Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

People say they don't want this game to be a grind, now with blue print trading and cores that max any mod, we now have a game without grind. And We not happy? Oh right cause only end game is grinding...

It wasn't the grind, the grind in this game is fun. THe biggest complaint I've seen from people is the RNG. "Oh hey I know you have 10 of this frost prime helmet, but I'm going to give you another 5 before I give you another part you already have 7 of." It's not the grind, it's the RNG.

And to the OP's addendum, I'd like to point something out. DE may be adding these legendary cores as rewards for some event/mission type thing, such as the "Proxy War" stuff, rather than actually lowering the rank of the insane rank 10 mods. Honestly, they shouldn't have anything above rank 7. Basically, adding in legendary fusion cores to instant rank up rank 10 mods because DE doesn't want to lower their rank to be easier to level for everyone, so they make us go and grind to get legendary cores. 

DE seems to be...tripping. Go home DE, you're drunk. But yeah...for what DE did they rewarded a bit too high. They really could have done this better, but I have a question did they explicitly state "2 Legendary Fusion Cores per Rank 6+ Steel Charge" or was it "2 Legendary Fusion Cores for your Rank 6+ Steel Charge" cause the former means the insane number of legendary fusion cores was meant to happen, the latter does not.

At first it was "2 Legendary Fusion Cores for your Rank 6+ Steel Charge," but then they posted a 2-question FAQ to which the first question was:

"2 cores for EACH?"

Answer: Yes, each.

This was about three hours before the patch went live that the FAQ was posted.

NOTE: MAJOR PARAPHRASE HERE

Edited by egregiousRac

Totally agree. I got cores too - just because I was lucky enough to peruse the forums during the pre-patch frenzy. Each (essentially free) core represents a hundred plus hours of playing... So now what? I expected better from DE than this colossal misjudgment.

That's just one more punch to the face of fake market that linger in  WF. 100 players selling vs 1 buyer hardly can lead to in game economy. From my point of view Prime frames and weapons should be in Shop for plat (vanity items), trading regular frames and weapons can be allowed. Coming back to OP, nicely put down.

Am I the only one thinking that DE should shut down trading for a short period of time so that they can get stuff sorted out?

If DE was treating Warframe like an actual beta, that should be the first thing they do.

Given DE's track record, I think it's safe to say that Prime trading isn't going anywhere. As stupid as it is.

I am indifferent to it.

And I regularly rank up Rare 10's, mostly Serration.

No offense - but I'd think that most people who "regularly" level up Rare 10s would know that Serration is not, in fact, a Rare 10 :p they would also realize that a Legendary Core represents a hundred hours of gameplay, give or take.

Am I the only one thinking that DE should shut down trading for a short period of time so that they can get stuff sorted out?

It would have been safer to have a test week where they allowed prime trading, and then evaluate what the ramification were after the week was over. Also, it would likely have been better to use the PS4 as the test case, because they do not have so many old player with massive hoards of prime parts.

As in, no sane person could possibly think this is a good idea

I must be insane then, because in all honestly, I'm not seeing the issue with this at all.

Oh noes, people who don't want to shell out 300-500 plat on the player market or grind for literally thousands of cores and millions of credits can actually see a rank 10 serration.

I mean, I don't know anyone who viewed Serration 10 as a thing to achieve. Rather everyone I know (and myself) viewed it as a sheer cliffface of grind that nobody wanted to actually scale. I stopped at Serration 7 prior to legendary cores because the literally exponential increase of required fusion power made it too much of a hassle even though I currently have 1.7k cores of varying rarities in my inventory.

It's like, what, some of you guys (and I'm speaking about you guys in particular here, not in general) have explicitly complained about there being too much grind. Then DE does two things that reduce grind fiercely and you talk about how the game is getting worse because there's less grind? Man what.

It's ridiculous. Grinding serration isn't a content bypass because it's not content. It's a mod, it's literally a number that makes your gun do a bit more damage. I don't know about you guys, but grinding cores for serration 10 doesn't really count as 'playing' in a fun sense, it counts as a particularly egregious form of grind. And we're all about less grind, aren't we?

