Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Mastery Rank A Meaning

kazenioware

I am certain that someone posted that before :)

You really need to need to give the masteryrank some meaning.

i am mr 14 right now and my enthusiasm to reach the next one is preeetty low right now.

Maybe some gamelevels you can only reach through mastery. (has to be a diffferent tileset though otherwise it d be obsolete)

Maybe some reward, say weapon slots, exxlusive weapons, mods or equipment, forma (reactor or catalyst), platin or...

Maybe some frames (primes perhaps) you have to prove yourself worthy. and btw you can do that for ALL the frames that you have two pass a rank to unlock a frame. Could be the number you can possess at a time or the frames you have access to.

Maybe some special moves or features like integrating a mod from another frametype at twice the cost. (THAT would be a cool feature)

Maybe the Mastery Rank test could correlate with the reward

Maybe... (but than again thats your job DE p.s. Zephyr is nice:)

After all WF is a grinding game, so by all means, give the grinding some variety.

Edited by kazenioware

For me, the only useful feature for me (which I already 15 for a month now) is to get more trade per day :P Other than that, there is nothing really interest me do kept on going.

They should have had implement more features for Mastery Rank but seem to be this is not the right time for them since they still busy on bring the PC and PS4 to the same build...and they are busy on doing the melee2.0 and end game contents...

Edited by ExorcistEX

Soon™

Seriously though, search about the endgame plans for Warframe. These are just some examples of what future use Mastery Levels will have, and you can be sure as hell they won't be the only ones, as more are sure to come later on.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Soon™

Seriously though, search about the endgame plans for Warframe. These are just some examples of what future use Mastery Levels will have, and you can be sure as hell they won't be the only ones, as more are sure to come later on.

Since i started playing WF awhile ago and climbing the ranks i kept wondering also for awhile why we need them besides some weapons demanding it.

Endgame? When would that be? That sounds pretty vage to me. This is a grinding game (continuous / endless and if a gameflow stalls that is lead to dwindling interest in any grinding game) and that get its fuel from stuff (eg like D2 or BL1&2) and achievements that do have relevance (like charpoints, traits or perks) not just a number i simply don't care for.

And that answers...

It does have a meaning.

E-peen

...my opinion on E-p33ns or e-W33n3rs or whatever. If your tool doesn't work anymore it doesn't matter how big it gets.

And if we stick to... this methapor, then all i am saying is this: it's time for a blue pill to stay in wonderland this time.

Edited by kazenioware

Endgame? When would that be? That sounds pretty vage to me.

When? When it's ready.

The original post was made by Steve on the Design Council, so I can't direct you there. Still, it has since been mentioned on a recent livestream and reposted elsewhere on the forum, so look for those. Keywords are "Focus", "Proxy War" and "Badlands".

EDIT: So turns out I couldn't find anything on this forum, even though I saw it being reposted outside of the DC. Just check this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1wxhe6/de_steve_gives_us_an_overview_of_some_of_his/ or watch Livestream 22

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Isent that new "Focus" mode being implemented soonish? each mastery rank leads through a full choice power tree and as you get higher you get more and more single use kind of ULTIMATE GOD OP powers to use once a mission. Saw it on a devstream.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not only the mastery rank that feels somehow a bit disconnected from the rest of the game.

But this is not just examplary.

It's a HUGE junction between a variety of other elements which could solve a lot.

The "mastery rank" could, if done right, provide structure, game flow, story, weave some elements even better into the game and would make it much, much smoother.

And THAT goes beyond a single element of gameplay, it goes straight to the very core.

Imho of course. (that doesn't mean other games don't share any of those problems too. They do.)

Thanks thanks for the game so far & best of all luck.