The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dear De] So 20 Oxi-Nonsense For...

TaikoKhan

I managed to get swarmed by the G3, and my 'team mates' were useless. This is what I get for playing with PUGs, I know. But here's the thing. Those damn stalker-wannabes can just swarm me again, and stick another damn bolt on my frame. And that'll cost me another 20 oxi-nonsense. Assuming they even spawn at all.

RIght. Kappa. So I go farm there and find 20 oxi-nonsense just to get this damn bolt off of my frame?

Quit whining and get over it? 20 oxi is far too freaking high for a one-shot that can be replanted. So don't get rid of this mark of shame?

I seriously wonder if causal gamers have been taken into account at all. Maybe for people who spend dozens of hours running Kappa it's fine, I'm sure you all have oxi in the triple figures by now.

Wouldn't it be nice if that blasted bolt came off by defeating the G3?

TL;DR: 20 oxi is too much for a one-shot. Please consider lowering the amount or having it unlock by defeating the G3. Thank you for reading.

Wouldn't it be nice if that blasted bolt came off by defeating the G3?

TL;DR: 20 oxi is too much for a one-shot. Please consider lowering the amount or having it unlock by defeating the G3. Thank you for reading.

That's gonna be twice as difficult with the bolt on, though.

but... kappa is litterally one run for 20-50

This. Kappa is the only reasonable place to farm Oxium...otherwise it's hell trying to get that stupid 600 for Zephyr.

...not even including the cost to actually research it.

You won't when you realize that having the bolt on cripples you against the G3. You'd either get carried to a win by your team, or you would lose.

not necessarily. it'll be a more difficult fight, but considering killing each one of them on average is only going to be a handful of shots to start with, needing double that is far from terrible.

RIght. Kappa. So I go farm there and find 20 oxi-nonsense just to get this damn bolt off of my frame?

Quit whining and get over it? 20 oxi is far too freaking high for a one-shot that can be replanted. So don't get rid of this mark of shame?

I seriously wonder if causal gamers have been taken into account at all. Maybe for people who spend dozens of hours running Kappa it's fine, I'm sure you all have oxi in the triple figures by now.

First: Your complaint on getting 20 oxium is invalid because you can literally get that much in a relatively short Kappa run. I suppose that seems too hardcore for you, but I think the negative consequence for losing to mini-bosses provide much needed challenge to this game. Makes you more on your toes you know? 

However, that does not mean that your underlying argument that the ingredients needed to craft the bolt remover being to ridiculous is wrong. I'm surprised you fixated on such an easy resource to farm such as oxium while ignoring the other more difficult to farm resources IMO of 1x neurode and 1x neural sensor.

In this case, I agree that is clearly too harsh for casual/new players that unwittingly trigger the Grustrag Three by participating in the invasion missions.

Second:

I found it laughable that you suggested that your bolt be removed upon defeating the GS3 again. While that bolt is on you, all damage to any Grineer enemies is reduced, making your 2nd fight even more difficult.

Third:

9cc.jpg

First: Your complaint on getting 20 oxium is invalid because you can literally get that much in a relatively short Kappa run. I suppose that seems too hardcore for you, but I think the negative consequence for losing to mini-bosses provide much needed challenge to this game. Makes you more on your toes you know? 

Actually, having just run Kappa, I concede the point about 20 oxium. I retract my original reaction.

You'd either get carried to a win by your team, or you would lose.

Good luck in Online. "I already have Brakk, not fighting them" - and they run off. And "veterans" wonder why new players don't think they're deserving of respect.

And yes, the requirement for a neural sensor and neurode seems much more annoying.

Good luck in Online. "I already have Brakk, not fighting them" - and they run off. And "veterans" wonder why new players don't think they're deserving of respect.

And yes, the requirement for a neural sensor and neurode seems much more annoying.

There's people like that?

That explains some of that yelling...

And neurode isn't so bad, as they're easy to get.

Neural sensor, though...

Add them to the void! Have the void cycle through rare materials!

Bolt removal recipe serves as punishment. You failed to survive and you have to pay.

Maybe instead of whining about costs think about your mistakes and stop making them.

As you said already if you cant trust pugs then dont run with them.

@Davoodoo: because of course they only show up when everyone's in levelled frames with good weapons, and they don't scale to the group at all...

Bear in mind it's not always easy to solo them.

I'd agree with you on pubs, but it's difficult to connect with people ingame. Tried inviting some buddies from other games, but they hit Earth back when it was still Eviscerator city and they'd had enough. Between Earth's ridiculous difficulty jump and the generally awful starting experience for new players, they've not wanted to come back. That's kind of tainted other friends' view of the game too.

@Warriorrogue: unfortunately there are people like that, yes.

As for neural sensors, I'd like if they could be added to Phobos. It'd make the place at least worthwhile for one resource... don't think there's anything else there at the moment that makes the planet compelling, unless you're farming Trinity parts.

they do scale btw

I know, I was pointing this out through light sarcasm. But I see that the statement taken in that context seems contradictory. Point was that, if in a group, the scaling will expect players to take them on together rather than solo, and that screws the guy who gets left alone to try and fight for his Brakk part.

And yes, the emblem does actually look pretty sweet. If only it didn't come with a debuff and that cancer-sore on the leg...

@Davoodoo: because of course they only show up when everyone's in levelled frames with good weapons, and they don't scale to the group at all...

Bear in mind it's not always easy to solo them.

Tbh it was easy encounter for me, but i cant say it will be such to everyone.

Also with deathmark notifications you knew they may spawn, you accepted that risk by going in with half modded weapons.

Have we finally arrived? People are really starting to complain about the slightest amount of effort you have to put into the game?

This person is actually complaining about having to farm 20 Oxium.

While this person was wasting his time to log on the forum, creating a new topic, typing his complaint he already could have farmed 50 Oxium from 1 Kappa run.

What is wrong with people?

And for the encounter: Bring your Vauban, Trin or your 25 energy Rhino and chain stomp them.

Probably the same thing that leads people to deride others over issues resolved in thread.

Tbh it was easy encounter for me, but i cant say it will be such to everyone.

Also with deathmark notifications you knew they may spawn, you accepted that risk by going in with half modded weapons.

Really, did you really just say that? So, a person gets a deathmark, and because the game is so poorly balanced, they should just halt all progress on frames and weapons they want to work on so they can wait until they are attacked enough times that all deathmarks are removed? You do know that is the way deathmarks work, right? It is not just 1 deathmark then you are done, they accumulate; unless DE has made the G3 different from Stalker and Harvester, which is unlikely.

So, you are basically telling players, "Wait for the RNG to bless you by always being in your best equipment for an unknown number of times —remember, there is no way for a player to know how many deathmarks they have— which could take anywhere from an hour to months, while making no actual progress on different equipment." That is some brilliant advice.

I really hope that is not DE's attitude as well. The game needs to be properly balanced; saying, "Just stay in your best equipment 24/7," is not the answer.

Edited by Psroij