Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Well Warframe's wining, and for a good reason, I've seen a LOT of games in the past 15 years, saw the rise and downfall of some of the greatest, and Warframe has ALL the potential to be up there, possibly even outliving WoW's long life if DE plays their cards right.

I've seen some come close to such feats, look at Ragnarok, or Mabinogi or Maplestory, people still enjoy them, I personally didn't like them but I've been playing some others like Grand Chase, which soon enough will die due to being pretty much P2W after season 3 came on (and that's even worse in a game where pvp is what people do the most)...

Then there's Planetside 2, they can STILL recover and increase their population tenfold, the game feels balanced, plays great, the concept is great, it's not P2W (which is a huge PLUS in my book,since those games alienate their playerbase the least) but the fact that you probably need to grind around 2 years to max out everything is highly unappealing, and in that game variety and adaptability is everything, and you can't really be adaptable if you don't have the tools for the job...not to mention the game has performance issues.

Those are just to mention a few, obviously everyone in here that's been playing games for at least 5 years saw the downfall of a lot of games, mostly due to being P2W (everyone hates P2W games, good example is APB right now)...but Warframe seems to be going in the perfect direction for it to be a gigantic success...mind you, the growth rate is a bit slow, and will probably take some good amount of time, but if DE keeps doing what they do, listening to their players, talking to them, pushing out great reworks of old,buggy and overall bad systems, while adding new things and fixing them if the players say it's broken, then this game just can't go wrong.

While I agree with most of what youre saying, APB isnt Pay2Win currently. The strongest guns you can currently get are the PMG and the Joker Carbine, which are obtainable ingame really easily.

Please dont spread mis-information, tyvm.

While I agree with most of what youre saying, APB isnt Pay2Win currently. The strongest guns you can currently get are the PMG and the Joker Carbine, which are obtainable ingame really easily.

Please dont spread mis-information, tyvm.

It sure was P2W for a whole lot of time, and I ain't going back in that place, that's for sure, if they did it once, they'll do it again.

It sure was P2W for a whole lot of time, and I ain't going back in that place, that's for sure, if they did it once, they'll do it again.

Please post a weapon name next time.

The only pay2win thing was the nano which was obtainable trough joker boxes(hence rare) which took 2-3months to get nerfed.

Edited by eMiKo

Well Warframe's wining, and for a good reason, I've seen a LOT of games in the past 15 years, saw the rise and downfall of some of the greatest, and Warframe has ALL the potential to be up there, possibly even outliving WoW's long life if DE plays their cards right.

I've seen some come close to such feats, look at Ragnarok, or Mabinogi or Maplestory, people still enjoy them, I personally didn't like them but I've been playing some others like Grand Chase, which soon enough will die due to being pretty much P2W after season 3 came on (and that's even worse in a game where pvp is what people do the most)...

Then there's Planetside 2, they can STILL recover and increase their population tenfold, the game feels balanced, plays great, the concept is great, it's not P2W (which is a huge PLUS in my book,since those games alienate their playerbase the least) but the fact that you probably need to grind around 2 years to max out everything is highly unappealing, and in that game variety and adaptability is everything, and you can't really be adaptable if you don't have the tools for the job...not to mention the game has performance issues.

Those are just to mention a few, obviously everyone in here that's been playing games for at least 5 years saw the downfall of a lot of games, mostly due to being P2W (everyone hates P2W games, good example is APB right now)...but Warframe seems to be going in the perfect direction for it to be a gigantic success...mind you, the growth rate is a bit slow, and will probably take some good amount of time, but if DE keeps doing what they do, listening to their players, talking to them, pushing out great reworks of old,buggy and overall bad systems, while adding new things and fixing them if the players say it's broken, then this game just can't go wrong.

I never played wow but i doubt it that warframe will be as big as wow was or is. Warframe also dont have to become that huge but still i think wow is a other league. You can argue if thats good or not, but im glad that warframe dont uses these addiction traps like wow to grow more and more.

I never played wow but i doubt it that warframe will be as big as wow was or is. Warframe also dont have to become that huge but still i think wow is a other league. You can argue if thats good or not, but im glad that warframe dont uses these addiction traps like wow to grow more and more.

about all mmorpgs are addiction traps. And almost all of the so called f2p mmorpgs are p2w.... which makes them a frustrating addiction.

The power of Red Text compels me!

talking about redtext

Warframe gained 2 votes per second at one point, and yes regularly 2 points, can you say with 100% certainty that absolutely nobody on the warframe community cheated? If so step forward.

*steps forward*

so... you came here to argue with us but....you still don't know what redtext is?

It's the perfect explanation why WF gets a high number of votes every now and then.

