Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

...And this is why I still like playing Warframe. It's people like this that really make playing the game fun and inviting.

As for AirMech, for those of you who don't know, it is a remake of an old classic: Herzog Zwei.

Here's a link to a brief rundown and gameplay for Herzog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EaIIY_gkw 

AirMech is a fun game that's easy to learn but hard to master. Just check out AreYouWhy's youtube channel for a ton of gamplay footage, especially some of the high skill games. http://www.youtube.com/user/areyouwhy0x

As for the whole "head as a trophy" thing... in AirMech there are cosmetics for your mech, ranging from a Dragon Mask to various Skulls. What these do is replace your normal AirMech head with a whatever cosmetic you equipped. That's what AirMech gets if they win, a Warframe head for their mech so they can look cool. Why not try AirMech out and see for yourself?

In any case, I've enjoyed both games for quite awhile. I'm so happy Warframe came to the PS4 as that is my only game for it so far lol. May the best game win!

Haha, yup. I just had a good look at AirMech. It looks like a fun and competitive game. I'm personally not really into super competitive games, but if you're into that, AirMech actually looks really fun.

As for the cosmetics thing, we should get one too if we win! 

How about some sort of Sentinel or Sentinel skin(?) that makes our sentinel look like one of their mechs? :D

VICTORY IS OURS AIRMECH!!!

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

AND WHEN WE'RE THROUGH WITH YOU!

WE WILL PERSONALLY THROW! ALL YOUR AIRMECHS!

INTO THE SUN!!!!!!

DID THEY REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?

Edit: Someone should put this on their thread:

http://youtu.be/IvKzmcJWU6M

Direct link: 

Edited by Xandis

DID THEY REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?

Edit: Someone should put this on their thread:

http://youtu.be/IvKzmcJWU6M

Direct link: 

We should save that for when we come back from losing in the polls(since we always seem to have a lower vote count in the first few hours). Wait until they're celebrating having more votes, then BAM "DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY!?" and then the glorious Moon Clans ride in and cast their votes.

We should save that for when we come back from losing in the polls(since we always seem to have a lower vote count in the first few hours). Wait until they're celebrating having more votes, then BAM "DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY!?" and then the glorious Moon Clans ride in and cast their votes.

Oooh yes!

I like that!

Everyone knows airmech is done

Mabi and Warframe is a close competition but i have faith in our community!

We will defeat you!

Even the Loki master race wont stand a chance against our....elves.....

I was the one who introduced this guy to warframe^

I was around since closed beta however, back before mod system even came out.

As for the whole "head as a trophy" thing... in AirMech there are cosmetics for your mech, ranging from a Dragon Mask to various Skulls. What these do is replace your normal AirMech head with a whatever cosmetic you equipped. That's what AirMech gets if they win, a Warframe head for their mech so they can look cool. Why not try AirMech out and see for yourself?

Imitation is the highest form of praise. 

tumblr_mty2deQR9M1s46koto5_250.gif

You guys are just troll, whatever i'm out. I don't care much anyway. And nope, i didn't sign up, i was signed up since months ago, but didn't play! Just logged in ;)

You took this too seriously as well mate, you had to literally make an account just to bash the forums? *Slow clap*

You don't know crap about Warframe if you just logged in. Steps to beating Warframe in your case.

1. Log in. YOU WIN!

Smooth... I doubt you could even beat Terminus without leaching... Wait you didn't even consider beating the tutorial. Sorry, thought you knew what Terminus is.

...And this is why I still like playing Warframe. It's people like this that really make playing the game fun and inviting.

As for AirMech, for those of you who don't know, it is a remake of an old classic: Herzog Zwei.

Here's a link to a brief rundown and gameplay for Herzog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EaIIY_gkw

AirMech is a fun game that's easy to learn but hard to master. Just check out AreYouWhy's youtube channel for a ton of gamplay footage, especially some of the high skill games. http://www.youtube.com/user/areyouwhy0x

In any case, I've enjoyed both games for quite awhile. I'm so happy Warframe came to the PS4 as that is my only game for it so far lol. May the best game win!

