The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Good Or Not Good ?

Henji

Question

I`ve been hearing alot of ppl saying that excalibur is bad and it doesnt have any good powers or w/e ppl think that makes him unreliable in a fight.

So i was hoping to get the communities opinion about this iconic warframe and know what they like and dont like it about ! 

Please keep in mind this is a point of view topic so I dont need to say this isn`t a boxing ring for who knows best...

Keep it simple and constructive. 

Thank You.

I found strengths in all frames.  Every frame is good at what they are designed to do.  Some people can only play Rhino or Nova because they think the only part of this game is blowing stuff up or tanking.  Some people only play supportive roles.  Some people, have every frame in the game, and find each useful in their own way.  That's how I feel. 

He's a great balance of offence and utility. I've been playing for a year now (Soloing missions 90% of the time), have tried several frames, and Cal is still my favorite. People say he's bad when they don't know how to use his powers creatively or effectively. 

Edited by Vattira

He is good most ppl just don't know how to use him, even I don't know how to use but im figuring it out :P

What ive found so far is radial blind is probably his best skill, u build for it with range and duration and u have best cc skill in the game

Also he is able to combine his skills for effective combos such as super jump + radial javelin while ur in the air. This lets ur javelins hit everything around u without having to worry about barriers blocking the javelins. And with maxed heavy impact equipped and having super jump maxed you will knock down all enemies ur javelins ddn hit below u when u land keeping u from getting mobbed on

I found strengths in all frames.  Every frame is good at what they are designed to do.  Some people can only play Rhino or Nova because they think the only part of this game is blowing stuff up or tanking.  Some people only play supportive roles.  Some people, have every frame in the game, and find each useful in their own way.  That's how I feel. 

Couldn`t said better 

Also he is able to combine his skills for effective combos such as super jump + radial javelin while ur in the air. This lets ur javelins hit everything around u without having to worry about barriers blocking the javelins. 

They will also often headshot for 2x damage if you do this.

At higher levels I build +range/Duration, and use Radial Blind when I need it. Use Slash Dash just for mobility and ditch the other 2 abilities. Hes not bad, but not excellent at a CC role.

What ive found so far is radial blind is probably his best skill, u build for it with range and duration and u have best cc skill in the game

You are aware that Vauban exists, right?

EDIT: And for all of the people ITT that are saying Radial Javelin is good, why would you ever think that? Almost every other ult in the game does more damage and isn't limited to a certain number of targets.

Edited by Brosagi

Honestly, he can be quite amazing with the correct mod. He's mostly a fun warframe. I never use the javelin. Slash dash/superjump and radial blind is a must on him. He have a good amount of shield and health.

His blind can reach extremely far if mod correctly and become a amazing crown control (with nyx, they have a chance to kill each other with chaos, losing exp/loot and is unreliable). You do need silence weapon to make it a lot's better (or a banshee with silence in your team. Or a full team with silence weapon =x...)

Slash dash and Superjump can make Excalibur rush a level like crazy. Is possible to beat a loki to the finish line as well ;3

Duration and efficiency, mostly from corrupted mod seem the best mod on him.

Still think he need a small buff.

Excalibro is highly underrated. The problem is most people don't give him a real chance. I have four forma on my excal and don't regret a thing. I can do pretty much anything with him even in "end game". Super fun and extremely viable if you do it right. If you want an easy press 4 to win then move on cause excal isn't an easy frame to master or at least not as easy as others.

Here's some tips on Radial Blind:

- Leap before Radial Blind if you always want to be in mobile.

- Use Noise Reduction mod on your non-silent weapon (or remove attack mod on sentinel).

- In Defense mission, destroy enemies hiding behind cover first, they will likely to throw grenade.

- You can ignore enemies at pod, they won't attack the pod when blinded unless if they were Radial Disarm'ed (I hate Loki disarm without decoy in Defense).

- Radial Blind can be your 'oh, sh1t!' button because it has knockdown resist when timed correctly. For example, when you open the door, and there is Heavy Gunner in front of your face.

Here's some tips on Radial Blind:

- Leap before Radial Blind if you always want to be in mobile.

- Use Noise Reduction mod on your non-silent weapon (or remove attack mod on sentinel).

- In Defense mission, destroy enemies hiding behind cover first, they will likely to throw grenade.

- You can ignore enemies at pod, they won't attack the pod when blinded unless if they were Radial Disarm'ed (I hate Loki disarm without decoy in Defense).

- Radial Blind can be your 'oh, sh1t!' button because it has knockdown resist when timed correctly. For example, when you open the door, and there is Heavy Gunner in front of your face.

I may be biased for Excalibur, but I think he's better than what quite a few people think...

1) Well, that depends on whether or not you have the time to jump.

2) He's a mobility frame, not a stealth frame.

3) How does that even pertain to Excalibur?

4) You mean enemies that aren't using melee weapons.

5) That, and Slash Dash; both abilities have invincibility frames during the animtion, which are not the same as knockback resistance.

