Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Plan For Reintroducing Retired And/or Event Weapons (Wip)

Letter13

[size=5]Disclaimer: This thread is a heavy WIP. Right now it only lists Retired Weapons and the Snipetron Vandal. In the meanwhile if you have any suggestions for discontinued or event "exclusive" weapons' reintroduction, please feel free to leave a comment on the thread![/size]

[size=6]Forward / Introduction[/size] 

• As of this point, there are only 5 100% confirmed exclusives in the game: Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime. All other weapons, both discontinued and event "exclusives" are in what DE likes to call "The Vault," a colloquial term for the backburner/drawing board. The Detron was a fine example of an item put into this "Vault" as it was an event "exclusive" but re-released later as an item that required participating in certain missions to unlock/attract a miniboss. The Brakk is another example... At no point did DE ever say that these weapons were 100% exclusive, so it's natural to assume that these weapons would make a reappearance in some way shape or form. This assumption can be carried over to discontinued and other event weapons as well.

[size=6]The Plan[/size]

• The plan of this thread is to create a catalog of concepts for how certain weapons (both discontinued and unreleased event "exclusives") to be re-released into the game, be it now or later, as research or as mini-event rewards. Some weapons' functions may be altered in minor ways to make them somewhat more lore friendly (Snipetron I'm looking at you man... don't be breakin' lore).

[size=6]Discontinued Weapons[/size]

[size=2]List is incomplete, but will be filled up as I go[/size]

• [size=5]SNIPETRON[/size]

Reasons for its discontinuation: 

It's a well known fact that many corpus weapons are most effective at killing other corpus, so a Corpus sniper rifle that fired a physical bullet and was most effective versus Grineer was somehow lore-breaking.

How it can be reintroduced: 

With the Detron, there is a new precident that Corpus are expanding into Anti-Grineer weaponry. There is very little reason why the Snipetron can't fire a physical bullet, but it's effect would have to be changed. Give it a plasma trail when firing (the effect would look like a long, straight beam, a la railgun moa). By having it work more like a railgun and not a traditional sniper rifle, it becomes much more corpus like. And no, the Lanka is NOT a railgun, its projectile is not worthy.

The (potential) new description: 

The Snipetron is a prototype Anti-Grineer weapon developed in secret by Plutonian Corpus Researchers. It was designed as a portable rail cannon designed to puncture the armor of Grineer vehicles, however initial tests of the weapon showed that the recoil and weight of the weapon were not ideal for crewmen use. Expanding on the Lanka design, the Snipetron automatically charges a group of supercapacitors along the rails between shots, so that it can be fired without any delay when pulling the trigger.

• [size=5]GORGON[/size]

Absolutely no idea.

Chem (Grineer) Lab Research. Maybe give it a slight buff or two.

No real change is necessary; Maybe something like "This weapon is an adapted version from the Grineer Heavy Machinegun."

• [size=5]BOAR[/size]

Possibly discontinued due to its resemblance to the Strun, a weapon classified as "Grineer" based due to its Wraith variant.

Obviously a Tenno-class weapon (due to its Prime variant), it can be implemented as Tenno lab research. Give it a slight visual overhaul to make it seem less like the Strun and give it more of a Tenno aesthetic.

No real change is necessary.

• [size=5]ETHER DAGGERS[/size]

Possibly not used by very many players?

Tenno lab research, tweak the weapon to perform similarly to the Fang daggers (super fast attack rate) but with an emphasis on Slash damage instead of puncture, and leaving the old animation (3 separate attacks per swing, versus the Fang's 2 attacks per swing).

The Ether Daggers are a shorter variant of the Dual Ether Swords. Many Tenno found these preferable because it allowed them to unleash faster attacks for dealing with swarming infested. Although it brings the wielder closer to their enemy, the swiftness of its attack more than makes up for the risk.

• [size=5]MACHETE[/size]

Some (bugs?) issues with its animation or size or model... or something. Or maybe it just wasn't used that much.

Chem (Grineer) lab research.

No change needed.

