The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: The Worst Warframe In The Game

Etsoree

I'm not a fan of nyx but lemme give u some of my opinion about her...

Mind control is good only for target that have useful abiliy like ancient healer/shield osprey etc

Physic bolt random target low dmg,good for clearing low mobs

Chaos,the only useful thing I see from it is the stun where the enemies having headache when casted...otherwise it's useless for me

Absorb,the only ulti where ur friend can help adding dmg for ur ulti(I don't know does absorb have capability to draw aggro or not)

I'm not a fan of nyx but lemme give u some of my opinion about her...

Mind control is good only for target that have useful abiliy like ancient healer/shield osprey etc

Physic bolt random target low dmg,good for clearing low mobs

Chaos,the only useful thing I see from it is the stun where the enemies having headache when casted...otherwise it's useless for me

Absorb,the only ulti where ur friend can help adding dmg for ur ulti(I don't know does absorb have capability to draw aggro or not)

Psychic bolts being good for anything.

Chaos only good for stun.

What. Psychic bolts is a contender for 'worst ability in warframe' with it's S#&$ damage, high energy cost, lack of utility, lack of scaling, and not complementing any of nyxes other skills (+power strength is needed to make psychic bolts do anything, and Nyx should be using overextended, which gives - power strength, and none of Nyx's other abilities benefit from power strength). Chaos is one of the best CCs in warframe, capable of turning entire rooms against eachother, with no target limit, long initial range, no penalty from using overextended, and being able to use stretch as well. Chaos and Absorb both scale into endgame, since they turn enemy damage against them.

can we lock this thread please...not going anywhere and obviously Nyx is not bad, as 100s of players have commented.

starting like this there would be oh so many locks to do around this section... it would need few dedicated moderators too considering the amount of work.

allora non hai capito assolutamente un cazzo di nyx!! perchè è tutto il contrario di quello che hai detto e smettetela di dire che nyx e gli altri warframe sono OP altrimenti depotenziano tutto e non si fa più un cazzo quindi se volete depotenziare cambiate gioco e non rompete le palle!!!

allora non hai capito assolutamente un cazzo di nyx!! perchè è tutto il contrario di quello che hai detto e smettetela di dire che nyx e gli altri warframe sono OP altrimenti depotenziano tutto e non si fa più un cazzo quindi se volete depotenziare cambiate gioco e non rompete le palle!!!

English, please.

Nyx's playstyle does not change at all in regard to difficulty, and the combo with her and Djinn completely wrecks Infested.

This topic is ridiculous.

I suggest you take a look at Ash and Frost before even considering mentioning Nyx in a negative light.

Nyx is arguably the best frame in the game because she can press 3.  Even those with invulnerability (Zephyr, Trinity, ~Rhino, ~Valkyr) can fail to do sufficient damage in the appropriate span.  Nyx on the other hand can just let enemies, regardless of level, kill each other.  Chaos is absurdly powerful.

The reason why you see few Nyxes (Nyxs? Nyxies? ?!?!) is because her play isn't engaging.

1: let someone else do the work

2: do damage that can easily be outdone by a gun

3. wait 30 seconds while the enemies kill each other

4. sit there for a dozen seconds while you get shot at by enemies outside your radius

She's stupidly powerful.  She's just not fun.

Oh, that's not fair! I love playing as Nyx!

I think it's because she's not a direct damage dealer which is someone you don't prefer. Because Psychic bolts good? Really. Use Rhino, Frost, for direct damage dealing

If you were to read my post you'd know why I don't like her.

If you were to read my post you'd know why I don't like her.

I read it, still can't comprehend the hate. She's a really balanced frame. She has no press2win button.

Mind control: It's cool to use if you wanna see a heavy gunner fight another heavy gunner in the void and if you don't want to waste energy on a group of 5-8 people. The mind controlled enemy also acts like a decoy for the enemy group, yes I've seen this happen a lot. The enemies will aim at the mind controlled person instead of you giving you time to kill them.

