Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Battlepay And Affinity Nerf

Chaosdreamer

Invasions I did notice and found weird, since it kinda made a bit of sense - 5 runs, 10k per run. Considering how Grindy Invasions were, it was a good reward for doing all 5 in a row and a great way to earn money as a lowbie (where T3 keys are not a common sight).

Affinity, on the other hand, I don't see how or why everyone's complaining - so far I've been earning affinity at the exact same rate as I used to, with a 15 minute Survival (appollodormus) earning me the same 3.5 levels it used to on unleveled gear. So unless these affinity nerfs are on higher leveled enemies as opposed to a global nerf... it's something I cast my doubt upon at the very least.

Seems that affinity gain is either slightly nerfed or bugged again.

Tho, i dont have any problems with affinity because i can level stuff pretty fast without boosters. But i dont think people are directly concerned about affinity and credits. It is game becoming more grindy that grinds everyone gears.

Seems that affinity gain is either slightly nerfed or bugged again.

Tho, i dont have any problems with affinity because i can level stuff pretty fast without boosters. But i dont think people are directly concerned about affinity and credits. It is game becoming more grindy that grinds everyone gears.

While the complaints partly are in direct concern with regards to affinity and credits, you pretty much just hit the nail on the head.

They are nerfing drop rates to encourage players to use the Drop chance boost and Resource boost.  They are a business so have to encourage players to pay for things in a free to play game.  It is just standard procedure.  In a couple months if things stay the same, we prob won't even remember or care at that point as we'll be focusing on other things within the game, which is prob their thinking.

Right now those boosters are meaningful, prior to those stealth drop nerfs they really weren't.  I know people gripe about "feeling forced" to buy the boosters, but be realistic, this is not a pay to play game...it is free to play (you can still get them without the boosters, just lower chance).  The ingame market is what keeps this game funded as well as prime access (and new store once it comes out...daddy needs a new wardrobe).    They have to encourage people somehow.

Maybe by buffing the boosters instead of nerfing drop rates?

the resource boosters stack, just a heads up...get a group with all four players with them and swim in those resources baby...SWIM!!!

EDIT: Clarification: the chance boosters stack

Edited by Zaresin

-snip-

Yes, they are a business. Yes, they have to make money to remain in business. However, the biggest issue I have here is that many times DE has made the promise to "reduce the grind." However, not only have they left that promise unfulfilled, but they have outright broken it with these stealth nerfs. It is very poor business practice and outright disrespectul to customers when a promise is made that is broken.

Yes, they are a business. Yes, they have to make money to remain in business. However, the biggest issue I have here is that many times DE has made the promise to "reduce the grind." However, not only have they left that promise unfulfilled, but they have outright broken it with these stealth nerfs. It is very poor business practice and outright disrespectul to customers when a promise is made that is broken.

I understand what you mean and am in the same boat as you so I know where you are coming from, the reality of the situation though is this is a grinding game so there will always be a large grind to it.  They are working on the drop tables as is evidence of the recent change (and will in all likelihood continue to work on them for the life of the game).  To be realistic, the 3 cells for battlepay was rather generous when it can take 20 to 30 min just to get 1 cell and you were getting three.

The boosters in the store really had no purpose as you could do things pretty much just as quickly without a booster as has been evidenced by a lot of posts lately I've been seeing through various threads.  They want you to be willing to spend money if you want to shorten things, but there was really no incentive to do so prior to the nerf.  

One thing I am curious about is why did it take everyone to jump on the bandwagon now?  I noticed a change back in january.  Maybe people just attributed it to RNG.

so instead of introducing a credit sink that makes sense for players, they go ahead and nerf every source of credits while making existing things more expensive. This does nothing but hurt new players that couldn't stockpile credits when they were readily available.

I have never been in much situations where gear was 100% necessary... then again, could be just me. Gear was also dirt cheap back then, so cheap that you an your team could achieve immortality by just spamming a team heal gear item. A single 100 health gear piece costs 500 or 1000 credits, I can't remember, but they were much more cheaper back then, and also only applicable to yourself. Voids used to give roughly 3-4 times more credits too, so you can imagine the extreme excesses people would have back then. Even now, certain resources are easily grindable nearly to infinitude, given you spend a full day or two doing so.

