations are the good alternative.

I had made the attempt to being nice towards the people that post these "stealth nerf" threads. Don't be a downer.

People find it so easy to antagonize DE around here *sigh*

There's a fine line between criticizing and antagonizing. Criticizing is encouraged (especially when constructive) because it offers opinions (both good and bad) in a civil manner, while antagonizing (dev bashing) is not.

This thread is the former. 

Perhaps, now this is just a though but bare with me for a second, they sometimes deserve it?

Like say, if they were to, hypothetically of course, lower affinity gain and invasion rewards without telling anyone?

Guest CrimsonCrown

Perhaps, now this is just a though but bare with me for a second, they sometimes deserve it?

Like say, if they were to, hypothetically of course, lower affinity gain and invasion rewards without telling anyone?

>hypothetically

Icwutudidthar

I will agree that outright Dev bashing is not the correct way to handle these things. However: With the fact that DE has promised in the past to "reduce the grind" in this game and they have outright broken that promise, I feel I have every right to call them out and criticize the actions, and many others feel the same. Just read the comments.

Nobody likes stealth nerfs and there is a reason why DE is making them. If they included stealth nerfs in the update logs, can you imagine outrage that will follow?

If this continues we would have Penta that does 5 impact damage per explosion, and we would run missions that give 2 credits and 3 nanos spres overall. But people defending DE will just be like: "You gotta work for your shiny!".

Guest CrimsonCrown

Nobody likes stealth nerfs and there is a reason why DE is making them. If they included stealth nerfs in the update logs, can you imagine outrage that will follow?

If this continues we would have Penta that does 5 impact damage per explosion, and we would run missions that give 2 credits and 3 nanos spres overall. But people defending DE will just be like: "You gotta work for your shiny!".

As overexaggerating as that sounds, I could visualise that happening.

we would run missions that give 2 credits and 3 nanos spres overall. But people defending DE will just be like: "You gotta work for your shiny!".

The year is 2016. You've run invasions thousands of times just to get your typical 3 credit reward, when suddenly, running your 499th time for completion, a Morphic drops. You mark it and every single member of your squad uses Volt speed and zorencopters there immediately. A Morphic drop has not happened in a whole year. Your account is immediately hacked, and you get banned for account sharing.

It seems that DE is hellbent on nerfing any sort of reliable source for credits, while at the same time making everything more expensive.

Happened with the Cronus bp thing, then with the Void rewards, then with Ambulas runs, now with Invasions. Meanwhile Zephyr costs 180k to buy and build, disregarding the research costs.

I honestly have no use for resources anymore. After getting Nekros, the grind for resources came to a startling halt. After Mastery 8, there's no reason to rank. That's access to everything. I own the majority of weapons. The ones I am missing are a few Prime weapons and four clan weapons. I run a Dojo by myself and it expands every day, the only stopping point being the wall of building time with halls and the inevitable Forma drought that comes with excessive building. I've been aiding a friend of mine get into the game, and invasions are a large help to him gather credits. While the "stealth nerfs" do not conflict with me personally, it potentially threatens my friend's way of playing. He's not ready to join my Void and Derelict runs just yet, so invasions and infestations are the good alternative.

I had made the attempt to being nice towards the people that post these "stealth nerf" threads. Don't be a downer.

I hate how you can't use your tone of voice to sound stupid on the internet, I was not in any way trying to sound like a downer on that.

Anyways, I gained an excess of resources way before Nekros came out. Back then (if I remember correctly), one boss fight yields the planet's rare resource almost everytime. Along with J3 Golem(deceased), Neural sensors were not a problem then too. Resources were also readily grindable from infested planets. Also, Void keys and from that, forma, were a lot easier to come by back then when survival was solo-able to 15 minutes almost everytime. Now the spawn rates are so low that I can't solo them due to the lack of LS pickups. Just gives me a bigger incentive to grind more, I don't mind, piling up huge masses of corpses feels just that entertaining.