Please let me know with a post on this thread or through a private message if I missed any discontinued weapons. This is currently the only list I have presently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=6]Event "Exclusive" Weapons[/size]

[size=2]List is incomplete, but will be filled up as I go[/size]

• [size=5]SNIPETRON VANDAL[/size]

Reasons for its "Exclusivity": 

Same as the Snipetron more or less, but it was considered a "last hurrah" before the Snipetron was discontinued.

Same as the Snipetron above; modified firing effect to make it seem more like a railgun; perhaps give it some extra "flare" when firing to make it feel that much more special. As for how it can be introduced? Starts with a D and ends in an O, and really enjoys your business. 

NOTE: The way to acquire this weapon will be from a special mission alert that may last for a very short period; I do not intend for this weapon to be reintroduced in a way where everyone and their grandmother can obtain it with ease. The mission will be tough as nails. Think "Hyena-Pack" tough but then turn that up to 11. "Hyena-Pack" armed with chainsaws and angry bees hard. Yes.

The Snipetron Vandal is a heavily modified variant of the Snipetron made with superconducting rails which allow it to fire faster due to less current loss, and lighter Oxium-based materials that allow more ease of use. This particular model was never developed by the Corpus, as the schematics had been completely destroyed by a rogue Corpus merchant... however some say he's kept a copy of the schematic for himself.

• [size=5]BRAKK[/size]

This weapon technically doesn't apply, since it exists and can be obtained by everyone... however some of the players who got it from the event seem to feel betrayed somehow (even though in my honest opinion they should have seen this coming with Detron's release as part of the Harvester). I'd like to suggest releasing a special skin for the weapon (not a Wraith variant) that is given to the players who ran 100+ missions in the Gradivus Dilemma. Maybe a skin called "Greedy Milk" that paints the gun in a black and white cow fashion?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Finally! It's good to see this position supported by someone with even a slight bit of authority in the forums. At the very least, we can expect less flaming.

Also, a secondary goal of this thread is to spread awareness that the non-CBT/Founder gear such as event weapons and discontinued weapons may not be gone for good, and that with good reason and tweaks they can be re-implemented into the game in ways that do not outright destroy their "special" feel.

I say one thing and one thing only, machete wraith, prova vandal, strun wraith, put them in the PS4 version of the game, please, I WANT THEM

I will be including all of those in the list. Be patient! I have to step away for several hours but when I get back I'll update the list as best I can. :)

Letter you are a legend mate. Lets hope these stop the $&*&*#(%& threads appearing every second.

All i want is another chance at Primed Chamber so that my Vectis can be truly elite.

Edited by H3dsh0t

Will you be expanding the thread into exlusive mods as well?

I'd like to get a shot at Primed Chamber, and I assume some people who missed Cicero would like to grab the mods from that as well.

Anyway, good stuff. Don't forget the things like Boar and other regular discontinued weapons.

EDIT:

@below

FIRST!, LOL.

^_^

Edited by Shifted

Letter13 would you mind also adding in mods that were event exclusive (or timed exclusive from how it looks like it is going) so that people can see what else might be added in later too. Circio mods/aviator mod/primed chamber (primed chamber would be extremely hard to add in because of how much it goes for)and any that I am missing. Just so that the list is complete :)

ninja'd by Shifted lol

Edited by Cranial_Enigma

Disclaimer: This thread is a heavy WIP. Right now it only lists Snipetron and the Snipetron Vandal. I will be adding much, MUCH more to it later today (likely after Prime Time). In the meanwhile if you have any suggestions for discontinued or event "exclusive" weapons' reintroduction, please feel free to leave a comment on the thread!

Forward / Introduction
  • As of this point, there are only 5 100% confirmed exclusives in the game: Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime. All other weapons, both discontinued and event "exclusives" are in what DE likes to call "The Vault," a colloquial term for the backburner/drawing board. The Detron was a fine example of an item put into this "Vault" as it was an event "exclusive" but re-released later as an item that required participating in certain missions to unlock/attract a miniboss. The Brakk is another example... At no point did DE ever say that these weapons were 100% exclusive, so it's natural to assume that these weapons would make a reappearance in some way shape or form. This assumption can be carried over to discontinued and other event weapons as well.

