Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Hate Nova?

BluberryKnoob

Because her M-prime is broken, but i wont call it "hate" more like that i'm annoyed of her, and she is boring to play with 

just ... that, i personally play her only to for soloing T3 survivals, other then that i much appreciate when i'm exping low rank stuff and there is a nova in team

to quote the best community artist around (Yui i'm talkin about u (7*w*)> )

119_by_yuikami_da-d6odhuf.jpg

Edited by Regar

1 hitting with her ulti? thats what ulties r meant to do?

yea, but nova's ult is too much for them ego maniacs :T  some people just wants to show off and get lots of kills while ignoring the fact that the nova is doing all the hardwork for them. Me, i like to use nova everywhere :T

I find people do not hate Nova they hate it the people who play Nova and do nothing but hit 4 every 2 seconds. I love Nova but it still annoys me when ever I see a Nova player doing this, there are exceptions of course.

What confuses  me is why Nova is the only one to receive hate due to this I can literally mod any warframe with a damage based ultimate and do the exact same thing MPrime does.

Perhaps I can answer in short.

The 'hate' appeared with Nova's release a few updates ago, when players would only use M Prime. I witnessed this myself during that time, when Novas would spam it non stop in any mission over and over and over again. While technically kill-stealing may not actually exist considering all players receive exp from it, it is more effectively 'stealing' game-play. The other teammates, myself included, would literally just sit there with nothing to do as the Nova would destroy everything. There is then no initiative to play, and we all know video games are for playing.

It also is a sense of unfairness, not ego-crushing as other have stated, that larger powerful Warframes of level 30 who may or may not have been Formed, with just as powerful weapons, being "outdone" by a fresh Nova spamming one ability. By then teamwork becomes competition, seeing whoever can take the first kills before a Nova.

However since then Nova's M Prime has been altered in an effort to control this effect, but the annoyance/hate however you may call it is still present in all those players who were there upon Nova's release. However a Nova used to her full potential, meaning using all four abilities professionally, is a fantastic teammate and all Warframes can be great teammates if used properly.

P.S. Some players wonder why Nova's ultimate is one of the only ones to receive such intense hate over this matter, I believe it may be how it originally functioned upon her release. Basically her M Prime primed enemies all around her, including through walls, and then those enemies can be free to walk around further. Back then while most Warframe ultimates were confined to an area around the frame, the primed enemies of Nova's M Prime can potentially rack up even more kills by walking around and away and interacting with enemies who are not primed. When an enemy is killed activating the chain reaction, all enemies receive damage/are killed including non-primed enemies only in the vicinity of the explosion. That coupled with the fact that Nova benefits even if a teammate sets off a primed enemy and not the teammate, altogether racks up unbelievable amount of numbers in kill counts, and far fewer for her teammates.

Edited by Volkovyi

For me, when a nova "steals" all of the kills with a prime, I am not upset because I won't get more damage or experience, I am annoyed because it takes all of the fun out of the game for me. I would like to kill someone also.

I am an avid nova user. When I use her, I try to keep this in mind and not prime every time I see an enemy.

you get better experience when nova kills anything anyway.  it splits the exp to everything rather than if you were the nova it would just go to warframe.

Wiki:

Whenever any member of the team kills an enemy, that member's teammates will still gain full experience from that kill. This experience is divided equally among their Warframe and weapons.

Some examples to illustrate how this works:

• Suppose Player A kills an enemy with his Warframe ability, and the enemy was worth 500 experience.
    • His Warframe will receive the full 500 experience, while his weapons receive none.
    • His teammates will receive 500 experience each: 125 to their Warframe, 125 to their Primary, 125 to their Secondary and 125 to their Melee.
Edited by Pure

As some people have said, she's just not fun to play together with. Whenever I see a MPrime spamming Nova, I might as well take my hands off my keyboard & mouse, cross my arms, lean back and take a nap; because I know there will be nothing left for me to shoot at the entire duration of the match unless I spend twice the amount of energy to hunt down a spawn that I can have fun with for maybe 3 seconds until the lightning quick Nova catches up and MPrimes that too. 

I want to play the game, I don't want to watch somebody decorate the air with explosions in all the colors of the rainbow that may or may not hurt my eyes depending on how bright it is at the time. 

yea, but nova's ult is too much for them ego maniacs :T  some people just wants to show off and get lots of kills while ignoring the fact that the nova is doing all the hardwork for them. Me, i like to use nova everywhere :T

get lots of kills while ignoring the fact that the nova is doing all the hardwork for them. 

nova is doing all the hardwork

That must be one hardcore button-press you're pulling off on good ol' #4 there...

Edited by TwiceDead

Why People Hate Nova walkthrough:

1. One fine day on the recruiting channel:

"Hosting OSIDJOS need nova, and 2 more."

After a while...

"Hosting OSIHISO need nova last slot"

Now normally I don't join these type of people, but that day I was desperate and he couldn't find a nova for quite a while.

Psycomet: Invite

NovaFan: nova?

Psycomet: No

NovaFan: then no

Psycomet: Dude I have formaed WF and weaps I'll fill in for nova just as well.

NovaFan: No thnx

Need any more explaining?

2. So I'm doing what I always do, guarding the terminal/cryopod. For a while I see no enemies whatsoever. When I go to check I see nova booming everything at spawn point. Neither do I get exp, nor get to play.

She gives me xp tooooooooo? Awww! Why? I can't get my own XP? Please stop thinking like you need to do everyone else a favour!

If I want more kills I should have to fight hard for it not press 4.

I don't want to sound un-constructive but this has bothered me for some time. Trinity's Blessing is an OP power too but it let's me enjoy the game A LOT more by giving me GOD MODE. Nova's 4 takes away the most lucrative aspect of the gameplay experience: killing things. I eagerly wish for a balancing is all I can say.

Edited by Psycomet

I absolutely love having Novas on my team. They blow S#&$ up real good, and Mol Prime spreads XP throughout the team when used anyway. Anyone who thinks a Nova kill-steals clearly has never played as one, nor have they tried to do T3 defense without the help of one and gotten their asses handed to them.

Nova players have pulled my fat out of the fire on many occasions, and running one is incredibly fun too. A shame so many people want to stroke their e-peen in lieu of completing missions without keyboard-breaking frustration.