Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That's Funny...

MollAgdeduba

I never knew what this The Game actually was.  A couple of friends of mine played it a long time ago, and they refused to tell me what it was on the basis that I would be happier not knowing.  I meant to google it and forgot for years.  So now I finally know what it is.  I think it's pretty funny.  It's very similar to a homework assignment that another friend of mine had in his psych class.  Every student was assigned a number and were told it was very important.  Then the professor said the assignment was to forget your number by the next day.  Only one student successfully completed the assignment; the guy with Downs Syndrome...

And btw, I still remember my friend's number years later.  Good ol' 219.  And now you will remember it... F O R E V E R!   Mwa ha haa.

I never knew what this The Game actually was.  A couple of friends of mine played it a long time ago, and they refused to tell me what it was on the basis that I would be happier not knowing.  I meant to google it and forgot for years.  So now I finally know what it is.  I think it's pretty funny.  It's very similar to a homework assignment that another friend of mine had in his psych class.  Every student was assigned a number and were told it was very important.  Then the professor said the assignment was to forget your number by the next day.  Only one student successfully completed the assignment; the guy with Downs Syndrome...

And btw, I still remember my friend's number years later.  Good ol' 219.  And now you will remember it... F O R E V E R!   Mwa ha haa.

As strangely annoying the overall concept can be, The Game is a very interesting example of human psychology as you've already known. It was real interesting when I was reading it's Wikipedia article and stumbled upon its links (or rather actual classification) to the Ironic process theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironic_process_theory

Strange how even the act of acknowledging the existence of a concept, person or event further strengthens one's memory of it. 

...well, unless you have actual memory problems due to mental illness anyway.

Edited by yuio678