The Plan
  • The plan of this thread is to create a catalog of concepts for how certain weapons (both discontinued and unreleased event "exclusives") to be re-released into the game, be it now or later, as research or as mini-event rewards. Some weapons' functions may be altered in minor ways to make them somewhat more lore friendly (Snipetron I'm looking at you man... don't be breakin' lore).

Discontinued Weapons
List is incomplete, but will be filled up as I go
  • SNIPETRON

It's a well known fact that many corpus weapons are most effective at killing other corpus, so a Corpus sniper rifle that fired a physical bullet and was most effective versus Grineer was somehow lore-breaking.
With the Detron, there is a new precident that Corpus are expanding into Anti-Grineer weaponry. There is very little reason why the Snipetron can't fire a physical bullet, but it's effect would have to be changed. Give it a plasma trail when firing (the effect would look like a long, straight beam, a la railgun moa). By having it work more like a railgun and not a traditional sniper rifle, it becomes much more corpus like. And no, the Lanka is NOT a railgun, its projectile is not worthy.
The Snipetron is a prototype Anti-Grineer weapon developed in secret by Plutonian Corpus Researchers. It was designed as a portable rail cannon designed to puncture the armor of Grineer vehicles, however initial tests of the weapon showed that the recoil and weight of the weapon were not ideal for crewmen use. Expanding on the Lanka design, the Snipetron automatically charges a group of supercapacitors along the rails between shots, so that it can be fired without any delay when pulling the trigger.

Event "Exclusive" Weapons
List is incomplete, but will be filled up as I go
  • SNIPETRON VANDAL

Reasons for its "Exclusivity":
Same as the Snipetron more or less, but it was considered a "last hurrah" before the Snipetron was discontinued.
Same as the Snipetron above; modified firing effect to make it seem more like a railgun; perhaps give it some extra "flare" when firing to make it feel that much more special. As for how it can be introduced? Starts with a D and ends in an O, and really enjoys your business.
The Snipetron Vandal is a heavily modified variant of the Snipetron made with superconducting rails which allow it to fire faster due to less current loss, and lighter Oxium-based materials that allow more ease of use. This particular model was never developed by the Corpus, as the schematics had been completely destroyed by a rogue Corpus merchant... however some say he's kept a copy of the schematic for himself.

I don't like this. I feel that those who have Snipetron and/or its Vandal counterpart deserved/earned it. I know it's probably the coolest and baddest gun out there but I don't ever want something like that if I never got to play Warframe during that time when it WAS available.

I'm sure there's others in this community that agree with me. 

DE. Please keep it exclusive, I never played Warframe back that far but I don't want to be seeing something so fabled and 'legendary' being wielded by even Mastery Rank 0 players who just found out about warframe and began to play it since last week. 

On the topic of the Cicero mods, they can be easily implemented in the same way they were originally. Running a Sabotage with antitoxins worth what was 50% (now it uses a timer instead of a percentage) would give one random mod at mission completion, and each 50% after that would add another. At 200% you would get all four mods in one run.

I think the brakk and the detron are in a different category than the vandal and wraith weapons (partially because they have neither vandal nor wraith in their name). they were both teased with the gradivus dilemma, and because which one we received was contingent on the outcome of the event, either one could've potentially been introduced into the game. vandal and wraith weapons serve as a measure of when you played warframe. sort of a timestamp or benchmark of sorts

I'd really prefer it if DE just made different weapons into wraith/vandal variants if they're going to give us a weapon as an event reward. I mean, why recycle those when you could just expand the arsenal, do something new? as for weapons they've removed that aren't wraith/vandal exclusives (such as the snipetron itself, the machete, and the dual ethers or ether daggers, whichever one they got rid of), I do think there should be a way to obtain those. we can get the gorgon blueprint from login rewards, but these other random weapons are just gone. if we update the lore (like with the snipetron), maybe then we could bring them back somehow

nice idea, M, but unless DE decides to release excal/lato/skana prime to the public, I'd prefer it if they don't touch the exclusives that I as a non-founder, non-closed-beta player have earned. but again, the brakk is understandable, since it's the counterpart to the detron, which is now available