And prime component trading? Honestly, the only thing that's remotely wrong with this is that the components can be traded for plat, and even that's arguable as to whether it's wrong. Oh noes, newbies don't have to suffer like we did to get our prime gear. That's a bad thing how? I'm happy I can dump the literal army of Frost Prime parts I've stashed on my newbie clanmates to help them out because grinding isn't fun.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I'm glad us PS4 players get to skip this whole madness. Our next patch probably won't have Prime trading either. You guys get to deal with the fallout while we reap all of the rewards I guess. :)

But you also miss out on the crazy rush it is to feel things are falling apart all around you. At least you can spectate on the forums!

Why are you PC players complaining about this Legendary Cores business?

We PS4 players are shafted as we will never see the Legendary Cores...

And with the PC to PS4 migration coming soon, I forsee the widening gap between the have's and have not's widening.

PC is indeed the master race...

Yes...you are? You're getting the same update as the rest of us...If you guys aren't getting the same compensation that's bull.

At first it was "2 Legendary Fusion Cores for your Rank 6+ Steel Charge", then they posted a two question FAQ for which the first question was:

"Two for EACH?"

Answer: Yes, each.

This was about three hours before the patch went live that the FAQ was posted.

NOTE: MAJOR PARAPHRASE HERE

I....I donno how to feel about this. It was intentional...there is no denying that. But why? Why DE Why!?! "Oh hey, I know you guys spend months or weeks leveling up your rank 10 mods and getting those prime parts. So in one move we are going to say 'Screw you're hard work' and give players who just joined 2 weeks ago skip all the loving pain you have had to endure to get your mods leveled or aquire those prime parts." And as I write that...I realize why they did it. It sucks, it's kinda a punch in the face, but it makes sense.

They are doing it BECAUSE it's a pain in the &#! to level those mods and get the prime parts, though honestly they could just fix the RNG for that. They are learning, "Players are tired of grinding to get their serration to max? RELEASE THE LEGENDARY CORES!" rather than lowering the rank and keeping the benefit. Or "Players don't have time to grind for prime parts? Add prime trading." Rather than fixing the crappy RNG that gives us every part we already have twelve times. 

Ugh, I need to sit down. I understand why DE did it, just not why they did it THIS way when there are arguably better ways to do these things. 

Ok what do you want them to do now? Go back delete all the LCores and unfuse peoples mods that where leveled with fused mods and give them R5 Cores and credits? Its done the LCores are in the game and there is no going back now. Maybe they are going to reintroduce LCores and change their power and limit them for use in new Legendary mods who knows.

Everyone needs to stop crying about the LCores and get over it. There have been many many threads about this everywhere. Yes DE could probably have handled this better but they were most likely trying to give us the communication we have been asking for but did not realize the consequences for announcing it so early.

How do the LCores affect you and your enjoyment of the game personally? If you have them no one is forcing you to use them and I'm pretty sure that if you don't want the cores you could possibly sell it to the void for credits.

If DE was treating Warframe like an actual beta, that should be the first thing they do.

Given DE's track record, I think it's safe to say that Prime trading isn't going anywhere. As stupid as it is.

personally I don't mind prime trading, the issue for me lies in the fact that you can trade them for plat, if it wasn't for that then people could simply trade for prime part for prime part meaning there would be very little fuse about that.

As for the legendary cores I do feel like they where terrible way to compensate for the change to steel charge. Personally I think DE should put a dead line and make it so that legendary cores not used by that point will be removed form the game.

"Oh hey, I know you guys spend months or weeks leveling up your rank 10 mods and getting those prime parts. So in one move we are going to say 'Screw you're hard work' and give players who just joined 2 weeks ago skip all the loving pain you have had to endure to get your mods leveled or aquire those prime parts."

I don't understand how this is an actual complaint.

I mean, I was right there in U8 grinding keys with the best of them. Back when Latron Prime Receivers had 0.15 percent drop chance or something utterly ridiculous like that. I wouldn't wish that kind of grind on anyone. Yes it felt good finally getting that Latron Prime, but not so good that I'm not going to be happy newbies have an actual alternative to spending dozens to hundreds of keys on getting one even though I didn't.

I ground for Frost Prime. I ground for Latron Prime. I've ground for just about every piece of Prime gear. (Disclaimer: I've traded for glaive prime blades because the prime grind isn't fun and no amount of fixing prime drop tables will change that). Why should I feel bad that someone can get it easier than I did then, now? I'm happy because I don't like seeing newbies suffer to be able to do cool things or have shiny awesome gear.