Okay... shall they vote on head trophies or whatever. It doesnt matter. They will not get them. Because we will win.

Too bad i will be at work when the poll starts. I will accompany you later, tenno.

Edited by WEREsandrock

Oh my god, you guys are sooooo funny that even donkey can laugh with you XD You guys are taking this voting too much seriously like it's the end of the world and we need to win AirMech! Seriously? You are comparing a game where it had thousands of ads on internet with a game where nobody even know, and just because devs want your head skin on their game you think they insulted you? EH? Think ppl. Be happy that our devs even want Warframe skin on their game lol and they are asking us which one we want, how friendly devs they are. I have played Warframe and i liked the game, but when i saw this post how community is .. I wouldn't recommend this game to be played. Good game with bad people MEH! Good luck anyway.

ronni202- AirMech player.

Oh great, way to represent your own community. A good handful of my fellow forum users haven't really trashed the game. Mostly had fun with the poll and we actually wish AirMech players the best. Unfortunately you haven't quite understood that. Neither have you fully grasped what our community is all about. In my whole year playing this game I've not met anybody that I really hate or find completely obnoxious.

Perhaps you should reconsider, instead of making assumptions. I don't assume everyone on the AirMech forums are complete jerk-weeds because of your post. So neither should you.

Edited by Sutherland

Oh great, way to represent your own community. A good handful of my fellow forum users haven't really trashed the game. Mostly had fun with the poll and we actually wish AirMech players the best. Unfortunately you haven't quite understood that. Neither have you fully grasped what our community is all about. In my whole year playing this game I've not met anybody that I really hate or find completely obnoxious.

Perhaps you should reconsider, instead of making assumptions. I don't assume everyone on the AirMech forums are complete jerk-weeds because of your post. So neither should you.

Dont feed, he has 3 posts, he made his account yesterday just so he could post here, and you are feeding him, he doesnt know the comunity, he wasnt here long enough to know we are joking around most of the time, he doesnt know how our comunity works, he has 3 posts, all of them are uncostructive and childish, and he has been a member for 1 day..... again DONT FEED.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Imitation is the highest form of praise.

That's sorta the point. AirMech has gotten a handful of cosmetics based on other games. It isn't an insult in any way. It's a nod to a great game. We have an alternate skin for our suicide units to make them look like Minecraft Creepers. Then we got an APB mech skin based on APB Reloaded, among other stuff. All of these things have descriptions and in their descriptions is brief praise for the game they are based off of and a link to the official site for the game.

To top it off, we have a player market akin to the auction house in Warframe. We are able to sell or buy our collected stuff. These special skins/cosmetics typically end up being very valuable. At one point the APB skin was going for 2000-3000 Diamonds.(our version of plat) That's close to 5 USD, the Warframe cosmetic would likely be much more. So it's not like they are worthless or something.

If AirMech wins and gets a cosmetic, it only helps advertise Warframe. Heck a bunch of people didn't even know what APB Reloaded was, but thanks to the APB skin checked it out. Not that Warframe needs any help advertising but... My point is, if we win it just helps out your game.

With that said, if AirMech does lose the upcoming vote... Then you guys must beat SMITE. Like I said before, may the best game win!

Based on popularity alone I believed that League and Maple Story would end up in the final 4 but I decided to make a random vote for these two in their sections and it seems that Smite and Path of Exile are winning...is this gonna be the showdown of games I haven't heard of??

That's sorta the point. AirMech has gotten a handful of cosmetics based on other games. It isn't an insult in any way. It's a nod to a great game. We have an alternate skin for our suicide units to make them look like Minecraft Creepers. Then we got an APB mech skin based on APB Reloaded, among other stuff. All of these things have descriptions and in their descriptions is brief praise for the game they are based off of and a link to the official site for the game.

