Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developing New Content With The Aid Of The Steam Workshop.

grillv20

Have you all considered the possibility of implementing this sort of feature into Warframe? Players creating new content for the game was one of the things that Steve brought up in a dev stream from last year when dojos were first introduced. I think it would be cool to see stuff like this in warframe as long as it fit in with the whole theme and style of it all. No silly things obviously ripped from other sources of course. Just an extra something the community could have a hand in. Something where the people at DE would have to go and approve it then put it in the game and all that jazz.

That would depend if it's purely cosmetic stuff like skins or if you mean actual weapons. Because seeing as DE themselves tend to have issues with balancing out weapons, I can only imagine players flooding the market with Dual Soma Wraith Primes and the like. That's not to say I wouldn't want to see user-made weapons, but probably not for a while, when DE gets there own weapon system under control.

That would depend if it's purely cosmetic stuff like skins or if you mean actual weapons. Because seeing as DE themselves tend to have issues with balancing out weapons, I can only imagine players flooding the market with Dual Soma Wraith Primes and the like. That's not to say I wouldn't want to see user-made weapons, but probably not for a while, when DE gets there own weapon system under control.

skins would be absolutely awesome as well

As long as I don't have to see other people's garbage and it's clientside only then it's okay by me.

Giving players too much control over their equipment and characters otherwise is just going to turn Warframe into another generic microtransaction-based mmo.

well thats why I was saying to keep it within the realm of cosmetically looking like what factions use currently. that way it doesnt become a super ugly trash extravaganza.

People are already complaining about weekly Tenno Reiforcements, because all of the new weapons are basically reskins of previous ones with slightly altered stats... Do we really want to see 50+ Braton reskins that differ in 1 more point in Slash damage?

I'd rather see DE browsing through forums, weapon concepts specifically, and giving us like 3 of the best ones monthly. This way we can be sure, that those are creations worthy being in game.

Edited by Angius

I thought this would be a great tool at DE's an our disposal. I haven't made anything in the steam workshop myself, but to people who can/do, DE could give them some plat for the skins they make, and then sell them for us to use. I think all weapons should be thoroughly discussed by DE before going into the marketplace, but as for skins, I know we'd all love more customization options for our favorite frames. and at present, there really isn't much. the immortal skins for a few frames, and a couple skin sets for a random assortment of weapons (desert camo, forest skins, day of the dead skins). we need more skins, but it shouldn't be the main concern of DE's art department. that's where the creative player base comes in

I thought this would be a great tool at DE's an our disposal. I haven't made anything in the steam workshop myself, but to people who can/do, DE could give them some plat for the skins they make, and then sell them for us to use. I think all weapons should be thoroughly discussed by DE before going into the marketplace, but as for skins, I know we'd all love more customization options for our favorite frames. and at present, there really isn't much. the immortal skins for a few frames, and a couple skin sets for a random assortment of weapons (desert camo, forest skins, day of the dead skins). we need more skins, but it shouldn't be the main concern of DE's art department. that's where the creative player base comes in

Inb4 My Little pony Braton skin

I am all game for cosmetics and in my opinion it doesn't even need to be viewable for all. I mean that way you'd just have to update the game 24/7 because of the content and make it unplayable.

Assuming they don't change the way the servers and hosting works.

Cosmetics for the player only would be nice. I can already see some cool HUD/UI mods as well as 4K HD retextures of things. Maybe even ENB. Simple stuff that add so much additional flavor to the game.