I must be insane then, because in all honestly, I'm not seeing the issue with this at all.

Oh noes, people who don't want to shell out 300-500 plat on the player market or grind for literally thousands of cores and millions of credits can actually see a rank 10 serration.

I mean, I don't know anyone who viewed Serration 10 as a thing to achieve. Rather everyone I know (and myself) viewed it as a sheer cliffface of grind that nobody wanted to actually scale. I stopped at Serration 7 prior to legendary cores because the literally exponential increase of required fusion power made it too much of a hassle even though I currently have 1.7k cores of varying rarities in my inventory.

It's like, what, some of you guys (and I'm speaking about you guys in particular here, not in general) have explicitly complained about there being too much grind. Then DE does two things that reduce grind fiercely and you talk about how the game is getting worse because there's less grind? Man what.

It's ridiculous. Grinding serration isn't a content bypass because it's not content. It's a mod, it's literally a number that makes your gun do a bit more damage. I don't know about you guys, but grinding cores for serration 10 doesn't really count as 'playing' in a fun sense, it counts as a particularly egregious form of grind. And we're all about less grind, aren't we?

And prime component trading? Honestly, the only thing that's remotely wrong with this is that the components can be traded for plat, and even that's arguable as to whether it's wrong. Oh noes, newbies don't have to suffer like we did to get our prime gear. That's a bad thing how? I'm happy I can dump the literal army of Frost Prime parts I've stashed on my newbie clanmates to help them out because grinding isn't fun.

this is the most brilliant comment ever 

If all this was in preparation for endgame imagine what could be better than prime stuff?

Totaly agree, not only did they kill a lot of content, they also killed the market for R10 Mods completly as they are worth near nothing now...

If this would be a one time thing, i would be sure that the market wil lcatch back up in about 4 weeks when all the unresonable ppl sold the cores or maxed mods for 150-250 Platinum... but when they would reintruduce the cores... yes this would kill all ranked mod trading... 

Ok what do you want them to do now? Go back delete all the LCores and unfuse peoples mods that where leveled with fused mods and give them R5 Cores and credits? Its done the LCores are in the game and there is no going back now. Maybe they are going to reintroduce LCores and change their power and limit them for use in new Legendary mods who knows.

Everyone needs to stop crying about the LCores and get over it. There have been many many threads about this everywhere. Yes DE could probably have handled this better but they were most likely trying to give us the communication we have been asking for but did not realize the consequences for announcing it so early.

How do the LCores affect you and your enjoyment of the game personally? If you have them no one is forcing you to use them and I'm pretty sure that if you don't want the cores you could possibly sell it to the void for credits.

If I remember DE actually did a roll back kinda similar to that not long ago...In terms of rolling back trading and such. And to the whole "How does this affect you personally?" statement, seriously? You're going there? People enjoy the trading system, which the LCores have just smashed all value of the rank 10 mods in a day. People enjoyed the time they spent grinding for their prime gear, or getting those fusion cores and credits to level their rank 10 mods, which they are now pissed that people can come in with their LCores and plat and just say "Oh, you were stupid to grind for all that gear, why do that when you can just buy it? Pfft~ I don't have to earn anything when i have plat!"

personally I don't mind prime trading, the issue for me lies in the fact that you can trade them for plat, if it wasn't for that then people could simply trade for prime part for prime part meaning there would be very little fuse about that.

I'd rather Prime trading just be removed and they actually make an effort to sort out the atrocious RNG.

But, I feel like DE will not remove it (they never remove their band-aids)

Part for part would be better if trading stays. At least it still requires you to go to the Void to actually get parts.

Plat trading is abso-@(*()$-lutely horrible for Prime parts.

As for the legendary cores I do feel like they where terrible way to compensate for the change to steel charge. Personally I think DE should put a dead line and make it so that legendary cores not used by that point will be removed form the game.

DE needs to punish those who exploited it.

Remove all their legendary cores and revert any mods they fused to their previous level.

This means that those who decided to exploit it get no benefits at all from Legendary cores.

The exploit was possible because of dev stupidity, but it was on the players to decide whether or not to perform the exploit.

Edited by Nugget_