Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Everyone Happy About The Brakk's Rerelease (Revamped According To Public Interest)

Shadowblaz3

Or, and here's an idea, the players who got the Brakk could stop acting like entitled children, accept that they got other exclusive rewards and that other players also want neat powerful weapons, put on their big girl panties and @(*()$ deal with it.

Hi, kindly re read the topic post and not jump into conclusions. If you have no constructive comments then please navigate away from this post ty

So... I got the Detron when was nearly impossible, when the spawn rates were off. We didn't even get that fancy message telling us that we were eligible, we just did tons of boss runs, invasion mission, and corpus defenses until we almost stopped playing this game.

Took me 10 encounters, of which 5 didn't even drop anything at all. Average of 100 runs for 1 encounter. Took me over 1000 missions to get the Detron.

So yeah 100 missions for the Brakk at Gravidous Dillema? Big deal... That's NOTHING.

You're not special because you did 100 missions in that event. You got your weapon with a free slot, and supercharged, got to use it before it got nerfed, and got to use it for several months before everyone else. But no, you are not happy, other people can't have the same toy as you, or you gonna tell your mommy. Just... Grow up. They released the Brakk, deal with it! 

Edited by RexSol

So... I got the Detron when was nearly impossible, when the spawn rates were off. We didn't even get that fancy message telling us that we were eligible, we just did tons of boss runs, invasion mission, and corpus defenses until we almost stopped playing this game.

Took me 10 encounters, of which 5 didn't even drop anything at all. Average of 100 runs for 1 encounter. Took me over 1000 missions to get the Detron.

So yeah 100 missions for the Brakk at Gravidous Dillema? Big deal... That's NOTHING.

You're not special because you did 100 missions in that event. You got your weapon with a free slot, and supercharged, got to use it before it got nerfed, and got to use it for several months before everyone else. But no, you are not happy, other people can't have the same toy as you, or you gonna tell your mommy. Just... Grow up. They released the Brakk, deal with it! 

Hi rexsol, i think you got the wrong picture here, please re read my post and if youre too lazy to do so, firstly, myself and majority of the other ppl here are glad to have the new players receive their brakk. Secondly, I noted that the brakk is not event exclusive and the more people having it the better. Thirdly, what i suggest is only to give the veteran players an eye candy, NO GAMEPLAY MECHANICS are affected, means no extra damage or anything just a special skin for the gradivus brakk. Everyone gets their brakk and no one is harmed. Thanks and have a nice day! 

Edited by Shadowblaz3

We all learned something today: don't do S#&$ during the next event you get it way easier!

yeah dude, sure. i don't think anybody will be missing your contribution next event. pretty sure there are going to be more than enough volunteers

I dont see why this is such a big deal that you need a skin for it. At no point was it stated that the Brakk would stay exclusive. Those of us who did 100 missions got it in a guaranteed way instead of having to rely on RNG like we have do for the Detron. Whats more are those that supported the right team got it with a free space and orokin catalyst installed which is plenty.

I dont see why this is such a big deal that you need a skin for it. At no point was it stated that the Brakk would stay exclusive. Those of us who did 100 missions got it in a guaranteed way instead of having to rely on RNG like we have do for the Detron. Whats more are those that supported the right team got it with a free space and orokin catalyst installed which is plenty.

Hi, I did not say that the brakk is exclusive, everyone can have it. Now would it hurt to ask for a separate skin for gradivus brakk? The newcomers can have their brakk and we can have our skin, no one's harmed in the process. Like I said, its a value added for those who got it pre release. 

there is so much love that i have for this post that i don't know what to say 

1. Serves as a recognition for those who participated and completed 100 missions in the gradivus. 

You already _got_ a badge you can equip to show off your participation in the event, that's what the badges are _for_

*sheesh*

The current setup is fine, I got my Brakk during the event now let the others have a crack at it, there is nothing more we need or deserve for past participation in the event.

No, and furthermore F*** you for having the presumption to tell someone they can't engage in a discussion on a forum that is not yours. This is the same entitled behaviour that leads to worthless "but we want to be more specialer" threads like this in the first place. 

What you want is an echo chamber where everyone in the thread agrees that you need special sparklies for having gotten a weapon months ahead of others, guaranteed after completing the requirements instead of behind double RNG, and before it received a well-deserved nerf. Not to mention that most of the folks who got it would have a free slot and catalyst to go with it. Oh, and the other exclusive event rewards. And this is somehow not enough for you?

My feedback is that you don't need massaging of your already inflated egos. Suck it up, Tinkerbell.

Hi, i understand that you do not have the intellect to communicate in a proper manner, its alright i forgive you :) 

these 1% players at forums is far from "public interest"

By public interest i mean those that replied in this post. 

Hi, I did not say that the brakk is exclusive, everyone can have it. Now would it hurt to ask for a separate skin for gradivus brakk? The newcomers can have their brakk and we can have our skin, no one's harmed in the process. Like I said, its a value added for those who got it pre release. 

I didnt say you said it was exclusive. Also answer my question. Why do you need a custom Brakk skin?

Hi, i understand that you do not have the intellect to communicate in a proper manner, its alright i forgive you :) 

Nice sidestep of the points made there. Oh wait, sorry, it was another clumsy attempt to bullS#&$ your way past - just like telling everyone who disagrees with you to "please read the OP and don't post". You can't argue the point and don't want any opposing points of view because - surprise surprise - you have not got a leg to stand on and you know it.

I didnt say you said it was exclusive. Also answer my question. Why do you need a custom Brakk skin?

To add more swag to the brakk we got from gradivus. 