I love to collect. If anything, I want more things to collect, to create, to use, to max, to have. Variations. I don't remember much of my time of the PC, but I do remember J3 and the abundance of resources. Perhaps we actually did call the nerf of things upon ourselves. Though the problem is simply... it doesn't actually affect us as much as it does newer players. Like I mentioned earlier, my friend uses Invasions as a means to get money, which in turns gets the Foundry moving, which means more toys to play with. If those Invasions are indeed being changed, I'm not going to standby and let it hurt his income as severely as it would if I just stood by.

Back to the mentioning of how I collect... why can't Tenno create from scratch? Why can we not alter and change pre-existing weapon designs? Why must we use Grineer, Corpus, and old Tenno weapons? I mean, clan research is technically alteration of pre-existing enemy weapons for our own use and the Bio Lab is creation of Infested based weapons, but that's not quite what I mean.

Same, I have gear aquisition syndrome (GAS) in Warframe too. But judging from the way drop rates and credits were nerfed and how came the invasions that give more than usual resources/credits provided in 5 normal rounds (or 3 rounds for infestation outbreaks), it seems that DE intended those to be a form of income, something like players strapped for credits vs players who need rare resources/clan weapon crafting components.

But that's also got me thinking... 5 rounds for 50k credits, that's like 5 10k credit alerts in a row(which are usually high level alerts), the catch being that you have to do all 5 rounds instead of running a single one. The ratio was even higher with infestation outbreaks, almost 12k credits per round (even higher levelled than the 10k alerts) at its highest, provided you completed 3 runs. Then again, I've been bathing in riches for too long, and I noticed that some of my resources are also starting to dwindle even for my rate of excessive grinding. I'll just see where this goes and survive on what resources I've stockpiled. Sad that your friend has to go through this "economic recession" though. 

Guest CrimsonCrown

I understand what you mean and am in the same boat as you so I know where you are coming from, the reality of the situation though is this is a grinding game so there will always be a large grind to it.  They are working on the drop tables as is evidence of the recent change (and will in all likelihood continue to work on them for the life of the game).  To be realistic, the 3 cells for battlepay was rather generous when it can take 20 to 30 min just to get 1 cell and you were getting three.

The boosters in the store really had no purpose as you could do things pretty much just as quickly without a booster as has been evidenced by a lot of posts lately I've been seeing through various threads.  They want you to be willing to spend money if you want to shorten things, but there was really no incentive to do so prior to the nerf.  

One thing I am curious about is why did it take everyone to jump on the bandwagon now?  I noticed a change back in january.  Maybe people just attributed it to RNG.

What you're saying is, it's grindy already, don't want it to be grindier, pay for it.

And there wasn't a change in January.

What you're saying is, it's grindy already, don't want it to be grindier, pay for it.

And there wasn't a change in January.

I noticed with alad v that his drop rate for neural sensors was changed when majority of the time I was only getting 1 or none at all when I was getting two on every run prior.  That was my first clue that something was different.  Same with ruk and his cells. Then phorid only dropped one cell on repeated runs.  When you get 300 hours in a month you tend to notice subtle changes.

Edited by Zaresin

The re-balance of the Invasions (Battle Pay & Resources) was mentioned in the Update 12.1.2 notes:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179717-hotfix-1212/

"- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart."

On Friday we deployed an attempt to get the Factions being pushed out of the Star Chart back on track (Corpus right now), but this also included an ecosystem of different value that was part of the same integration. 

Unfortunately we didn't communicate this change in necessary detail at the time of deployment and it has caused confusion. We did some digging and have information to clear up:

Frequency of invasions combined with the weighting of goods was becoming a saturation problem. The Orokin Cells and perceived higher value items need to be used more strategically by Factions on the ropes. As with all-things-invasions, there will always be a winning side which brings the need for balance. 

You don't have to buy anything and can continue to play normally, if you want a shortcut then yes you will have to spend plat.

