The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Making Ripline Effect Other Tenno...

Salenstormwing

...at least outside dueling rings.

Ended up getting trolled by a Valkyr using Ripline on my team when we tried to collect datamasses. Person would start working on the puzzle, get pulled away by Troll Valkyr.

If folks are gunna abuse the power, just disable it's use to pull friendlies, and let it be enemy-only.

Please.

Ripline seems to work similarly to how Pull for Mag worked in its initial inception; I think that instead of pulling other players, Ripline should pull yourself to that player (like Ash's teleport). There is no benefit to forcibly moving any player via the power of another player: I agree.

EDIT: Loki's Switch Teleport is different in the sense that it accurately teleports players; Ripline doesnt pull the player exactly to the point you want it to, it usually just sorta flings them around...

Edited by 8bit_Ghost

How about an option to "OPT OUT" of such options? Or better yet... give pulling a target multiple times. Because if I could only get pulled 1 time during 30 seconds, I wouldn't have a problem, and the troll could only troll me once.

The fact is the trolls make it so folks can't have nice things.

52252-SpiderMan--This-Is-Why-We-Cant-4px

Edited by Salenstormwing

I have been in many games with Valkyr users, and I have never seen a single one use rip-line in a helpful manner on other players.

I have never personally experienced a Valkyr player pulling another player off a control panel, but I have seen many pull people out of extraction point just for the lulz.

Maybe make it work like switch teleport so the power doesn't effect people at extraction?

How about an option to "OPT OUT" of such options? Or better yet... give pulling a target multiple times. Because if I could only get pulled 1 time during 30 seconds, I wouldn't have a problem, and the troll could only troll me once.

The fact is the trolls make it so folks can't have nice things.

52252-SpiderMan--This-Is-Why-We-Cant-4px

Best option so far. Turn on or off in options.

i'd rather not remove that great effect from THIS power too.

Pull already lost that great feature. 

i'd actually like to see more Powers have useful things like this. 

an opt-out is simple enough. 

honestly, if someone is going to troll that much in a mission, i'll just leave and do the mission without that person. i'm not about to sit around a let someone get in my way. 

Lol u got trolled. Suk it up princess

I know what happened. But... I got a feedback forum available as well, so I can at least promote a dialog about abusive frame powers. Also, I know how to spell and capitalize words appropriately.

Anyways, back to the discussion...

Reputation system, Opt-In/Opt-Out, Adjusting the Power, 3 totally doable options for the devs to consider.

Edited by Salenstormwing

Rip Line on allies CAN BE HELPFUL!

Same thing with Loki. He also can be annoying, if a player use it for trolling allies, but can be also useful while supporting Frosts and Rhinos on parkour rooms.

No. Quit whining and suck it up. Trolls are everywhere and will abuse every piece that they can get their hands on, ignore them or just leave and host invite only runs. If this gets removed it won't stop them from doing other things to troll players, all it does is just removes an option that made the game interesting in terms of its player to player interaction for support.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki