Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept - Female Stealth/ninja Frame - Mirage

(PSN)PD_33

CONGRATZ! Your Warframe is now officially the DE's property. They have made a new warframe named Mirage. Cant wait to try her out. I think the concept is yours!

Looks like they won't be keeping the abilities the same and will be going with more of the manipulator/harlequin feel. But still, congratz its your idea.

Just because it has the name doesn't mean it's the same frame.

Mirage isn't exactly a super unique name.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because it has the name doesn't mean it's the same frame.

Mirage isn't exactly a super unique name.

True, but her ability, hall of mirrors is similar to that of which was described in the description of this concept of Mirage, so yea its kinda inspired by this i guess. And Harlequin was mentioned here, and mirage has an alternate helmet named harlequin, exactly looking like the pic which was shown in this concept. :p 

• 2 weeks later...

i already said it, its the mary sue frame : D

It is kind of funny. Me the most hated PS4 player in all of the game, and they take my Warframe idea into their game. Hillarious.

I am still laughing guys. That's great.

So I guess they were reading my posts this whole time. I guess I was wrong for saying bad stuff about DE.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

It is kind of funny. Me the most hated PS4 player in all of the game, and they take my Warframe idea into their game. Hillarious.

I am still laughing guys. That's great.

So I guess they were reading my posts this whole time. I guess I was wrong for saying bad stuff about DE.

are you the most hated?

Just a heads up, don't use art from other artists without their permission.

Also the Mirage DE gave us is an extremely far cry from your concept. I hate to say it, but I don't think they used your idea. There have been a lot of Harlequin Warfra,e Concepts that have been around for nearly a year before yours.

The worst thing you can do now is toot your own horn and let it get to your head. If DE used a fan's concept, they'd give that fan recognition or a "thank you" in some form (like they did with Zephyr).

Also the Mirage DE gave us is an extremely far cry from your concept. I hate to say it, but I don't think they used your idea. There have been a lot of Harlequin Warfra,e Concepts that have been around for nearly a year before yours.

The worst thing you can do now is toot your own horn and let it get to your head. If DE used a fan's concept, they'd give that fan recognition or a "thank you" in some form (like they did with Zephyr).

that is true actually

PD_33

the abilities are really different (except maybe the first)

and if they did use your concept

they would've given you a reward.

that is true actually

PD_33

the abilities are really different (except maybe the first)

and if they did use your concept

they would've given you a reward.

I am fairly sure, Mirage is the concept they used. Not only is the name but also the Helmet idea and the first ability.

Ability 1

Mirror Of Shadows

Costing 25 energy and similar to Loki's Decoy, however this ability isnt thrown across the room, but many copies of your Warframe comes out of your body, and your frame will vanish when the ability is activated for a limited time. So it combines Invisibility/Smoke Screen  with a Decoy Type ability. The amount of copies/mirrors you create depends on the amount ability damage (focus/blind rage) your frame does and duration of the vanish will depend on (duration mods).

But have not given me any credit.

Edited by Letter13
Removed flamebaiting. If you have a problem with how you've been moderated, discuss it privately with said moderator or with DE staff.

Just because one ability is similar doesn't mean they used the idea...

its not similar its exactly the same. I cannot believe this happening. One thing is it  similar but my ability is exactly the same. The only difference is Mirage doesnt vanish when the copies come out. Not oinly is the name of the frame the same, the helmet and first ability. At least they should give me some credit. Its obvious they used my idea.

Like I should lay claim to Vauban's Bounce Pad, or Frosts Snow Globe or Mirage's Prism? Oh, better yet, maybe I should lay claim to Nekros, because one of my ideas had a picture with a ribcage nearly exactly like it?

Just because you made a concept similar, does not make the final product yours, sir. DE have been very clear on what inspirations they use from the community and if yours formed the basis of Mirage, then I am sure they will correct that... however I think the other repliers are correct in this case. The similarities are close, but not nearly close enough to be considered a precursor to the Mirage as we know it today.

its not similar its exactly the same. I cannot believe this happening. One thing is it  similar but my ability is exactly the same. The only difference is Mirage doesnt vanish when the copies come out. Not oinly is the name of the frame the same, the helmet and first ability. At least they should give me some credit. Its obvious they used my idea.

#1, and #4 are only similar to the current Mirage, and in all honesty DE has given past credit to fan concepts (Nova, and Zephyr) I am pretty sure they would have given it if they had used this thread. Plus you also have to realize that if they made a Warframe based on illusions there are not many names other than Mirage that would fit the profile (other than Mesmer).

To be fair, if DE used any player's concept they would contact the player either by PM or let them know on the thread. So far what I see (and from what I saw before you changed your thread around) was a female ninja frame with shadow attacks--you had even used the female Ash image before you radically changed the concept.

Also, you can't claim something that DE might have in the works. I've seen like twenty concepts--with and without art--of frames that have clones that do damage that have been around longer than your concept, not to mention the name Mirage is also rather generic (see above, Mesmer--there's only so many names you can use that are fitting for a female illusionist).

I saw your post on the wiki. Mirage is the copyright of DE, and just because you came up with something similar does not mean that Mirage was created by you.

If DE added something in the game similar to a suggestion I came up with, but gave me no credit, I'd be incredibly happy to see something I envisioned come to life.

Edited by Gammaion

Ahemm;

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

"2. Digital Extremes owns every aspect of the game Warframe. No created content, weapons, names, accounts, or any items within the game belong to the account holder. The game license between you and Warframe is limited and does not grant you any ownership rights for the Open Beta or the Game."

You contributed indirectly to the game bro, that alone should make you proud, trying to claim her as your own is not Ku browh. DE takes inspiration from the community, and you should be pumped that they potentially found your post inspiring enough to create somethign.

You may have put in hard work into this, I know that isn't easy, but at the end of the day, they are the oens who created it, and you simply suggested it. This is going to make it very hard to argue vs the community or even in a court of law

Edited by Somedude1000

I am fairly sure, Mirage is the concept they used. Not only is the name but also the Helmet idea and the first ability.

Ability 1

Mirror Of Shadows

Costing 25 energy and similar to Loki's Decoy, however this ability isnt thrown across the room, but many copies of your Warframe comes out of your body, and your frame will vanish when the ability is activated for a limited time. So it combines Invisibility/Smoke Screen  with a Decoy Type ability. The amount of copies/mirrors you create depends on the amount ability damage (focus/blind rage) your frame does and duration of the vanish will depend on (duration mods).

But have not given me any credit.

you're idea's stealth

official Mirage is light

or illusions through light

Edited by Hunter126