@brosagi vauben is all cc skills but they are very stationary meaning if your going to stay in one spot then yes he is going to be good and better in some situations. However excels radial blind can cover an entire room, stuns them for a duration, then leaves them blind for a duration once stun wears off. Also it makes them weaker to melee attacks (new melee update incoming will make this even more usefull). And on top of all that it requires very little energy so spam away and watch as all enemies remain permenantly blinded/stunned.

@OP you are going to hear many ppl talk bad about excel saying hes outshined by other frames out there but I recommend you ignore them, excal is good and good for reasons other frames are not. The only problem 90% of the players in this game have with him is much like nickelshark said about him not being a press 4 to win frame. He actually requires skill to use and if your willing to take time to learn how to use him it will be worth it in the end since he is pretty fun

@brosagi vauben is all cc skills but they are very stationary meaning if your going to stay in one spot then yes he is going to be good and better in some situations. However excels radial blind can cover an entire room, stuns them for a duration, then leaves them blind for a duration once stun wears off. Also it makes them weaker to melee attacks (new melee update incoming will make this even more usefull). And on top of all that it requires very little energy so spam away and watch as all enemies remain permenantly blinded/stunned.

You can deploy multiples of all of Vauban's powers, and the costs vary. You can just run through a level and plop down a Bastille in every room. While slightly more expensive than Radial Blind, it's faster, more effective, and lasts longer. Heck, you can put a Vortex in every doorway if you want. If you need something cheap, just put a Tesla or two in the doorway of a room as you leave it.

I'll agree that Excal is fun, but he's definitely not as effective as other frames. 'Press 4 to win' frames are more effective than Excal and they require much less work and that's just pathetic. He needs major buffs.

You are aware that Vauban exists, right?

EDIT: And for all of the people ITT that are saying Radial Javelin is good, why would you ever think that? Almost every other ult in the game does more damage and isn't limited to a certain number of targets.

we talking about excalibur here friend vauban is awesome in its own way as is excalibur when it comes to use its radial javelin IF its used wisely and with the right mods.

press 4 to win frames are going to be considered better than every frame (looking at nova) because of how easy they are to play and effective their ult ability is. The difficulty in this game is not high enough to have any drawback with any of these frames. I mean nova alone can solo everything in this game including survival and defense missions (although not to high level/duration rounds).

And Vauban's bastille sits in one place meaning the enemies will have to move to it, vortex does pull them in but its range is no where as wide as radial blind. I'm not saying that radial blind is better in every way to these abilities but the weakness in vauben's skills (all of them being traps meaning enemies must come near to them) is where excal's radial blind is improved since it can cover the entire room no matter where an enemy is standing or hiding.

So yes he is going to be more effective in certain situations such as long duration survival or defense missions mainly because when you can perma blind/stun the entire room and not have to worry about reaching a cc's max # of affected enemies or worrying about having to be near an enemy for the cc to work. There is no other skill in this game that can be used like radial blind which is probably one of the biggest things this game community does not notice. As for his radial javeling and slash dash no they do not deal out high damage and dps frames such as ember, saryn, and nova are going easily outshine that ability. However javelin combined with mag's bullet attractor can do massive damage on bosses which does make this skill effective it just requires skill and combo's to show it.

Edit cause forgot to type a word :P

Edited by Sev7n

Radial blind scales very well end game. Most people who say he is bad probably only face lvl <30 enemies that die in like 1 shot or compares excalibur with nova/rhino. I don't play my excalibur that much anymore but I definitely wouldn't say he's bad, he simply gets outshined by other caster frames against low/med lvl enemies. End game however, his radial blind is a spammable CC machine.

I may be biased for Excalibur, but I think he's better than what quite a few people think...

1) Well, that depends on whether or not you have the time to jump.

2) He's a mobility frame, not a stealth frame.

3) How does that even pertain to Excalibur?

4) You mean enemies that aren't using melee weapons.

5) That, and Slash Dash; both abilities have invincibility frames during the animtion, which are not the same as knockback resistance.

Pay attention to 'tips on Radial Blind'

1. Depends on your preference.

2. When you use Radial Blind, if you use non-silent weapon, the blinded Crewman in void will shoot at the direction of the sound. And more annoying if you shoot MOA, I don't know if it is a bug, but that things will try to shoot at your sentinel, instead of you.

3. If you use Radial Blind, you can see how enemies AI work. In Void Defense, the first group will rush towards the pod and will attack you if they see you, while second group will hide behind covers and occasionally throw grenade. When you use Radial Blind, technically they can't see you so you don't have to worry about the first group, however the second group will still throw grenades even if they were blinded, making them something to worry about as the grenade can still hurt the pod. This is also related to No 2, if they can hear you, they will throw grenade at you, not the pod, making you getting that annoying knockdown.

4. All enemies that are not Radial Disarm'ed, including Light Infested, Scorpion, Butcher, etc. They will just head bum the pod. I still need to test for Radial Disarm'ed enemies because it is rare to find Loki in Defense mission. Only one time I saw a MOA kicking pod even when it was blinded, and I'm not sure if it was because of the sound of our weapon or what.

5. Oh, it is an iFrame? That's better.

Edited by mcKentucky