Ok seriously, its to give some sort of recognition for those who got it at gradivus. People who dont have the brakk, well they have it now, so why not let those that have it a different skin for a change? Its not like I'm asking them to rebuke the brakk giving. It doesnt influence those who do not have the brakk now, it just makes those who got it at gradivus happier. Is making them happy a bad thing? No one is sad at receiving a additional skin, and its optional to equip it or not. You can say that people who deny the idea of bringing back brakk are selfish, but now arent you the selfish one to not let the old brakks get a reskin? Its not like it costs you a brakk.

Nice sidestep of the points made there. Oh wait, sorry, it was another clumsy attempt to bullS#&$ your way past - just like telling everyone who disagrees with you to "please read the OP and don't post". You can't argue the point and don't want any opposing points of view because - surprise surprise - you have not got a leg to stand on and you know it.

I accept feedbacks, good or bad, not random flaming. That is what a forum is for, to discuss. What he did whats not contributing to the discussion, and youre protecting him. 

And mind you i POLITELY asked him to move on if he does not want to give a constructive comment. 

If you look closely to the way you post, arent you the one being offensive now? IF you could AT LEAST post your thoughts properly AND politely, not using foul and provocative language, I would answer you properly. But it seems your lack of intelligence could not comprehend the simple task. That is why i refuse to answer you cause you're blinded by your own narrowmindedness. Thanks for visiting this thread and good riddance :)

Ok seriously, its to give some sort of recognition for those who got it at gradivus. People who dont have the brakk, well they have it now, so why not let those that have it a different skin for a change? Its not like I'm asking them to rebuke the brakk giving. It doesnt influence those who do not have the brakk now, it just makes those who got it at gradivus happier. Is making them happy a bad thing? No one is sad at receiving a additional skin, and its optional to equip it or not. You can say that people who deny the idea of bringing back brakk are selfish, but now arent you the selfish one to not let the old brakks get a reskin? Its not like it costs you a brakk.

Let me get this straight. You want the art team to spend time creating a special reward for people who already got event rewards, instead of creating new content, and you're accusing the people who disagree with you of being selfish?

I'll ask again. What justifies more special attention for those who already got their rewards?

Let me get this straight. You want the art team to spend time creating a special reward for people who already got event rewards, instead of creating new content, and you're accusing the people who disagree with you of being selfish?

I'll ask again. What justifies more special attention for those who already got their rewards?

Making a custom skin (like the dessert skin) for a relatively small handgun would not take you long. The reward they get corresponds to the amount of hard work they spent in it. What justifies the special attention is that those people who got the gardivus brakk are the ones who worked their butts off in that event during that short period of time and i dont think it is too much to ask for a skin in that respect. Its some sort of a BONUS for them. It doesnt affect those who dont have the brakk so why are you so against it? 

I accept feedbacks, good or bad, not random flaming. That is what a forum is for, to discuss. What he did whats not contributing to the discussion, and youre protecting him. 

And mind you i POLITELY asked him to move on if he does not want to give a constructive comment. 

If you look closely to the way you post, arent you the one being offensive now? IF you could AT LEAST post your thoughts properly AND politely, not using foul and provocative language, I would answer you properly. But it seems your lack of intelligence could not comprehend the simple task. That is why i refuse to answer you cause you're blinded by your own narrowmindedness. Thanks for visiting this thread and good riddance :)

I "defended" my own post, and I did give constructive feedback which you are ignoring and trying to sidestep by being ever so offended by the tone of my posts. My point is that you're being polite in a smarmy, condescending manner, and doing your level best to ignore and actively chase away feedback that doesn't agree with you. Telling people to agree with you or go away is not courteous no matter what language you use, and it will make people who disagree with you pissed. I'll be polite to people who have the courtesy of not treating others like they're lesser beings whose arguments and opinions don't matter.

You have still not addressed the actual points made, and I'm not going anywhere until you give a compelling reason why entitled children deserve a special sticker on their guns after they were already rewarded with other items by the event itself.

Making a custom skin (like the dessert skin) for a relatively small handgun would not take you long. The reward they get corresponds to the amount of hard work they spent in it. What justifies the special attention is that those people who got the gardivus brakk are the ones who worked their butts off in that event during that short period of time and i dont think it is too much to ask for a skin in that respect. Its some sort of a BONUS for them. It doesnt affect those who dont have the brakk so why are you so against it? 

Oh, you're a graphic artist then, that you're qualified to tell how long it takes to create a new skin for a game object? Here's a hint: it isn't as easy as colour-by-number books. I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm telling you straight that creating and rolling out a new resource is a lot more involved than shading over a bitmap, especially when you've got a system like the one in this game that allows heavy customization. And it isn't just the art team - it'd take time to review and QA at the very least.

I'm against entitlement. The people who completed the event got their rewards as they were promised. The only reason why they would need another reward now that an item that was never promised as an exclusive was released is to reassure themselves that they are somehow better, more worthy of the devs' time and attention, than those in the player-base who are only getting their chance now, months later. That's placing themselves above others for no good reason.

Can you see why this would appear arrogant?

I "defended" my own post, and I did give constructive feedback which you are ignoring and trying to sidestep by being ever so offended by the tone of my posts. My point is that you're being polite in a smarmy, condescending manner, and doing your level best to ignore and actively chase away feedback that doesn't agree with you. Telling people to agree with you or go away is not courteous no matter what language you use, and it will make people who disagree with you &!$$ed. I'll be polite to people who have the courtesy of not treating others like they're lesser beings whose arguments and opinions don't matter.

You have still not addressed the actual points made, and I'm not going anywhere until you give a compelling reason why entitled children deserve a special sticker on their guns after they were already rewarded with other items by the event itself.

Ok now i understand, i just realized that the one who i asked to navigate away is you. I dont see how asking people to "suck it up and deal with it" is constructive. And on par with you, I TOO will treat people who have to courtesy to not sprout your anger and talk it out the respect they deserve.