That's fine.  I think people are more worried about everything being "nerfed" to low numbers where they have to either buy their way out of situations and items OR they have to farm their life away until get what they want....

And judging from the past couple of topics and random comments..people are literally cracking and giving up.....it's really sad

Guest CrimsonCrown

The re-balance of the Invasions (Battle Pay & Resources) was mentioned in the Update 12.1.2 notes:

"- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart."

On Friday we deployed an attempt to get the Factions being pushed out of the Star Chart back on track (Corpus right now), but this also included an ecosystem of different value that was part of the same integration. 

Unfortunately we didn't communicate this change in necessary detail at the time of deployment and it has caused confusion. We did some digging and have information to clear up:

Frequency of invasions combined with the weighting of goods was becoming a saturation problem. The Orokin Cells and perceived higher value items need to be used more strategically by Factions on the ropes. As with all-things-invasions, there will always be a winning side which brings the need for balance. 

And what about the XP?

So the faction on the ropes strategies are give less credits. Impecable marketing strategy here.

Edited by CrimsonCrown

That's fine.  I think people are more worried about everything being "nerfed" to low numbers where they have to either buy their way out of situations and items OR they have to farm their life away until get what they want....

And judging from the past couple of topics and random comments..people are literally cracking and giving up.....it's really sad

From reading things, I wouldn't say they are cracking, more along the lines of letting the general hysteria that people are expressing getting to them.  I am unsure of what to say to the first portion of your post that I quoted as I do not know DE's mind on this matter and can only guess about things with the information expressed by [DE]Megan.  

Invasions are going to continue to favor Grineer unless there is a very large difference in rewards due to some large clans being Pro-Grineer. As it is its aggrivatingly one sided, just last night me and a few clan members were hunting around for a Corpus Mobile Defense to do and there was a whopping 2 options. Kappa and Carme on Jupiter, this is really out of control.

Invasions are going to continue to favor Grineer unless there is a very large difference in rewards due to some large clans being Pro-Grineer. As it is its aggrivatingly one sided, just last night me and a few clan members were hunting around for a Corpus Mobile Defense to do and there was a whopping 2 options. Kappa and Carme on Jupiter, this is really out of control.

I agree it is getting rather ridiculous.  

So instead of doing the smart thing which would have the faction on the ropes (Corpus in this case) hand out valued items like Mutagen Samples (needed for researching clan-tech) Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, Formas, Neural Sensors, or even straight up Detron part BPs, you (DE as a whole, not singling you out Megan) decide to nerf the gains all around?

I'm sorry, but that is just stupid. There were many other alternatives (I listed a few right there) but in what seems to be typical DE fashion, the quick, easy, and detrimental route of straight up blanket nerfing is taken instead.

From reading things, I wouldn't say they are cracking, more along the lines of letting the general hysteria that people are expressing getting to them.  I am unsure of what to say to the first portion of your post that I quoted as I do not know DE's mind on this matter and can only guess about things with the information expressed by [DE]Megan.  

Personally, I really don't feel like spilling my brains into the forum.  Resolution will come eventually.  I rather help out players who are having problems farming.  So I'll just let it be....I really have no quarrels with DE....I noticed the credit nerf...but then I realized I have alot of void keys that would net me over 10-20k easy...it's always an alternative solution to things....do I agree with the "nerfs"....nope....only because beginner players who really don't understand the ends and outs of this game yet will get irritated...

I actually got confused by that statement :P

Clarification: I thought it was some kind of minor AI or spawn rate change

Edited by f-e-a-r-s

Personally, I really don't feel like spilling my brains into the forum.  Resolution will come eventually.  I rather help out players who are having problems farming.  So I'll just let it be....I really have no quarrels with DE....I noticed the credit nerf...but then I realized I have alot of void keys that would net me over 10-20k easy...it's always an alternative solution to things....do I agree with the "nerfs"....nope....only because beginner players who really don't understand the ends and outs of this game yet will get irritated...

I think the newer players that haven't' gotten far into the game will not really notice the change all the much.  Just depends on where they are on the star chart and how often they play.