Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Supra Need Rebalancing?

LikeABawsh

Title says it all.

I'm sure you, the reader, have things to do, so I'll keep this as short and simple as can be.

BUT BEFORE YOU READ- Please don't link any DPS charts here. Those are theoretical, and aren't accurate to what kind of DPS the average player with an average mod setup will get in-game.

The Supra's build requirements & drawbacks out weigh it's advantages greatly, and is straight up WORSE than a few other weapons in terms of reliability & versatility.

The first of these disadvantages are it's accuracy. This weapon is the LEAST accurate out of all the Fully automatic research weapons. While I understand this is to balance out the weapon's high damage output,but coupling that with a slow bullet velocity makes for an extremely tough time lining up CONSECUTIVE shots inside medium range. This means that for the Supra to be used effectively without the bullet speed & accuracy issues being a big deal, the player would have to get in close range. But, there are much better close range weapons available to the player whom also are easier to manufacture in the foundry, and don't require AS much forma to be made viable late game. *coughsynapse,cestra&probablysomeotherweaponswho'snamesescapemeatthemomentcough*

But then how could we forget that awful spin-up time? It does take quite a while to get up to full speed with the Supra,and even when you DO get up to full speed you encounter more problems. One of which being this weapons terrible ammo economy, and having to go full auto to kill something isn't exactly ammo efficient. Another of which being that the enemy you started firing at is probably dead BEFORE you even fire off 3 bullets after the spin-up (Just going to ballpark that one huehue), meaning that you'll probably be spending most of your time firing IN that spin-up phase. "But Bawsh, what about bosses? Couldn't the full after the spin-up be useful for them instead of regular enemies?" says a cross reader. Well, yes. Yes it could. Thing is, by the time you've obtained this weapon, you're MR7. You've probably already conquered the majority of the Sol System, and with the removal of some infested bosses... You don't really NEED to face bosses at that point. Maybe for farming certain resources, but it seems as though survival may be better for that, and there aren't any bosses on those.

Also, keep in mind that at this point the player has access to weapons that are direct upgrades from this weapon. You know... weapons with 100 round clips, faster reloads, mad crit chance & maybe even hit scan projectiles with the accuracy of a latron prime, or weapons with inate electric damage allowing for easier modding & more elemental combinations. Why bother even picking up the Supra? Mastery? Is that all it is?

Mastery fodder?

While there are other flaws of this weapon that I'd like to get into, I have a power point presentation on the events happening in Ukraine due tomorrow, so I don't exactly have the time to delve into them.

So I ask you this:

Does the Supra need rebalancing? Is it truly worth the materials? Is it fair that there are weapons that cost less to build, yet are better than the Supra in almost every way? Am I a pleb?

Please leave your answer in the little box at the bottom of the page, and try to be civil. I appreciate your opinions.

ALSO- I love the weapon. Not because of it's stats, it just looks cool. I just think that for what I put into it, it should be better. JUST SAIYAN

-EDIT: GRAMMARARARARAWREBECCASUCOOL-

-EDIT#2: Cactpls ;-;-

Edited by LikeABawsh

What I would do with the supra.

Reduce reload to like 3 seconds

Increase damage by like 25%

Have the starting firerate be faster but take longer to reach max

Start with worse accuracy that gets better to the point where the last 5 shots of the clip have perfect accuracy.

Mostly because that sounds like a lot of fun to use.

The Supra could definitely use a buff. I'm advocating a slight projectile-speed increase, and spread decrease. It shouldn't be pin-point like the Dera, but it's not unreasonable to assume that a machine-gun suffering from travel time should be at least a bit more accurate.

I'd also like to see tight-aim begin a spool up for most spooled weapons. (Gorgon, Supra, Cestra(s).) The Soma should not do this, as it is closer to a classic assault rifle. However, for weapons whose primary saving grace is their massive fire-rate, players should have a means of manually bypassing the spool-up time, outside of pre-firing.

I remember when I got to mastery rank 7 just for this weapon, and then I threw 5 forma on it back in the rainbow build days, but It can be better status wise, or with innate 2 bullets instead of 1 with half damage each which would be fine for me, some crit might be nice but not too much is needed.

I remember when i reach the mastery rank for it , I had the item ready since I didnt know the requirement to craft it...once the waiting time was over...

I was more like "Wtf that @#&!" Indeed it need a rebalancing / buff , how a weapon can be that bad? Hight recoil , slow loading , super travel time...

you are saying "Hight damage" but , you need to be able to hit with that travel time, did i said its was slot to? atm theire is no reason to use this weapon , just keep in inventory and maybe one day it will get the balance/buff which it deserve(anyway did you saw anyone using Supra ingame?

What I would do with the supra.

Reduce reload to like 3 seconds

Increase damage by like 25%

Have the starting firerate be faster but take longer to reach max

Start with worse accuracy that gets better to the point where the last 5 shots of the clip have perfect accuracy.

Mostly because that sounds like a lot of fun to use.

That's actually pretty neat, especially with the accuracy part. It might make strategies with Heavy Caliber quite interesting with the gun too.

Also, I never understood why it takes so long to reload both Supra and Gorgon. In "modern time" light machine guns, it takes a long time to reload because you have to do lots of things just to put the next, super large magazine in. It makes sense for them to take a long time to reload. However, both Gorgon and Supra only needs to eject the current mag, then replace the new one in the slot, just like a regular assault rifle.

Why in the world does it take a full 4.2 seconds?! By the way, before anyone brings the "it has a placeholder animation and DE's working on it" card, I'd like to point out that both guns have unique animation and non-static mesh already, where the Tenno actually removes the magazine and puts it back in. So no, that's not a reason.

Sorry, that's a complain for another topic so I'll stop here.

Yeah, the Supra needs a major buff. If anything at least speed up the reload and the projectile travel speed, or the accurate.

The DPS calculator isn't accurate enough because how much the bullets spreads, especially with heavy caliber.

No.

Shut the hell up

polls_SMACK_3240_810670_answer_2_xlarge.

Edited by LilithLovett

I'm not gonna lie: it might be buffed in the future ( soon™ , later or never ) probably later 'cause they are busy with melee 2.0, UI, endgame, balancing and lot of critical stuff.

DEs should thank you for your feedback but I'm not sure they have the time to read all of our messages (I guess they skip some XD)

SOLUTION: say goodbye to your favorite toy and try something else.

Of course it does, the tetra is simply a better weapon, and like you said DPS charts prove nothing, i have a 6 forma'd supra and it it literally shoots in a cone, a bigger one than igis'.

Then there's that godawful reload time and status/crit profile.

The ONLY thing the supra has going for it is Fire rate, which in supra's case just mean that useless weapon will be even more useless way too soon if you don't have mutation or ammo restore.

Yes please.

I love the Supra and hate that it's so easily outclassed by weapons that are way easier to achieve...

Plus come on, it looks freaking badass. How can it not be the best? Just look at the name!

supra-
a prefix meaning “above, over” ( supraorbital  ) or “beyond the limits of, outside of” ( supramolecular;suprasegmental  ).

su·pra  [soo-pruh]
adverb
above, especially when used in referring to parts of a text.

The Supra doesn't need rebalancing; we just need a lot less power creep.

Although there needs to be less future power creep, the fact that Soma is so much more powerful than Supra is a sure sign that there is something wrong. Supra needs a re-balancing ASAP

The Supra was never a good gun.  Upping its stats will not change this fact.  The horrible accuracy and just as bad reload times just make this gun no fun to use.  It's like trying to carve an one inch ice sculpture with a full chainsaw: maybe with practice you can get something that could look ok, but it will be a completely bloody mess.