The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

Play some gas Jupiter tilesets, defense maps. Play Xini. Play Kappa. Play forest maps. Play Void missions.

I don't see how you do not understand that there are a LOT of open area maps.

I'm not even going to bother replying to this anymore, you're sounding like a troll from this point on.

You just don't get it dude is all. I'm not trolling, do you know what closed door maps are? Small areas, limited space sir. I'm talking bigger, more area, more outside. Does this help?

It's not like people will stop going to the void

The demand will still exist and people don't get parts out of thin air. It's literally just spreading out the RNG a little. People still have to farm to get the parts.

you either farm them and spend your time

Or buy them and likely spend your money

Which someone has to buy that plat. De isn't losing money if it is just being given to others.

Like all things give it a few days and it will die down.

Edited by Anatolius

It's not like people will stop going to the void

The demand will still exist and people don't get parts out of thin air. It's literally just spreading out the RNG a little. People still have to farm to get the parts.

you either farm them and spend your time

Or buy them and likely spend your money

Which someone has to buy that plat. De isn't losing money if it is just being given to others.

Like all things give it a few days and it will die down.

Oh yeah? Which warframes primes did you buy kid? It wouldn't make sense if someone farmed for hours and hours then finally getting the things they wanted. Then all of a sudden be totally cool with this. You people are ridiculous sometimes.

Intro: Due to the recent update of 12.2, trading now encompasses prime parts as well as mods and keys. This has caused a huge barrage of posts about trading where people are debating whether it is good or not. I have decided to give my own opinion on what I think about trading and my reasons for thinking so.

Trading reflection: When I first joined warframe during update 8, there was no trading of course. But my friend and I knew that it would eventually come about which would help me get mods my friend had. When trading did come out, I was surprised that they decided to add platinum into the mix. This caused the game to change as now people could shell out plat or mods to get what they wanted without having to farm it. This spawned a huge business where players could use their extra mods to earn extra plat. Eventually my friend and I discussed what the future of trading was and prime trading was one of the topics. We both agreed that it would be detrimental to Warframe and hoped that it wouldn’t happen. Well… our fears came to pass as prime trading is obviously a part of the game. It also brings series ramifications that hurt the game as well.

Trading problems:

#1: Trading prime item ruins the feeling of self-accomplishment: Void was a huge farming ground as people scrambled to get primes that they needed. There was a feeling of accomplishment as one showed off a shiny new prime to other players. Bragging rights besides, primes made us feel good when we got what we had been farming for. Now with the advent of prime trading the accomplishment is somewhat diminished as people can spend a prime part or a bit of plat to get what someone worked hard to achieve in a few minutes. While this doesn’t affect us in the game, it still is a problem because players lose their bragging rights which are what shiny primes were for.

#2: Trading Primes doesn’t get really get around RNG: While people don’t have to go through the doom and gloom of rng and low drop rates in the void. The fact is that people still have to farm it. Your part that you recently got through trading doesn’t come from nothing. Someone had to work to get those parts and so a small group of players still has to suffer through rng. In fact, RNG seems to be even worse in update 12. I ran a void survival for 35 minutes and got no prime parts at all. Also keys can be rewards for T1 void which dilutes the drop table. So this really doesn’t get rid of the problem of RNG, it just makes it so only a percentage of players suffers.

#3: Trading is making warframe more pay to win: What I liked about warframe before the arrival of trading was that it wasn’t really pay to win. You could get stuff without having to pay money as long as you were patient. Those who felt like it wasn’t worth waiting could use plat to get around it. But since trading is now part of warframe, everything seems to be pay to win. If I want natural talent, why bother running interception when I can buy it with plat. If I don’t want to run 100+ missions getting ember prime or using prime access, I can just buy it with plat. I don’t really care about mods as much since they are easier to get but Primes is something DE should never have made trade able. While trading isn’t officially sanctioned by DE it is still in place because of DE so it still counts as pay to win.