Of course I can't possible say that no one here cheated (even though, as far as I understood, this poll rigging is only effective if a lot of people do it ) But I can say for sure that NO such scripts / bots were promoted on this forum ~~ Not to mention that obviously our mods DO give a damn about this, while the ones on g1 don't.

-------------

btw... how many more hours till the poll ends?

Edited by WEREsandrock

Warframe and WoW also have nothing in common, outside of them both being video games. While I want to see Warframe do great, I never want to see it turn into the WoW type playerbase. It would never get that large anyway, Warframe is just not that kind of game.

I'm surprised Lineage 2 got crushed by Tera, but I guess Tera is still sort of shiny and new, while Lineage is super old school. Also L2 kinda shot downhill after going free - they may have it in the free to play games list now, but it was sub-based for over 6 years. Tera only lasted one year before having to go free. Lineage 2 wins by simply still existing at all, lol.

I'm surprised Lineage 2 got crushed by Tera, but I guess Tera is still sort of shiny and new, while Lineage is super old school. Also L2 kinda shot downhill after going free - they may have it in the free to play games list now, but it was sub-based for over 6 years. Tera only lasted one year before having to go free. Lineage 2 wins by simply still existing at all, lol.

I looked up Tera and after gathering some information about it, I can really say that I am tempted to try it.

It is also said that it is not p2w, has interesting races (the Amani look awesome) and beautiful graphics.

Little less than 6, I believe.  

Unless APB zergs us with bots, our victory is assured.

57:43 now. *grins*

Right now they are busy verbally slaughtering each other on their forum *hands over popcorn*

edit:

56:44 again ~_~

Edited by WEREsandrock

57:43 now. *grins*

Right now they are busy verbally slaughtering each other on their forum *hands over popcorn*

Their thread actually got locked by one of their mods after a bunch of infighting.

Pity that mod wasn't around when that bot was posted.

*update*

A mod closed their topic: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/349046-mmobombs-ultimate-f2p-tournament-showdown-continued/page__view__findpost__p__3622653

*tries hard not to laugh*

Their thread actually got locked by one of their mods after a bunch of infighting.

Pity that mod wasn't around when that bot was posted.

yus, seen it

Edited by WEREsandrock

I feel kinda bad seeing the APB community like that. I used to play APB, its a really funny game, very well balanced, with the best character customization ever. I stopped because its a game full of hackers and cheaters, the game is abandoned by the developers, and the community is a stressful and toxic environment. It seems things actually got worse around there. I'm glad we have a healthy and friendly community here in Warframe. And GG guys we won the pool.

LOL. Reading through some of the pages in the forum thread in APB, I can't help but feel the community luuv in Warframe, man. <33

You already have like, "I voted for Warframe" in like the first page. It really reflects something about the community there. Lol.

I looked up Tera and after gathering some information about it, I can really say that I am tempted to try it.

It is also said that it is not p2w, has interesting races (the Amani look awesome) and beautiful graphics.

Tera is really a beautiful game, and I would certainly pick it up to at least play through the progression - I loved it, until I hit endgame. Then it fell flat on its face, but it's been a year since I quite so I imagine there is tons more to do now (I hope!). I abandoned the game in the end, but I felt sad leaving that world. I loved the real time combat, it certainly has its good points. It's free now anyway, so no loss if you don't like it :)

To be on topic, nice job Warframe :) I'm not big on popularity polls (I dont' feel they are accurate, and people tend to cheat at anything online if at all possible)...but it's nice seeing our game get this far (I will assume Tenno are not cheating on polls, because I choose to believe we are honorable! lol).

Tera is really a beautiful game, and I would certainly pick it up to at least play through the progression - I loved it, until I hit endgame. Then it fell flat on its face, but it's been a year since I quite so I imagine there is tons more to do now (I hope!). I abandoned the game in the end, but I felt sad leaving that world. I loved the real time combat, it certainly has its good points. It's free now anyway, so no loss if you don't like it :)

To be on topic, nice job Warframe :) I'm not big on popularity polls (I dont' feel they are accurate, and people tend to cheat at anything online if at all possible)...but it's nice seeing our game get this far (I will assume Tenno are not cheating on polls, because I choose to believe we are honorable! lol).

Indeed, if I were to pick from any korean-type MMORPGs like that, TERA would be my first pick, it just outshines everything, especially that old overrated WoW...the combat is absolutely flawless, the graphics are a god damn eye candy especially in Pora Elinu, or what was the name of that region...It's not P2W and skill actually matters in that game, I literally just soloed the WHOLE game with a Amani Lancer, except for 2-3 instances...and that was before they nerfed the BAMs to where they die in 30 secs, down from 4-5 min.