Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Battlepay And Affinity Nerf

Chaosdreamer

The re-balance of the Invasions (Battle Pay & Resources) was mentioned in the Update 12.1.2 notes:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179717-hotfix-1212/

"- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart."

On Friday we deployed an attempt to get the Factions being pushed out of the Star Chart back on track (Corpus right now), but this also included an ecosystem of different value that was part of the same integration. 

Unfortunately we didn't communicate this change in necessary detail at the time of deployment and it has caused confusion. We did some digging and have information to clear up:

Frequency of invasions combined with the weighting of goods was becoming a saturation problem. The Orokin Cells and perceived higher value items need to be used more strategically by Factions on the ropes. As with all-things-invasions, there will always be a winning side which brings the need for balance. 

In general, if you're going to change enemy strategies, nerfing the Battle Pay offered by the factions only slows down the rate of Invasions since they are probably not worth the effort outside of the clan materials (i.e. Mutagen Masses, Detonite Injectors, and Fieldirons) at this point. If the frequency of Invasions was too high, increase the number missions required to take over one node (i.e. don't increase the number of missions required to receive the Battle Pay, for clarification). 

[DE]Megan , this still does not answer the affinity problem we see here , so both faction went greed ,why not , but how they can lower the XP they was giving ?

Also you state is "pro corpus" but look pluto invade by grineers , for few reason of "revenge" and Detron I ll keep supporting grineer no matter what (Except if corpus bring potato) ,games is not being fair right now

So instead of doing the smart thing which would have the faction on the ropes (Corpus in this case) hand out valued items like Mutagen Samples (needed for researching clan-tech) Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, Formas, Neural Sensors, or even straight up Detron part BPs, you (DE as a whole, not singling you out Megan) decide to nerf the gains all around?

I think that was originally the intention of the 'tweaked rewards for factions on the ropes' but something got borked along the way. At least that's what the 12.1.2 notes made it seem like.

Also, let's try to keep things civil. Remember the fine line between criticizing and antagonizing I mentioned earlier? Let's try to avoid crossing it and stay on the side that's more productive.

The re-balance of the Invasions (Battle Pay & Resources) was mentioned in the Update 12.1.2 notes:

"- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart."

On Friday we deployed an attempt to get the Factions being pushed out of the Star Chart back on track (Corpus right now), but this also included an ecosystem of different value that was part of the same integration. 

Unfortunately we didn't communicate this change in necessary detail at the time of deployment and it has caused confusion. We did some digging and have information to clear up:

Frequency of invasions combined with the weighting of goods was becoming a saturation problem. The Orokin Cells and perceived higher value items need to be used more strategically by Factions on the ropes. As with all-things-invasions, there will always be a winning side which brings the need for balance. 

And which unrelated patch note was ACTUALLY referring to the nerf to affinity gain?

I agree honestly-- I play on ps4 but I sure as heck wont be running the same exterminate mission 5 times for 35 k credits. You can get 25-30k from 3 invasion runs at the moment-- the only time it was worth it to support corpus was if they offered a reactor or catalyst or 50,000 over the grineer's 3 fieldron samples "unless you needed fieldron samples.

If anything the losing faction could have said ok-- we will double triple your battle pay if you decide to come back to our side "which would require 10 runs after the initial 5-- or offer up a catalyst/reactor as a a last resort and even still - I need to do other things than run operations all day :/. As it is on ps4 these operations - certain ones are taking days to complete. I did a operation 2 days ago - and so did everyone else apparently because it just had to sort of-- ride its time out for 48 hours before I got payed.

One orokin cell for 5 runs of a mission isnt going to motivate anyone to run invasions. With the rewards at their current level of payout the only rewards people will run invasions for are catalysts and reactors.

And which unrelated patch note was ACTUALLY referring to the nerf to affinity gain?

I haven't noticed anything with affinity, but I have my 90 day booster going so never paid attention to it.  I still can go up from rank 8 to 18 in 30 min on apolo so not sure there was a change on that...if there was....we would def need some clarification on that one.

You might want to suggest they take another look at that code(Or when in doubt, Just Blame Geoff). Something probably got mixed up in there that reduced rewards from both sides, while the corpus should definitely be scrambling for territory back shelling out whatever they can. 