#4 Prime Trading ruins the point of playing warframe: Ask yourself this, when you take the warfarm out of warframe what do you get? Not much really,  and this is the sad fact about warframe and why this kind of trading is bad. The simple truth is that Warframe has no retaining content besides RNG.  Would you still be playing if you weren’t grinding for a frame or a prime? The answer is most likely no. Warframe has little plot or lore (just a bunch of events strung together), no fun bosses, and no other real endgame content. Yeah DE says that endgame content is going to come but it won’t be for a while. The endgame we have right now is clan tech, primes, and survival/defense. Well mod trading ruins the point of survival and defense since you don’t have to waste time getting the mods you want. The people who try to set records for these missions are also a small percentage of players. Mod trading also makes interception pointless as people can just get natural talent. Even though some people will be playing these games modes, most won’t because trading eliminated the point of them. Primes have now been swept of the board because of the new prime trading. It makes running void missions have little importance since you can just buy it off someone else. So after stripping most of the endgame content what else does warframe have? Finishing the solar system? Easy to do and not even worth it. Collecting all the weapons? Sorry but some are event exclusive and only completionists do that (they are a small part of the population in warframe). Getting Mastery rank to the highest level? Not worth it since you only need to go up to 8 to use all the weapons. Clan-tech weapons? Not really since it isn’t that hard to get all the materials and DE seems to be releasing some of the new research weapons into the market (let’s hope that isn’t going to be a trend). Maxing all the mods? Trading and Legendary Cores do that for you. Getting all the mods? Trading and event only mods ruin that. Mass formaing your weapons and Frames? Really boring and it has no real value because most weapons don’t really need that many formas to kill most enemies. Getting all the frames? Pretty easy as you can get taxis to the locations or you can buy some of the harder ones (Booben) and drop rates aren’t as bad as they used to be. So, when you expand trading to primes, what do you have left? Not a lot to keep a player going in the game. It might have been fine if prime weapons weren’t part of the endgame and there was a real endgame but that’s a discussion for later. The point is that mods were good enough as trading materials, but primes is going too far. This seriously hurts warframes retention value. In my RNG post people said they enjoyed rng because it gave them the satisfaction when they got a prime, which was fine until this new update ruined that appeal.

Conclusion: DE should have evaluated what would happen before they decided to implement this into the game. DE bent the bow way too far back and its hurting the game and the players badly. Even if this is fixed (which is unlikely) the damage is done and it can’t be taken back. Prime trading really took the fun out of warframe and while some may argue that you don’t have to use it, the point is that trading is still there and it is still hurting the game whether some people don’t use it.

IMO, it's mostly a blight. Sure I can easily make plat, but it doesn't solve the problem with RNG. If anything, it gives them the defense of "But you can trade for it!", which is a lazy excuse to simply not fix something.

It ruins the point of primes, something that you used to have to actually play the game to get. It gets too close to the pay2skip/pay2notwait line.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

IMO, it's mostly a blight. Sure I can easily make plat, but it doesn't solve the problem with RNG. If anything, it gives them the defense of "But you can trade for it!", which is a lazy excuse to simply not fix something.

It ruins the point of primes, something that you used to have to actually play the game to get. It gets too close to the pay2skip/pay2notwait line.

I completely agree with you! Those are all my gripes with the new prime trading. I'm honestly surprised DE would even think of implementing this.

Oh yeah? Which warframes primes did you buy kid? It wouldn't make sense if someone farmed for hours and hours then finally getting the things they wanted. Then all of a sudden be totally cool with this. You people are ridiculous sometimes.

Didn't buy ember because I didn't want ember (def not as much as Loki prime)

But here is a crazy thought: maybe I simply don't care about how other people got their frame. That isn't my concern nor obligation to say "you should have farmed that".

You can spend your money on whatever you want. You can spend your whole paycheck on this game. DE gotta eat too. It simply opens up a door saying you have 2 option if you want this item.

Didn't buy ember because I didn't want ember (def not as much as Loki prime)

But here is a crazy thought: maybe I simply don't care about how other people got their frame. That isn't my concern nor obligation to say "you should have farmed that".

You can spend your money on whatever you want. You can spend your whole paycheck on this game. DE gotta eat too. It simply opens up a door saying you have 2 option if you want this item.

Read the boon or blight post, really doubt you would keep defending this nonsense after reading that. Thanks.

TL;DR

Really, when the forums are this hot making a wall of text about the hot topic is not a good idea.

Boon IMO.

No matter how well balanced, any system without trade would inevitably lead any given player to a situation where they had only one rare thing left to find in a large table. I think there were better ways to fix this, and there were better ways to do trading (link ability to trade to an achievement related to how the part is found), but I'm speculating that someone at DE just made the call that it was better to do an easy fix and focus developers on content, than to do some kind of big change.

Allowing them to be traded is probably super simple like adding/removing an item flag/tag of some kind, as opposed to devoting man hours to something more complex.

Maybe one day we'll get Trading 2.0 and everyone will whine that they can't trade their prime parts as easily or at all. Who knows.

Edited by VKhaun

TL;DR

Really, when the forums are this hot making a wall of text about the hot topic is not a good idea.

Boon IMO.

