Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option To Disable Elemental Visual Effects On Melee Please.

noveltyhero

Theoretically a sword arcing with lighting or engulfed in flames should look awesome, but the effects are no where near good enough to achieve that effect and all we're left with is an ugly mess of mismatching colors plastered all over our weapons. The option to disable them would be great.

yes yes please give us the option !!! these effect RUINs all our colours customization : I want to be in dark and not surrounded by a green mist !!!!

honestly this is ridiculous, these effect are too much overlaping everything else.

I use elemental mods. but the effects do bug me. in case of the nikana what i hate more is that the sheath has the elemental effect. and it destroys the feel of the weapon as a Katana. (Also no ninja wants a light show going on on their hip or back.)

Hi!

I have been thinking about some things that have been bothering me with some visuals and possible solutions.

One of them is the clipping of weapons and syandanas, but as I saw in one of Noogums' topics, it will be addressed in time, after melee 2.0 and Soon™ ;).

Another one is that the elemental effects on my melee weapons seem a bit over the top for my taste. I would just like a simple option in the appearance tab to be able to disable these. I don't think that not showing the elements will have any impact on gameplay balance, since the enemies are AI anyway. I also believe it should not be very difficult to implement, technically it should already be a switch, and the devs would just give us access to it.

Thanks very much for reading.

Cheers,

Fulc

Never did like the elemental effects on the weapons.

I mean, it would look pretty sweet if they were done with more detail, but since it adds nothing to gameplay (Pretty sure none of my teammates care what elementals I'm running, and the AI doesn't care, and you'd still see the proc anyways if you forgot what you had on) and detracts from the aesthetics, might as well remove it, or give an option to do so.

maybe if they let us choose the color for different effects (i know that's a lot more color customization options to add to the UI) then people who wanted them to be invisible could choose black as the color for them. Plus we would be able to coordinate the color of the effects with our color scheme, and have blue/purple/pink flames and stuff :)

- Channeling melee kills with weapons make corpses disintegrate. Yeah it's pretty but what if you're playing nekros? I can't see them bodies I'm wanting to desecrate/SotD.  Couldn't we settle for something just as exciting but without the disappearing bodies? 

- Idle weapons have status particle effects coming out of them. Time and time again this is wrong. What Idiot would happily illuminate his own spine with radioactive glow? Why does my katana's SHEATH sparkle with magnetic arcs of blue lighning? What'd be realy nice is if melee weapons had elemental trails (with their own sound effects) or only shone when used.  That'd be very,very cool. If i'm not mistaken Kril already has weapon trails. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower