The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair To The Glaive Prime!

pmorales50

I dont know who to ask this question to or to find any answers. i have been playing warframe for awhile. Now there are Prime weapons which usually has a regular counterpart. Now the Prime weapon is usually higher in some point of there specs for example more damage or more ammo etc. So how come the glaive and glaive prime are exactly the same? Can someone explain this to me? I just read all the new updates and nothing has been done for the Glaive. I truly like using the glaive in my gameplay. To me its one of the best weapons to use in the game. Who can we address this to? Am I the only one that feels like this? Let me know with your POST and lets stop the injustice to the GLAIVE!!!!

even with whirlwind i don't notice any difference in flight speed.

When you check this, are you measuring flight time or flight distance? Because I initially thought that whirlwind was useless, but it turns out that the Glaive Prime (and probably the normal and Kestrel as well) fly for x seconds, not x metres. Whirlwind *massively* increases the distance your Glaive travels - when I tested it in ODD, I was able to hit the entrances from the pod. In rooms smaller than the Glaive's flight distance, you get a little bonus to your fire rate (charge time makes the most difference here) using Whirlwind. The main benefit, at least to me, is being able to headshot moving targets more easily.

The Glaive Prime does fly faster than the normal one, fast enough to forego Whirlwind at least for me. That in itself is a pretty big advantage since you need to use 3 mods on the regular Glaive just to alter its behavior (Whirlwind, Quick Return and Power Throw) that add no damage. Having an extra slot for a damage mod helps keep the Glaive Prime viable for a few more levels.

That said, I would like to see it do more damage than the regular one as well.

Im a big Glaive fan. Its one of the best melee weapons to use in the game IMO. Now many weapons have a prime alternate and 99% of these prime alternates are boosted up more than there regular counterparts in some shape or form. So why are the 2 glaives exactly the same. This is so unfair to the GLAIVE Prime, to the fans that use it, and for the ones that spent multiple hours and days farming for the parts. This needs to be addressed in some way it is only fair don't you all think so? Add your post here and let us be heard so maybe in the next update Glaive Prime can get some due respect and Justice !

I have been using the glaive almost since it came out. I have been playing that long and truly there is not that big a difference in flight speed between the two. In doesnt justify being a Prime weapon imo. I would rather see a little more damage or proc like all the the other prime weapons.  

not by that much and it doesnt justify being a prime especially with whirlwind in effect. You put whirlwind on the glaive and the glaive prime and the fly almost the same. Try it and you will see.

Edited by pmorales50