No matter how well balanced, any system without trade would inevitably lead any given player to a situation where they had only one rare thing left to find in a large table. I think there were better ways to fix this, and there were better ways to do trading (link ability to trade to an achievement related to how the part is found), but I'm speculating that someone at DE just made the call that it was better to do an easy fix and focus developers on content, than to do some kind of big change. Allowing them to be traded is probably super simple like adding/removing an item flag/tag of some kind, as opposed to devoting man hours to something more complex.

Maybe one day we'll get Trading 2.0 and everyone will whine that they can't trade their prime parts as easily or at all. Who knows.

I guess this is a way to deal with prime problems. I can see where you are getting at but if they decided to do this, why even bother changing the drop tables at all? I mean if your going to make primes easy to get, why waste time changing and moving primes to the derelicts. I'm just confused with what DE wants to do to fix rng. Also if RNG is the reason they are doing this, why not use the token system or something else? Plenty of people have suggested good ideas to fix RNG and DE would just have to pick an idea they like and implement it.

I guess this is a way to deal with prime problems. I can see where you are getting at but if they decided to do this, why even bother changing the drop tables at all? I mean if your going to make primes easy to get, why waste time changing and moving primes to the derelicts. I'm just confused with what DE wants to do to fix rng. Also if RNG is the reason they are doing this, why not use the token system or something else? Plenty of people have suggested good ideas to fix RNG and DE would just have to pick an idea they like and implement it.

You just answered your own question.

DE picked the best idea and they're implementing it.

Sheldon also hinted that a MOTHERLOAD of new stuff is coming to the void. Devaluing and allowing people to trade old stuff will probably help them make the old stuff low drop rate so new stuff can be found, instead of having another forum blow up about OMG CAN'T FIND X QQQQQ

Edited by VKhaun

You just answered your own question.

DE picked the best idea and they're implementing it.

Sheldon also hinted that a MOTHERLOAD of new stuff is coming to the void. Devaluing and allowing people to trade old stuff will probably help them make the old stuff low drop rate so new stuff can be found, instead of having another forum blow up about OMG CAN'T FIND X QQQQQ

But then what about the new stuff? When they release huge amounts of content to the void, they will be as easy to get as the old ones so unless they are going to end trading, the new stuff will be too easy to get and people will get bored of it. Besides rng still exists, it just isn't felt as much as before but its still a big problem that needs to be solved.

But then what about the new stuff? When they release huge amounts of content to the void, they will be as easy to get as the old ones so unless they are going to end trading, the new stuff will be too easy to get and people will get bored of it. Besides rng still exists, it just isn't felt as much as before but its still a big problem that needs to be solved.

New stuff won't be traded because the people finding it will be using it.

They are fixing RNG in the void. There was a thread by a dev not long ago outlining how it will work, and it's pretty slick.

New stuff won't be traded because the people finding it will be using it.

They are fixing RNG in the void. There was a thread by a dev not long ago outlining how it will work, and it's pretty slick.

Link please? I would like to see this idea.

Honestly, I feel they should just remove the ability to trade parts for plat. Just make it parts for parts. You want to trade X, Y and Z for part A? Fine. that feels fair. 

At the end of the day, it doesn't fix the fact that the whole key system is pointless. Just make a void area with one key to enter and a different node for each prime part. Make the rare drops really goddamn hard so you literally have to earn it. 

I dunno. I'm just so burnt out with today. I'm going to go play Path of Exile for a couple of hours. 

Link please? I would like to see this idea.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173755-drop-table-20/#entry2036300

Basically he's adding a check of some kind where it knows if you have a part/completed weapon or not, so you won't get useless rewards. They have not comitted to details so one could be pessimistic and say nanospores instead of rare parts, or one could be optimistic and hope for multiple rolls on prime gear before getting resources, or very good resource rewards. 

Edited by VKhaun

a mag prime set is 15 platinum for now.

thats how much your prime is worth now.

its good for everyone who needs primes.

and its bad to those who spend alot of time way back hunting primes.

its good for the business since people will most likely buy plats.

everyone wants an easy acquisition for stuff, so its good right?

overall its "allright."

I respect your opinion but I say boon however slightly indifferent.

