The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vanguard Rhino Prime Is As Fast As Loki

Lunamaniac

I too hope that the trend of making Primes faster than regulars continue.

But it might just have been a one-time thing considering how slow Rhino is...

frost is slower, but he only got another freaking D, sounds weird but i think he'd prefer a speed boost over the D, he doesn't want the D! Ok?

frost is slower, but he only got another freaking D, sounds weird but i think he'd prefer a speed boost over the D, he doesn't want the D! Ok?

Because Frost Prime is oooooooooooooooold.

Rhino Prime is apparently the hip new generation of Primes.

Rhino prime is the same speed as rhino. Rhino with vanguard helmet is the fourth fastest frame if im not mistaken.

Rhino Classic: 0.9 Speed

Rhino prime: 1.0 Speed

Might not seem like much, but consider that Loki is 1.25 so 0.1 difference might be noticeable.

Edited by Brimir

Other than Zephyr.

dbz60-15.jpg

I'll race you in t3 cap bro.

No seriously if you haven't done the max duration rhino build you don't even know. Zephyr is pretty fast but the animation is too long so when you hit a wall you waste a lot of time waiting for the animation to end. She's also slower run speed when you need to turn a corner between charges. She's better for some rooms but not most.

Edited by VegetableBasket

No seriously if you haven't done the max duration rhino build you don't even know. Zephyr is pretty fast but the animation is too long so when you hit a wall you waste a lot of time waiting for the animation to end. She's also slower run speed when you need to turn a corner between charges. She's better for some rooms but not most.

fleeting expertise changes that. you get about 3-5 air time, which might be on par with a rhino vanguard rush build, but i'd have to test it.

Zeph can fly upwards so she beats Rhino in a typical void map. In a horizontal race Rhino is the fastest. Its pretty hilarious to charge from one point to another in that large open interception map.

Edited by Monolake

I don't see what is wrong with that?

Loki would still be technically faster, his base speed is still faster. Add mods for both, and Loki should come on top for a straight up drag race. Even if they are very close, I do not see how it is bad to have more than a single frame with top speed.

Loki would still be technically faster, his base speed is still faster. Add mods for both, and Loki should come on top for a straight up drag race. Even if they are very close, I do not see how it is bad to have more than a single frame with top speed.

then Loki should have as much tanking and damage abilities as Rhino, right? 

then Loki should have as much tanking and damage abilities as Rhino, right? 

yes. He does already anyway.

Rhino takes great amounts of damage, Loki avoids great amounts of damage. You put them both in same rooms with same enemies each, they will make it out. Only difference is how they go through it. One Melees his way out, the other stomps/ shoots it out. They both can do things alone that most of the rest cannot accomplish. To me they are somewhat close to each other along with Nova.

Loki  = 1.25 

Rhino Prime + Vanguard = 1.25 (-5% damage)

Add rush.

Loki and Rhino Prime will move equally at the same speed.

And Loki's helms all affect his durability in one way (essence less armor, swindle less hp).

So.....

Edited by fatpig84

yes. He does already anyway.

Rhino takes great amounts of damage, Loki avoids great amounts of damage. You put them both in same rooms with same enemies each, they will make it out. Only difference is how they go through it. One Melees his way out, the other stomps/ shoots it out. They both can do things alone that most of the rest cannot accomplish. To me they are somewhat close to each other along with Nova.

I take it, you  never played Loki, then look into wiki maybe. Evasion is not the same as durability, he cant tank anything, try running past high level Toxic ancient, napalm fire or get caught in crossfire - dead. No CC immunity either, no damage abilites.

Rhino is made good at every role, even best at some, for any type of mission, with absolutely no drawbacks or flaws. Its a bad design that encourages players to use the same frame all the time with no better choice. With the highly annoying unavoidable grineer traps we might all just start playing Rhinos and forget all the other frames, since only Rhino gets a free pass.