And again, if I remember correctly from my newbie days, a lot of people were whining about how they have "too much of this, too much of that, endgame is too easy, I have too much credits, I use gear (gear was very different back then) as credit sinks, etc." Then came the appropriate nerfs, then still more about being too rich, then the cycle continues. By that logic, I'm sure we brought these nerfs on ourselves. Now people are whining about having too little, so things might take a turn for the better.

Edited by f-e-a-r-s

Merged the two topics that were discussing what was basically the same thing.

That being said, this is probably a thing and not just RNG doing a several day dip. While I don't personally run invasions for credits (T3 is more lucrative), they have been a bit low.

And affinity gains has felt a bit sluggish.

Invasions I did notice and found weird, since it kinda made a bit of sense - 5 runs, 10k per run. Considering how Grindy Invasions were, it was a good reward for doing all 5 in a row and a great way to earn money as a lowbie (where T3 keys are not a common sight).

Affinity, on the other hand, I don't see how or why everyone's complaining - so far I've been earning affinity at the exact same rate as I used to, with a 15 minute Survival (appollodormus) earning me the same 3.5 levels it used to on unleveled gear. So unless these affinity nerfs are on higher leveled enemies as opposed to a global nerf... it's something I cast my doubt upon at the very least.

And again, if I remember correctly from my newbie days, a lot of people were whining about how they have "too much of this, too much of that, endgame is too easy, I have too much credits, I use gear (gear was very different back then) as credit sinks, etc." By that logic, I'm sure we brought these nerfs on ourselves.

so instead of introducing a credit sink that makes sense for players, they go ahead and nerf every source of credits while making existing things more expensive. This does nothing but hurt new players that couldn't stockpile credits when they were readily available.

Guest CrimsonCrown

The year is 2016. You've run invasions thousands of times just to get your typical 3 credit reward, when suddenly, running your 499th time for completion, a Morphic drops. You mark it and every single member of your squad uses Volt speed and zorencopters there immediately. A Morphic drop has not happened in a whole year. Your account is immediately hacked, and you get banned for account sharing.

Dude, don't make me cry.

I hate how you can't use your tone of voice to sound stupid on the internet, I was not in any way trying to sound like a downer on that.

Anyways, I gained an excess of resources way before Nekros came out. Back then (if I remember correctly), one boss fight yields the planet's rare resource almost everytime. Along with J3 Golem(deceased), Neural sensors were not a problem then too. Resources were also readily grindable from infested planets. Also, Void keys and from that, forma, were a lot easier to come by back then when survival was solo-able to 15 minutes almost everytime. Now the spawn rates are so low that I can't solo them due to the lack of LS pickups. Just gives me a bigger incentive to grind more, I don't mind, piling up huge masses of corpses feels just that entertaining.

And again, if I remember correctly from my newbie days, a lot of people were whining about how they have "too much of this, too much of that, endgame is too easy, I have too much credits, I use gear (gear was very different back then) as credit sinks, etc." By that logic, I'm sure we brought these nerfs on ourselves.

I love to collect. If anything, I want more things to collect, to create, to use, to max, to have. Variations. I don't remember much of my time of the PC, but I do remember J3 and the abundance of resources. Perhaps we actually did call the nerf of things upon ourselves. Though the problem is simply... it doesn't actually affect us as much as it does newer players. Like I mentioned earlier, my friend uses Invasions as a means to get money, which in turns gets the Foundry moving, which means more toys to play with. If those Invasions are indeed being changed, I'm not going to standby and let it hurt his income as severely as it would if I just stood by.

Back to the mentioning of how I collect... why can't Tenno create from scratch? Why can we not alter and change pre-existing weapon designs? Why must we use Grineer, Corpus, and old Tenno weapons? I mean, clan research is technically alteration of pre-existing enemy weapons for our own use and the Bio Lab is creation of Infested based weapons, but that's not quite what I mean.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01