1. I got What I wanted because I wanted it. Do I feel good? Heck yeah I do. Not because I conquered RNG or all the work but simply having it in my possession. I don't show off I obtain my desires and I do a good job at it. I simply don't care about other people and what they have. I'm not playing for you I'm playing for me to have fun

2. I have plenty of platinum to buy parts but don't. I don't farm to sell I farm for my own needs. Anything beyond that is profit. If I get tired of farming I'll buy it. You still suffer indirectly: you either spend your real life money or in game time collecting items to sell for platinum. "There is no such thing as a free lunch"

3. Except you aren't winning you are simply obtaining an object faster. Which is fine:again not my concern how you got your weapons. You can trade to get what you want or sell mods for platinum and use that. Or just farm it. Honestly if a friend bought all the parts I grinded for I wouldn't be upset because you still have to pay one way or another. I can still get what I want. RNG is just on some people side more than others. Do I support its heavy use? No but that is how it is at this point in time

4. Though grinding is a major part of this game. . When I log into Skype on the weekends and talk to my clan mates we don't talk about the grind. We talk about having fun. We talk about beating records and helping each other get what we want. Yes we grind but we do it together and we have a good time.

It's not about what you have or how you got it it's about having fun along the way. And this isn't forced fun this is legit.

I'm just happy to get what I have. Yay you bought ember prime but I don't care about scarves or boosters. This may not apply to others but it does to me. And all I can say is that it's a nice option to have. Guess what: bought my glaive prime parts. No one will know I bought it or care.

Boosh

and its bad to those who spend alot of time way back hunting primes.

How's that? My Mag Prime is still there. She still works fine.

In fact I seem to remember myself and everyone else having problems getting prime gear lobbying DE that they make it easier to find her parts or allow us to trade to get them.

Edited by VKhaun

I say blight...it just feels so ridiculously easy for someone to acquire these things now, it kinda kills off whatever urge I had to get them...

But that's just me. I'm sad about it, but I'm sure my comments will get flame because I'm a Prime Exclusivist. I feel disappointed but in the grand scheme of things my opinion doesn't amount to much. It seems the majority of the players love the idea while only that small orthodox fraction remains disappointed and upset.

I'm sorry, OP, but the people who CHOOSE to sell their hard-earned, long-farmed-for blueprints and parts WILLINGLY sell them. They OBVIOUSLY don't share your sentiments. Too many people here want to be viewed as this elite player who has this exclusive item that they can wave in others' faces just to say "I have what you don't have". It's the same mentality as PS4 players wanting their own PS4-exclusive pack. Same with Founder's who are so adamantly against the Excalibur Prime being publicly released. Who cares if someone gets something you've got? Your having something exclusive doesn't make you a better player. It means either 1) you have a lot more time than other players or 2) you've got more money that you're willing to spend than other players.

I was one of the players that received a Legendary Core. And, believe it or not, I sold it. I'm not at all angry that someone now has a Legendary Core who possibly didn't have one before. Because I don't have a desire to be this elite player waving my exclusive items in others' faces. This elitist mentality is what will be the death of this game if DE caters to it, not the tradability of Prime parts.

Well, damn. I was wrong. And people are incredibly stupid. I'd sell that stuff for at least 100. AT LEAST.

No need to check, I'll take your word for it. I'm not really in the mood to look through the mess that is most chat rooms.

My apologies good sir.

Well, it might be stupid to you, I'd call it naive, but it's their choice if they devalue what they're selling.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Blight. Fer sure. 

We all want to feel specials. Right? 

I know I do. It devalues everything that we have worked hard for. I worked for 4 weeks trying to get Dakra Prime, even more time to acquire Mag Prime, and even more time for Frost Prime. I only have about 5 Prime items, and I worked hard to get those. 

Now we can buy them with plat. 

I say blight...it just feels so ridiculously easy for someone to acquire these things now, it kinda kills off whatever urge I had to get them...

But that's just me. I'm sad about it, but I'm sure my comments will get flame because I'm a Prime Exclusivist. I feel disappointed but in the grand scheme of things my opinion doesn't amount to much. It seems the majority of the players love the idea while only that small orthodox fraction remains disappointed and upset.

This. I agree completely. While Primes aren't exclusive, they give off this feel that you worked very hard to get all the different parts for it (yes, I'm talking about the patience to grind all of the freaking stuff). Now people can acquire these parts by saying "WTB X for 10-15 plat". 

I feel sad now that my recently acquired Dakra Prime will now be obtainable super easily. 

Both.

The concept and process is fine.

Players are going to pervert it to their own ends though. That's where the problem comes in... The community.

This game's players have become equal parts needy, entitled, and mercenary.

Nothing DE does is right or enough for the seeming bulk of the playerbase posting on these forums now.

You have posted a number of reasons to support your thinking. I don't agree with any of them really but they belong to you.

I will say though that as long as what's been implemented doesn't become the only viable option it doesn't present an issue.

Everyone doesn't use trade or trades with friends only. 

This helps them.

Everyone else is going to figure out a good way to muck it up though.