Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Plan For Reintroducing Retired And/or Event Weapons (Wip)

Letter13

I think it was something to with them being ineffective or something... only reason I can think of :-?

If I remember correctly they were removed while we were in Damage 1.0, and during that time were just pathetic. Especially when there were other versions of Ether weapons. The Machete's animations were bugged if I remember correctly.

This is off topic, but a ballistica wraith/vandal/prime weapon would be nice, I mean, I really like the ballistica, but no-one uses it :(

Slightly off topic but the ballistica is a tenno weapon, so it is very likely that a prime version will come for it. There could also be a vandal version for it since the original meaning for vandal was modified by the lotus. Just wait a little bit and there should be a prime version, and if you are lucky a vandal version too/instead.

Then what about those who participated in the past events to get their LIMITED edition rewards? The whole point of LIMITED edition weapons, like the Vandal series, is that they are all LIMITED to the community and are only available for a LIMITED time. It's crazy enough that they brought back the Brakk (but I guess they had to since they brought back the Detron), but the Vandals? Nononononononononono; those are waaaaaay too precious to destroy their LIMITED title - that's like spitting on their name...imo.

P.S.- I personally missed the Brakk event and would've never had the chance to receive one until they came out with this patch, however I'm still highly against it. I accept the fact that I wasn't active enough and missed the original event, so I will not be farming for a Brakk either. My morality level is just too high for that.

Edited by Galactix

Will you be expanding the thread into exlusive mods as well?

I probably won't be. Mods are a slightly iffy issue imho, because they don't grant mastery like weapons do, and there's really only 2 currently exclusive mods (Primed Chamber & Aviator), I don't count the unreleased auras that people got via transmutation, and they're very situational and really best on only one weapon/frame.

Thanks for this Letter. I would also like to see the Braton Vandal and Primed Chamber make a return.

Sadly I won't be adding the Closed Beta Test gear to this list. Braton/Lato Vandal were DE's gift to Closed Beta players... and as much as I would like one I wholeheartedly respect their exclusivity.

I don't see the point of calling weapons exclusive if you plan to redistribute them later. For the most part I have no problem with this, its just that if you're gonna give people a chance to get them again then you shouldn't call them exclusive.

This is why several times throughout my post I put the word exclusive in quotes and italics. At no point did DE say that event reward weapons were 100% exclusive until the end of time, like CBT/Founder gear. Because we were never told "These weapons are never, ever going to be released again" it's fair to assume that there is some possibility that they'll be re-released as special mini-event weapons (i.e. Darvo mission rewards, etc).

DE. Please keep it exclusive, I never played Warframe back that far but I don't want to be seeing something so fabled and 'legendary' being wielded by even Mastery Rank 0 players who just found out about warframe and began to play it since last week. 

You don't have to worry about Mastery 0 players getting their hands on the event weapons, but because we were never told that they are exclusive 'til the end of time, I think it's only fair to re-release them at a later date, by way of a challenging mini-event or special set of missions (that would be incredibly challenging, if not impossible for unranked players)

nice idea, M, but unless DE decides to release excal/lato/skana prime to the public, I'd prefer it if they don't touch the exclusives that I as a non-founder, non-closed-beta player have earned. but again, the brakk is understandable, since it's the counterpart to the detron, which is now available

I'm not saying they should release the event reward weapons as commercially available farm-whenever-you-want weapons. I'm saying that in future events they should bring them back. Basically it's event exclusive, but it will be available again in later events or mini-events (and not farmable a la Harvester/Grustrag)

It would be nice to get some of the simpler weapons, like Ether daggers or Machete that were removed from the market. Even if it is only added temporarily or added to Login rewards (with gorgon, glaive, grakata etc).

That's what the Discontinued Weapons list will be. It will include weapons like Gorgon, Ether daggers, Machete, Boar, etc. Some of them would make sense as clan-tech (Gorgon being the Grineer Supra).

Then what about those who participated in the past events to get their LIMITED edition rewards? The whole point of LIMITED edition weapons, like the Vandal series, is that they are all LIMITED to the community and are only available for a LIMITED time.

At no point did DE say that event weapon rewards (Wraith/Vandals) were 100% limited to that specific event. They'd alluded to the possibility that they may be made available again at a later time, more than likely as event rewards.

I would really like for the vandals and wraith versions of anything to be an upgrade of the regular and to be harder to get. 