Physic Bolts: Not even gonna start with how bad it is

Chaos: Oh noeees 15 people are going to the pod. Whoops chaos stun, now they're all gonna fight for who gets to do the last hit.

Absorb: can clear an ODD map and is very useful to cover the pod and has chances to kill that whole group of 20-25 people.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8.

Shut up.

I read it, still can't comprehend the hate. She's a really balanced frame. She has no press2win button.

Mind control: It's cool to use if you wanna see a heavy gunner fight another heavy gunner in the void and if you don't want to waste energy on a group of 5-8 people. The mind controlled enemy also acts like a decoy for the enemy group, yes I've seen this happen a lot. The enemies will aim at the mind controlled person instead of you giving you time to kill them.

Physic Bolts: Not even gonna start with how bad it is

Chaos: Oh noeees 15 people are going to the pod. Whoops chaos stun, now they're all gonna fight for who gets to do the last hit.

Absorb: can clear an ODD map and is very useful to cover the pod and has chances to kill that whole group of 20-25 people.

MC : 1-shotted target, allies kill it.

Bolts : Only one of her powers that do direct damage, though the targeting sucks.

Chaos : Stomp, Vortex, Bastille, Soundwave, Radial Blind... a lot of other 'Frames powers outdo Chaos, by far. Chaos doesn't prevent the pod from being attacked 100%, it just lowers the chance.

Absorb : VERY, VERY low range on it, and not all the enemies attack you, as they should in it. It can save you, yes, but if you have a high duration for it then all the enemies around you die off way too easily via other teammates, or just run off while attacking you, getting out of range of the attack.

Bolts : Only one of her powers that do direct damage, though the targeting sucks.

Chaos : Stomp, Vortex, Bastille, Soundwave, Radial Blind... a lot of other 'Frames powers outdo Chaos, by far. Chaos doesn't prevent the pod from being attacked 100%, it just lowers the chance.

Absorb : VERY, VERY low range on it, and not all the enemies attack you, as they should in it. It can save you, yes, but if you have a high duration for it then all the enemies around you die off way too easily via other teammates, or just run off while attacking you, getting out of range of the attack.

Vortex in no way outdoes Chaos, except in ODD or infested defense.

Soundwave is a r1 short ranged skill. How is this even being compared?

Bastille has a target limit check, a timer, and a range. 

MC is a +1 free CC to anything you want. Its better than most frame's 1 skill.

Bolts is S#&$ anyways. Nyx doesn't need to do damage. She makes OTHER people do damage. To themselves. For fun.

Chaos is literally a free get out of jail card at any given time against any given faction. It has no hard cap on targets. Radial Blind isn't even this good.

No one uses absorb unless they have a free slot.

tl;dr, your playstyle doesn't match Nyx's. You're super aggro. She's super CC. So don't play her. But don't ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy being an evil mastermind forcing friends to fight each other for our amusement.

Really, pal, first time was enough.

L2p Nyx. Also, learn how to properly use mods, especially corrupted ones.

As example, mine Absorb lasts for 4 second and destroys everything 20 meters around. Wat I'm doing wrong?

Or better, play Rhino. Mindless roflstomping in low-levels is seems to be best what you're able to do.

Edited by Khranitel

Go do a Void survival, tell me how long and often you guys actually stick together. And you compared three ults to a number three...

Chaos: 3rd ability.

Vortex, Stomp, Soundwave 4th ability.

Do you know how to compare?

Absorb: Very very low range? Oh my have you used overextended and maxed Absorb before in ODD? If there's enough enemies you literally obliterate the whole map wherever the enemies are, at the lower floor, the stairs, anywhere. Do you even Nyx? Yes it does genius, the size comparison for normal and maxed Absorb is far from the same.

Really, pal, first time was enough.

L2p Nyx. Also, learn how to properly use mods, especially corrupted ones.

As example, mine Absorb lasts for 4 second and destroys everything 20 meters around. Wat I'm doing wrong?

You got it wrong too :P max absorb 50 meters mate