Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will The Castanas Be Fixed Tomorrow?

Seanjuju

There's a bug where, if I'm moving, jumping, sprinting, or sliding, the Castanas will sometimes just not fire. 

Sherlock: Sean you probably have too many castanas out and that's why it refuses to fire.

Sean:No, I can have none out and it will just not fire half the time because I'm not standing still. 

This is probably the worse bug of any weapon in the game.

Sherlock:Sean, you're delusional. If there we're really such a bug DE would have fixed it immediately. Maybe its an isolated incident unique to you.

Sean: This bug is also listed on the wiki.

I just pulled these out of the foundry yesterday. These weapons are among the most interesting in the game when they fire. Since they don't charge or wind-up, I would think they should.

Will a fix for this be on the list tomorrow?

Edit:

Also, raise the mastery on these weapons because nerfing is not the answer.

Edited by Seanjuju

This is a bug that happens to many weapons actually, but most of the time it happens to certain continuous weapons. What it does is that it creates a delay in your first click, if you try to semi-auto fire it. It won't fire, and instead just make your gun aim forward.

This is not much of a problem for auto-firing weapons most of the time, since simply holding it can solve the issue, but the problem's that Castanas is not auto-fire.

Weapons that are still affected are (I could be missing one or a few):

- Twin Gremlins

- Synapse (and possibly Phage)

- Castanas

- Grinlok

Weapons that were affected but quickly fixed:

- Sobek

Edited by Casardis

This is a bug that happens to many weapons actually, but most of the time it happens to certain continuous weapons. What it does is that it creates a delay in your first click, if you try to semi-auto fire it. It won't fire, and instead just make your gun aim forward.

This is not much of a problem for auto-firing weapons most of the time, since simply holding it can solve the issue, but the problem's that Castanas is not auto-fire.

Weapons that are still affected are (I could be missing one or a few):

- Twin Gremlins

- Synapse (and possibly Phage)

- Castanas

Weapons that were affected but quickly fixed:

- Sobek

From the sound of it, something like this is impacting bows as well (at least Dread).  Have had several times where it refuses to fire until I change to secondary and back.

Casardis has hit the nail on the head, though I have reported this numerous times on numerous weapons it is added more and more with new weapons.

Firing from a sprint raises the gun but does not fire until the second click.

Other weapons affected from memory.

Dual Cestras

Flux

Grinlok

though I have reported this numerous times on numerous weapons it is added more and more with new weapons.

Yeah me too. I had made a topic for the Twin Gremlin specifically, and bumped it each time a major update comes out to remind that it's still not fixed, which I don't understand how they haven't gotten to do that yet/haven't noticed for all these weapons.

They patched it very quick with the Sobek back then.

People will dislike this but; please MR lock more weapons!  Players need the incentive to go past MR 8.

OP - thank you for making this post.  I've noticed the same thing on mine but thought it was just a new feature.  An odd, new feature.