It wouldn't be an issue if you'd off load Invasions into their own Instance of the Star Map and ran it in Seasons.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147130-living-campaigns-improving-invasions-clan-conflict-and-warframes-evolving-story/

Even CCP doesn't allow their NPC held space to be radically influenced by Players. Which is what you have basically allowed to happen. Even when CCP added Faction Wars, those were confirmed to 2 specific regions.

It wouldn't be an issue if you'd off load Invasions into their own Instance of the Star Map and ran it in Seasons.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147130-living-campaigns-improving-invasions-clan-conflict-and-warframes-evolving-story/

Even CCP doesn't allow their NPC held space to be radically influenced by Players. Which is what you have basically allowed to happen. Even when CCP added Faction Wars, those were confirmed to 2 specific regions.

I have to agree...while I like the idea of a player driven environment there needs to be boundaries involved.  Affecting the star chart as it has I think was a bad decision....but you know what they say about hindsight.  

For the uninitiated, with the upcoming project Tethra, I suppose no one has the foresight or is lore-savvy enough to think that the Grineer taking over the Solar System atm is deliberate, aye?

Project Tethra is incoming, so we will nerf all the Invasion rewards. Yeah, right.

"We are planning next big event, so we will make all the items on the market 5 times more expensive! 'Cause, y'know, the event will be about rescuing Darvo"

I don't think it should work like that.

For the uninitiated, with the upcoming project Tethra, I suppose no one has the foresight or is lore-savvy enough to think that the Grineer taking over the Solar System atm is deliberate, aye?

The grineer take over was an unexpected extreme case. Rebecca already said so in a post a couple weeks back I believe. 

The event around Project Tethra is just to rebalance the map while they work out a method to prevent the retipping of the scales. 

Yup, make invasions limited to specific planets.

Eris = Infested invasions.

Mars = Grineer invasions.

Ceres = Corpus invasions.

Simple, no nodes that are really game changing would be changed. The only problem I could see is that lower levels would have trouble getting to Ceres and Eris. Again, no REALLY notable nodes that players would miss (Ceres, Kiste, but people could just go pro-grineer if they really thought the faction mattered here) (Which it does, I guess).

It's always been that way.  We all have the choice.  We never stopped having the choice.  Doesn't change the fact that the customer isn't always right though. 

So you're saying that it's okay for them to stealth nerf affinity? Without explaining it? How about Battle pay? Megan's post showed us the hotfix notes, but I thought it was just changes to AI and spawning. It never occurred to me (and many others) that this meant a rather large nerf to battle pay rewards.

So you're saying that it's okay for them to stealth nerf affinity? Without explaining it? How about Battle pay? Megan's post showed us the hotfix notes, but I thought it was just changes to AI and spawning. It never occurred to me (and many others) that this meant a rather large nerf to battle pay rewards.

They are looking into the affinity issue and that may have been unintended I do not know.  Finding out about the battlepay put that line in the pub notes into perspective.  I didn't know what it meant before I saw the battlepay.  

Definitely felt slower when I was trying to level up my shiny new Grinlok, but I'm probably just being impatient.

Thanks for the heads up! 

Grinlok felt slow leveling to me too, but probably because it doesn't mow down enemies like automatic weapons. The trick is to not bother with the small fries and aim on the bigger enemies like corpus techs, heavy gunners/bombards/napalmers for the most affinity.

I'm gonna remain suspicious, it reminds me of a situation in the void when they claimed everything was fine.

atRp6NY.png

Crewmen and techs are still giving the same affinity as they have in the past on Kappa; 148-152 for crewmen and moas, 1550 for techs and 640 for leaders.

Crewmen and techs are still giving the same affinity as they have in the past on Kappa; 148-152 for crewmen and moas, 1550 for techs and 640 for leaders.

I probably did about 30 Kappa runs yesterday, and no, the enemies were not giving less. However, I think the ninja'd and made it so that weapons actually require more.

The questioning of XP being nerfed can be debunked as it was not touched.

The main concern here has shifted to the topic of 'Communication'. Yes, some things fall through the cracks and we have to dig to recover them, but in no way are we attempting to hide them. This was an unfortunate error on our side that resulted in mass confusion because the necessary information was not clear. 

With this information now clarified, we can focus on feedback around the issue and make changes where necessary.