Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Rhino Prime Part Prices

It really is basic economics, they have a product people are willing to pay for,  Yes the prices are stupid high and I'd certainly never pay that much. but they have the parts and people will pay for the parts.  The prices will go down once more people get their hands on the part and it isn't something everyone wants.

I'd hardly call it taking advantage of people though,  That's like saying you are taking advantage of your boss because he's willing to pay you more than minimum wage.

No matter how bad I want it, I'm only getting the most expensive Prime Access.

That discounted plat + everything else is the deal of the century.

I suppose. Ankyros Prime are very handsome. Noru Prime Syandana clips really, really badly with some weapons and tends to look a mess though.

But I'm really only talking about Trading Rhino Parts. I'm also speaking is a very general sense. I wasn't really directing that at you specifically so much as just adding my thoughts after what you posted.

I suppose. Ankyros Prime are very handsome. Noru Prime Syandana clips really, really badly with some weapons and tends to look a mess though.

But I'm really only talking about Trading Rhino Parts. I'm also speaking is a very general sense. I wasn't really directing that at you specifically so much as just adding my thoughts after what you posted.

I suppose.

But on the point, don't forget that buying it comes with a slot and a potato, plus it's pre-built.

So you're saving materials, plat, and time.

I suppose.

But on the point, don't forget that buying it comes with a slot and a potato, plus it's pre-built.

So you're saving materials, plat, and time.

For many people that'd still be just a bit rich blooded. Some people have a lot of trouble parting with that kind of money all on one game, you know? Can't be helped. It doesn't make on sort of person wrong or the other right. That is just how it is.

Sure, that is a lot of swag. But I could buy a ton of complete games from Steam anytime for the same money.

Actually, those are only temporary prices (will go down in a half a month or so...). Well.... Rhino Chassis - I can admit I'd sell this only for 40p as some ppl are willing to even buy it for 60-80(rly?!). 40p 'coz it's hard to get, other stuff, normal prices of 10p each piece maybe 15p. 

It's mostly because it's so new, in time the prices will drop a lot. It also depends on the part, the Systems don't sell for much but if you look at how diluted the T3 Survival drop table is (not to mentioned each run requiring a minimum of 20 minutes) there simply aren't that many Chassis parts around so there's a lot more demand than supply.

People don't realize that there is a very finite amount of people that both have the plat and are willing to buy at those prices. And most of those people already bought their parts.

Then the second wave of sellers heard of this and are now trying to replicate the same results at the same price to make a quick buck. But the demand shrunk already. In the end it's about what people are willing to pay and the first wave of sales tends to be very quick. So many of those latecomers will be forced to go down in price eventually, unless they get lucky with occasional straggler here and there.

Also, more people spamming the chat means it takes longer to make a sale at the given price. High price spam in the trade chat is the biggest sign of incoming price drop. Now when you see single posts from different people infrequently, that's when you know that the price is still high.

Either way you can't really do much about it, so why bother worrying over it?

Edited by LocoWithGun

46976993.jpg

I don't really care to be honest.

If someone is stupid enough to buy a single part at that price it's just another way of supporting the game.

I know that I'm going to get it by farming, like all my other weapons/frames

Lets look at the actual price of Rhino prime. First we can buy him outright with the second level of prime access for $82.99. This comes with the Boltor Prime and the Ahkyros Prime which when coupled with 1050 plat are worth $51.99. This leaves $31 but we also still have 1575 plat which is worth 137.31 (cheaper to buy 2100 at 109.99) which is a lot more then the $31 we have left over. Plus you get two icons valued at 30 plat + a frame slot 20 plat and a potato 20 plat for a total of 70 plat in extras or roughly another $5.49.

You can see where this is going... 

According to that prime deal everything is 44.61% off roughly. so the list works out to;

Charge bundle $46.39 (regular $104)

1575 plat for $49.06 (or $61.25)

Extras $2.44

Total $97.89

Still leaving nothing for the value of rhino prime compared to paying 400 plat (not to mention you get all those extras). 

If anything I would consider the price of the parts relative to the number of runs. So at 400 plat and keys sell for 5 plat then this price would be reasonable if it takes me more then 80 runs to find all the parts. But then again finding keys is pretty easy so first I would have to go through the 20+ of each key I had before I even considered buying them. Which again brings the value of the parts down to nothing. 

Like other people said its the buyers paying these prices which is causing the issue. Somewhat like the leg core... let me pay 400 plat for a core that can only make a mod worth at most 200 plat... seems reasonable.