To top it off, we have a player market akin to the auction house in Warframe. We are able to sell or buy our collected stuff. These special skins/cosmetics typically end up being very valuable. At one point the APB skin was going for 2000-3000 Diamonds.(our version of plat) That's close to 5 USD, the Warframe cosmetic would likely be much more. So it's not like they are worthless or something.

If AirMech wins and gets a cosmetic, it only helps advertise Warframe. Heck a bunch of people didn't even know what APB Reloaded was, but thanks to the APB skin checked it out. Not that Warframe needs any help advertising but... My point is, if we win it just helps out your game.

With that said, if AirMech does lose the upcoming vote... Then you guys must beat SMITE. Like I said before, may the best game win!

That I like. No kiddie brawls, please, both communities! No matter who wins, both games benefit in terms of exposure. I know that players from the WF forums want to check AM out. They wouldn't know anything about this game if it wasn't for this tournament.

Based on popularity alone I believed that League and Maple Story would end up in the final 4 but I decided to make a random vote for these two in their sections and it seems that Smite and Path of Exile are winning...is this gonna be the showdown of games I haven't heard of??

Well as they are right now, I doubt they can win this without me.

I don't get back until the 31st. They're on their own against PS2.

GOD! All those pessimists running around in that forums isn't going to make things any better either!

Edited by Zarozian

Dont feed, he has 3 posts, he made his account yesterday just so he could post here, and you are feeding him, he doesnt know the comunity, he wasnt here long enough to know we are joking around most of the time, he doesnt know how our comunity works, he has 3 posts, all of them are uncostructive and childish, and he has been a member for 1 day..... again DONT FEED.

Is that you who just posted in the Mabi forums just now?

With this?

tumblr_inline_mwgl7o7XBQ1qcvwe6_zpse87a3

Edited by Zarozian

well, voting starts in less than thirty min.  I say we all get ready and crush any hopes of them (airmech) winning.

Don't even joke around about that.

We already know Warframe is going to win.

You know why?

BECAUSE YOU AND I! AND ALL THE TENNOS HERE!

WE COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER THROUGH MISSIONS GETTING THE MOST KILLS AND DOING THE MOST DAMAGE!

WE COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER THROUGH CLANS! MAKING THE LEADERBOARDS AND RULING THE SECTOR!

But the real reason why we will win.....

IS BECAUSE NOW WE FIGHT TOGETHER! AGAINST ONE ENEMY RATHER THAN AMONGST OURSELVES AND AGAINST EACH OTHER!

AND THAT!  IS WHY WE WILL WIN!

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

And also vote here: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5333306ee4b0f197566abe65

Edited by Zarozian

Just read through the Carbon Forums thread.  Airmech's community is really nice, leaps and bounds better than APB:R and Vindictus.  You guys are lucky to have CarbonJames on board.  He seems to be a really cool guy.

A post by CarbonJames on their forums

I'm a little afraid to go on their forums and post directly since they may mistake that as trolling, but anyone is free to pass along the spirit of our intentions.

Also, for the record, I like the Waframe devs a lot and am really impressed with the game. If AirMech does lose to Warframe, I think the AirMech community should support Warframe through he rest of the contest.

Copy/Paste weirdness.  Forgot the shortcut to return it back to destination formatting.

Upon further reading, he says he knows the Warframe devs and thinks adding skins as homage to Warframe is okay but he needs further confirmation.  As said, this will serve as more advertisement for Warframe.  

I really want to see CarbonJames elaborate more in the Warframe forums and have Tenno also participate in the skin poll, which would result in both communities being more aware of each other. Everyone wins!

Someone should message Rebecca about this so she could discuss this beneficial opportunity with the WF Staff.

If this was a wrestling match, I can imagine Warframe and AirMech shaking hands after the fight.  Don't forget that CarbonJames expressed interest in helping us if we win, so we should do the same for them if they do win.  Like Rocky and Apollo.

For the record, I want Loki Hammerhead Mech to win.