With WarFrames being prime and all is not much of my concern since they are just reskined versions with some polarity changes, but the weapons do get an stat change, usually a straight upgrade, making the regular not only obsolete, but totally outclassed on every aspect.  So making the vandal / wraith (I think also the primes) upgrades of the regular versions makes sense to me. Once they get lvl 30 and whatever materials, bp's or parts you can upgrade it.

Discontinued weapons list has been updated with the discontinued weapons I know of.

If anyone notices that I missed a discontinued weapon, please let me know!

Edit: also changed the Snipetron Vandal's "re-introduction" to have a note in it. I did not want to make it seem like it would be easy to get. It would only be available as a reward from very special mini-event missions.

• SNIPETRON
How it can be reintroduced:
With the Detron, there is a new precident that Corpus are expanding into Anti-Grineer weaponry. There is very little reason why the Snipetron can't fire a physical bullet, but it's effect would have to be changed. Give it a plasma trail when firing (the effect would look like a long, straight beam, a la railgun moa). By having it work more like a railgun and not a traditional sniper rifle, it becomes much more corpus like. And no, the Lanka is NOT a railgun, its projectile is not worthy.

The Snipetron? A Railgun? With fancy energy trails?!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. 

While I'm a bit on the fence about reintroducing the Vandal variant, I see no reason why they can't bring back the standard issue one, especially if they simply changed the projectiles to railgun blasts. Just as long as they improve that 4 second reload speed. That was just appalling. More or less agree with everything else. A lot of those retired weapons just need small buffs and they can have a home in Clan research (especially the Gorgon; it may not be Soma caliber but it still has a niche as one of the few high impact rifles).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Maybe ave wraith/discon weapons drop from their respective mob counterparts. Not necessarily if their using them?

Ex.: scorpion drops machete bp rarely and wraith M even rarer. Wait is the machete the cleaver the marines have?

As for weapons w/out a counterpart and vandals maybe they only rarely appear a bonus event rewards along with the new item or whatever

Edited by dukelego

I think not that to put the weapons of vent(blowhole) (wraith vandal) has arrangement(measure) be a good thing you wanted weapons he(it) needed to play the game(set,play) before crying and that's all there is to it stop I have weapons exclusive and I have not desire(envy) to see of other one with thank you it is finished turn over a page(turn over a new leaf) and forget but seriousness? To leave the exclusive note with his(her,its) truth definition pls it is the open door has anything

I'm on the fence at the moment regarding event weapons such as Strun/Viper/Machete Wraiths, but limiting them as event exclusives (in that they can only be obtained through events) is really the best course of action in my opinion. 

I'm not advocating for their release as weapons that can be farmed/obtained with ease, but rather that some time in the (far?) future they should be recycled as rewards in events.

But the discontinued weapons are a much bigger issue in my opinion because it would be very easy to re-implement them with only a few tweaks (Snipetron may need a slight makeover or alteration to its firing effect, making it the weapon that would require the most work to re-implement).

the Lanka is NOT a railgun, its projectile is not worthy.

Indeed. Railguns should be hitscan.

Maybe a skin called "Greedy Milk" that paints the gun in a black and white cow fashion?

I didn't feel I was owed anything, but now that you went and suggested that... Greedy Mode engaged. Want GM skin.

I agree with re-releasing the retired weapons, like Boar and Ether Daggers. The Wraith variants, I'm not sure about. They were event weapons, but aren't "exclusive". The only thing that's truly exclusive is the Founder gear, so I believe that should stay to the Founders. 

Maybe Wraith weapons are like the Brakk. They are early access for event winners/players and they get to enjoy them early, but then they're re released to the rest of us. 

-Jin

I agree with re-releasing the retired weapons, like Boar and Ether Daggers. The Wraith variants, I'm not sure about. They were event weapons, but aren't "exclusive". The only thing that's truly exclusive is the Founder gear, so I believe that should stay to the Founders. 

Maybe Wraith weapons are like the Brakk. They are early access for event winners/players and they get to enjoy them early, but then they're re released to the rest of us. 

-Jin

Event weapons like Wraith/Vandals were restricted to events for a reason, they're LIMITED EDITION, and if you didn't do the event enough times to get the reward, too bad. Don't even hope that they'll come back.

As for retired weps [ie; Ether Daggers] yes please.