The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Oh my...I need Blind Rage, lol. That's just insane. I used one core for Serration, and saving my other. Yeah, I only got 2. Congrats to the people who had so many SC cards! And no, I won't be buying any cores off trade (assuming you can sell them?). Happy with what I got :)

You dont get them through in-game mail system, have you guys checked your MOD Inventory?

yes i did.  they were not there.

so i'm just gonna shoot support a ticket see if things can get cleared up.

Maybe Rank 9 was one rank to low.  who knows.

Edited by OniDarkClown

DE ran a live fire gameplay test where they increased the max rank on Steel Charge to see what would happen. To participate in this test you had to invest cores and credits into Steel Charge with no expectation other than that you would get more mod points to play with if you used this aura. They didn't like the results, so they rolled it back.  Anybody who participated in this test, anybody who would stand to actually lose some kind of investment, got a gift as an apology from DE.

If you didn't invest then you don't profit.  What is the problem here?  You didn't see the forum post in the window before the changes went in and manage to get a legendary core really really cheap? Well, call it a reward for being active in the community and paying attention to what's going on, and an incentive to jump on the chance to try new stuff in the future!

Sheesh.

If you want nicer formatting, up-to-date edits, and math tables, see the primary version on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1yeiyc/exploit_steel_charge_make_profit_of_1567_rare5/

_____

I'm not exaggerating. The "refund" is nuts, and I can't imagine any person would approve it if they knew the facts. I really hope DE can put a freeze on their plans before they dig themselves into a massive hole.

Again, that's the equivalent of what you would "avoid spending" by using 2 Legendary Cores on rare mods like Heavy Caliber or Overextended, after subtracting the tiny costs of bumping Steel Charge from 5 to 6. If you upgraded Steel Charge all the way to 10, you're getting much less (keep reading) but still a hefty amount of extra for your "refund".

This is the most insane scenario, where someone bumped Steel Charge from 5→6, which a lot of people probably tried to do earlier today during the 4-hour window when DE announced the change was coming. The "gained" amount assumes you use two (2) Legendary Cores for maximum benefit, on mods Heavy Caliber or Overextended.

Spent   Equiv Gained      "Profit"Fusion points    12800       1227600       1214800Rare5 cores      16.52          1584       1567.48Credits       52025.81     4,989,600  4,937,574.19

TLDR:  Everybody who didn't level of Steel Charge or who couldn't exploit the 4-hour announcement window got #*($%%@.

Edited by HvcTerr

DE ran a live fire gameplay test where they increased the max rank on Steel Charge to see what would happen. To participate in this test you had to invest cores and credits into Steel Charge with no expectation other than that you would get more mod points to play with if you used this aura. They didn't like the results, so they rolled it back.  Anybody who participated in this test, anybody who would stand to actually lose some kind of investment, got a gift as an apology from DE.

If you didn't invest then you don't profit.  What is the problem here?  You didn't see the forum post in the window before the changes went in and manage to get a legendary core really really cheap? Well, call it a reward for being active in the community and paying attention to what's going on, and an incentive to jump on the chance to try new stuff in the future!

Sheesh.

"Call it" whatever you want, but that doesn't change it from being an absolutely absurd "compensation" scheme with MANY other easy ways to solve this without causing issues with the community.

Sheesh.

But the reward is RIDICULOUSLY overwrought.

Remember, this is the equivalent of THOUSANDS of rank 5 fusion cores. For someone who only had a rank 6 Steel Charge mod, that is an insane overcompensation. Again, they're getting hundreds of times their investment back. Is that fair? 'Cause I don't think it is.

So, OP, I'm confused. Are you upset because these things exist, or because you didn't get the shiny new bauble? Because your posts are kind of reading like the latter.

The latter.

Not gonna lie, I don't like grinding up rank 10 mods at all. Just gets way too grindy at rank 7 and up. I feel like they should have stopped doubling the required XP after rank 5, because it just gets ridiculous.

Well, since the market's crashing anyway, maybe I'll just suck it up and buy one...

i didnt "exploit" this and i feel just fine.

think how many people where online at the moment, how many had more than one steel charge, how many could level them up to rank 6, and how many actually read the forums at the moment.

the number of people that got legendary cores is quite low