Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

No, forget you. I'm enraged.

Maxing out two cards takes an ETERNITY. HUNDREDS of hours of play to max out something like Serration. And these people get to do it instantly, for TWO mods - OR MORE, if they exploited it.

You can't downplay that. Nothing you say will convince me that this isn't ridiculous, because clearly the people who only had rank 6 Steel Charges got essentially the equivalent of hundreds of hours of free gear for NO EFFORT AT ALL.

It's not like you expected this. So you missed it, that's life, you win some and you lose some, nothing you can do about it now. It would have been nice if you did get it, but you didn't. But it wasn't something you were banking on, it wasn't something you were expecting to get. So there's no real reason to rage and the end result is that your teammates now play better. God forbid your teammates do better in their missions with you.

Obviously it was to see how the community would explode on themselves... and maybe be fair in a sort of way. Who really knows, let's just go ask them... HEY DE WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT!?

[size=1]dem people with 20+ steel charges[/size]

Edited by Verryn

does that affect you that much? actually, not at all.

do you want DE to take the cores back? not gonna happen

so, i dont want to sound rude, but what exactly do you want?

It heavily affects my willingness to put any more money into DE's hands (and I say this as someone who already put $200 into the game in good faith).

All they have to do is give legendary cores to EVERYONE, since the cat is already out of the bag and they obviously aren't going to be able to undo it. Not like people with rank 6 Steel Charges played that much for it.

It's not like you expected this. So you missed it, that's life, you win some and you lose some, nothing you can do about it now. It would have been nice if you did get it, but you didn't. But it wasn't something you were banking on, it wasn't something you were expecting to get. So there's no real reason to rage and the end result is that your teammates now play better. God forbid your teammates do better in their missions with you.

Yeah fie on me for getting angry when other players get massively preferential treatment. Clearly I am in the wrong here.

/s

Some random strangers got insta-maxed serration and hornet strike.

As someone who has no legendary cores, and has maxed serration and rank 8 hornet strike the long way, I couldn't care less.

Here's my poem

Good for you, lucky tenno

enjoy the gold ticket,

grinding was boring

I'm glad you could skip it

So why the hell didn´t they just gave 1 or 2 cores to everybody instead of making the forums post? its ridiculous crap thats what this was.

And i am mad? Hell yeah because i lost this oportunity, this is even a bigger reward than all the events together.. wth?!

Edited by RMSGM

1. Like currency inflation, power-creep HARMS EVERYBODY

2. Go tell that to all the people who were about to sell their maxed serration.

In co op.....

Oh no, they can no longer sell those mods at 200-500 plat a card. Oh how in the world will they be able to live on now.

It heavily affects my willingness to put any more money into DE's hands (and I say this as someone who already put $200 into the game in good faith).

All they have to do is give legendary cores to EVERYONE, since the cat is already out of the bag and they obviously aren't going to be able to undo it. Not like people with rank 6 Steel Charges played that much for it.

Yeah fie on me for getting angry when other players get massively preferential treatment. Clearly I am in the wrong here.

/s

How is it preferential if it was based on simple timing....

To allow people exploit it , it should have been one per account and not per mod

What if people have a weird thing for having maxed mods? They need to have them all maxed or they die, mentally of course. 

Yeah, you're right that would never happen... [size=1]yes, it would[/size]

The only time these things should show up is as compensation for a mistake. I mean, look at all the chaos they've caused just from a limited release.

But if they were more common wouldn't people care less? The only reason people care is because they were rare and given out without much warning.

Yah isnt this a big loss for DE? because people that had no plat at all now can gain a ton of plat by just leveling steel charge. Thus they will be less inclined to purchase plat.

Also does not any one find it odd we get 2 of them for 1 mod?

Edited by MindlessWar

You can't downplay that.

Yeah, he can. I can too.

Grind isn't an admirable skill. In fact, releasing these cores(along with making prime parts tradeable and putting Banshee in the lab) severely reduces the amount of bragging potential players can engage in. That's a very good thing. The cores do a lot to decrease the exclusivity and prestige of having those rank 10 mods maxed, so all that remains is the statistical advantage and the personal satisfaction of achieving such a task through normal fusion.

The fact that someone else had an easier time getting to where you are doesn't diminish your achievement.

1. Like currency inflation, power-creep HARMS EVERYBODY

2. Go tell that to all the people who were about to sell their maxed serration.

in this case it´s not powercreep. a person without a legendary core can reach the sam elevel of power as someone without it.

trading prices change all the time

to all the people that where about to sell the maxed serrations: i don´t care. sorry that i will not lose sleep over someone on the internet that i never met. im sorry that i cant feel empathy for you because you where gonna sell a virtual mod for probably 20 dollars.

im totally, and completely, sorry