Like other people said its the buyers paying these prices which is causing the issue. Somewhat like the leg core... let me pay 400 plat for a core that can only make a mod worth at most 200 plat... seems reasonable.

While I like to think that people should be responsible consumers, you can hardly blame buyers for this. It's more the opportunists and the gold rushers that try to make the lightning strike twice afterwards that are delaying the inevitable price drop.

whatever you're willing to pay for it. just factor in 75 plat is $5. so if rhino prime parts aren't worth $5 to you dont pay more than 75 plat. if you cant find anyone willing to sell to you at your price then don't buy it.

the same applies in all things. if you need a new monitor for your pc the store is not obligated to sell to you at your price...but you are not obligated to buy at theirs. shop around at purchase at what you feel is worth the money.

my take is that NOTHING in the trade channel is worth platinum. either barter or farm.

Unfortunately, these parts are very, very rare. I did 8 T3 Exterminate runs (for the Rhino Prime BP) and only got Boltor Prime and Sicarus Prime Barrels (Only one of these is worth anything to me but got 5 copies).  Funny thing is, I have all the other pieces and they are built. I just need that bp... I find that primes are still poorly distributed (even with this new "better" drop table system), and RNG is constantly out of many people's favor. 

Alright guys, can we just take a minute to talk about how insanely stupid and ridiculous people have set the prices for Rhino Prime part bps?

I am in Trade chat right now, and people are insisting at selling the Rhino Prime BP at 100p, and Chassis at 150p

WHO IS THE IDIOT THAT DECIDED TO BUY THESE THINGS AT 100p AND MAKE IT THE NORM TO THESE PEOPLE.

No single piece of ANY prime gear is ever worth more than 30p at the MAX, and everyone thinks that this is a normal price to set it at.

I know it's not something I can change since they actually GOT the parts and I haven't, but this is just ridiculous. I feel they are making a complete joke of this trade chat by insisting on those prices. You aren't eating credits and fusion cores to make high level mods. You're not selling event only items or mods.

It's a REGULAR Prime piece, like all the others.

Alright, ranting aside, now we can actually discuss this. Who else thinks the high prices are annoying to see?

I don't think a car should ever cost more than $1000 but I will never own a nice car and my opinion will not change anyone elses.

btw have you ever taken a basic economics class? I was required to take one in high school, but a lot of people seem to think supply and demand is such a foreign concept.

Edited by VegetableBasket

not everybody i could not care less about Rhino prime...

Alright guys, can we just take a minute to talk about how insanely stupid and ridiculous people have set the prices for Rhino Prime part bps?

I am in Trade chat right now, and people are insisting at selling the Rhino Prime BP at 100p, and Chassis at 150p

WHO IS THE IDIOT THAT DECIDED TO BUY THESE THINGS AT 100p AND MAKE IT THE NORM TO THESE PEOPLE.

No single piece of ANY prime gear is ever worth more than 30p at the MAX, and everyone thinks that this is a normal price to set it at.

I know it's not something I can change since they actually GOT the parts and I haven't, but this is just ridiculous. I feel they are making a complete joke of this trade chat by insisting on those prices. You aren't eating credits and fusion cores to make high level mods. You're not selling event only items or mods.

It's a REGULAR Prime piece, like all the others.

Alright, ranting aside, now we can actually discuss this. Who else thinks the high prices are annoying to see?

Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, having been someone who sold a prime piece for 150 plat I can try and do my best to explain the market at this point.

Picture a warframe (the game as a whole) with a finite number of players. Rhino prime has just been released. People start to buy the parts for it, but because there are so few people who have actually bothered to go out and farm these parts, there are very few of them in circulation. Situations such as these are what we call a seller's market: when there are very few pieces in circulation and tons of people that want said pieces, the seller can charge exorbitantly high prices for their warframe pieces. In a few weeks time, the number of players that have their rhino prime built goes up exponentially, whether they bought the pieces for exorbitantly high prices or just farmed them. There are still people with excess pieces looking to sell, but nobody wants to buy. This is the point where people are selling their pieces because they want to be rid of them. They're clogging up their inventory and foundry and just becoming an eyesore. At this point we're in a seller's market, when there are a lot of pieces in circulation and everyone's competing to sell them to the few people that don't have them.

Bottom line, there are always gonna be people dumb enough to pay $10USD for a few pixels on a computer screen. Your best bet is to wait until the price drops if you want to buy it, or start farming it yourself.