Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok: Fearing The Nerf.

Ishki88

This gun blows Brakk out of the water.

I've been playing for a while now, and I've been able to Forma my  "Nerf- Sense" throughout my gaming experience with Warframe.  And I fear Marelok will eventually see a nerf.  I am not asking for a nerf or a buff.  I am just making an observation based on DE's past game changes.

Now.....why do I say this?  Why is my Greedy-Milk intensifying?

Hmm....

aMmuHOr.png

I'm still running test (while having fun, I love this gun) but you know where this gun is heading if you've been playing WF for a while.  

Let's compare this gun to my Brakk.

Ne2gSP4.png

4x Forma Viral Build.  I could probably create a better build but I think it''s good enough for my point.

For all my number crunchers.  Can we get some DPS calculations on this baby?  Because I think we found our new King of Secondaries.

3A03ju5.pngPRAISE MARELOK 3A03ju5.png

Edit:  When I level my Marelok to match my Brakk I will update thread.  But I can see where this is already heading.

Edited by Ishki88

Brakk does all that damage spread across a wide area, this gun you actually need to aim it. It feels just fine if you ask me, nothing OP here.

Also its DPS is not even close to Brakk's. Still a nice solid weapon tho.

That's implying that it's 150dmg per pellet...

DPSframe says it does the same damage per shot as the brakk.

I still like to have multiple sources.

Any others?  I wish I knew the guy who created this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEdgMHjBhOHdFk1dTBxQUdoOXBmOTN2TTFkTjBvTUE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

Marelok15646 DPS 
★ Add Favorite

Burst: 26285 DPS, Infested: 18160 DPS, Grineer 13079 DPS, Corpus 16747 DPS, Void 7546 DPS

DPSframe says it does the same damage per shot as the brakk.

If that is true it seems pretty OP, right? Because of its accuracy and lack of damage falloff. The only thing in favor for the Brakk is the multishot efficiency.

Just look at its base stats:

80 impact

16 puncture

63 slash

With base stats like these you would think that weapon has a downsight like fire rate, reload speed and magezine size or at least proc and crit rate.

But they seem pretty decent to me.

2.0 fire rate

1,7 reload speed

6 magazine size

15% crit

30% proc

Well, its accuracy seems to be the weak spot. Whatever 10 means. It less than Lex and more than Aklex so...

Stats and player report wise it seems pretty over the top. But I will have to wait 3 days again before I can say anything valid :/

btw. is every new weapon going to get released as clan research forever now?

I still like to have multiple sources.

Any others?  I wish I knew the guy who created this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEdgMHjBhOHdFk1dTBxQUdoOXBmOTN2TTFkTjBvTUE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

Marelok15646 DPS 
★ Add Favorite

Burst: 26285 DPS, Infested: 18160 DPS, Grineer 13079 DPS, Corpus 16747 DPS, Void 7546 DPS

Why do you care about DPS?  This is a one-hit-kill semi-auto weapon.  Unless you're firing it immediately the moment it's ready every single time, and hitting an enemy with each shot, that DPS won't be what you get. Why not compare just damage per shot?

Why do you care about DPS?  This is a one-hit-kill semi-auto weapon.  Unless you're firing it immediately the moment it's ready every single time, and hitting an enemy with each shot, that DPS won't be what you get. Why not compare just damage per shot?

I care because I can.  DPS isn't the final say so of course.  I would like to know about its DPS in regards to bench-marking when compared to Brakk.  All of this coincides together because people are ignorantly stating information without any evidence.  This is why my topic is called "Fear of Nerf."

Go drink your Greedy Milk and relax.

Edited by Ishki88

That's irrelevant.

Grinlok is a primary. Marelok is a secondary.

Apples and oranges here, man.

Nope. Its both semi-automatic, both lever-action, both got:

6 Mag size

Very high status chance(Marelok 30%, Grinlok 35%)

Both have V polarity.

Crit chance of 15%

Now, Marelok has:

Higher damage (40, gets even more amplified by the fact that secondaries have the better mods)

Faster Reload Speed(Marelok 1,7 Grinlok 2,1)

Faster fire rate: (Marelok 2 Grinlok 1,7)

Less Crit damage (Marelok 150% Grinlok 200%) Nobody builds them on crit anyways, so thats irrelevant.

It's not the nerf you should be afraid off. DEvs said that these pistols will be akimbo so Twin Marelok is what's more likely. Although the forums will get it nerfed anyway so it's futile to fight it

Well..then...I won't forma them.   :(

Nope. Its both semi-automatic, both lever-action, both got:

6 Mag size

Very high status chance(Marelok 30%, Grinlok 35%)

Both have V polarity.

Crit chance of 15%

Now, Marelok has:

Higher damage (40, gets even more amplified by the fact that secondaries have the better mods)

Faster Reload Speed(Marelok 1,7 Grinlok 2,1)

Faster fire rate: (Marelok 2 Grinlok 1,7)

Less Crit damage (Marelok 150% Grinlok 200%) Nobody builds them on crit anyways, so thats irrelevant.

The Grinlok will have a higher effective status chance when you factor mods in - pistols only have the Cicero mod, but rifles have Hammer Shot as well (I'm ignoring the useless pure status chance mod and stunning speed for pistols).

The Grinlok will have a higher effective status chance when you factor mods in - pistols only have the Cicero mod, but rifles have Hammer Shot as well (I'm ignoring the useless pure status chance mod and stunning speed for pistols).

Well, considering those are meant as one-shot weapons, status procs wont deal much, right?

However, with twice as much of a multishot chance (180% to 90%), the respective status chance becomes separated only by a factor of 6%. 

It's not the nerf you should be afraid off. DEvs said that these pistols will be akimbo so Twin Marelok is what's more likely. Although the forums will get it nerfed anyway so it's futile to fight it

oh god don't tell me we are going to waste 3 formas just to get the dual version of Marelok :( 

oh god don't tell me we are going to waste 3 formas just to get the dual version of Marelok :( 

Well I'm just speculating. I just remember in the livestream where they introduced Grimlock that they showed Merlok as dual weapon... maybe I misremember. I should check it out just incase

Edit: just checked 

skip to 53:47. Check the image. At the bottom right there's "The dual pistol" (and a picture of a Bastet Valkyr) Edited by WhisperByte