Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage Op Build?

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

Question

20 answers to this question

The phage is designed for higher level stuff, not great for speed running but can do loads of damage. 

Get viscous spread maxed along with other pure damage mods.

This. I'm normally not a numbers guy, but the Phage is clearly designed for sustained firing for long periods of time. The focusing part only takes a sec or two, then you just crush everything around you like a shotgun/HMG mix. Drains ammo real slow, reloads real fast. Just pile on the deeps.

For low levels you can use Tainted Shell for QoL reasons, so you don't have to focus it much/at all but at the high end I would just run it pure damage for most characters. Maybe leave Tainted Shell on there if you plan to spam skills. I use mine on Nekros just because it looks like his kind of theme, and I'll probably break down and blow a Legendary Core to max out Tainted Shell eventually, because focusing it and doing desecrate just do NOT go together. :P

Edited by VKhaun

Silly you, take off Toxic barrage, no sense in using it. Use a bane mod instead.

http://goo.gl/dYllXe

An negate myself from higher chances to get those two great procs? no thank you.

Even damage wise, it would be better to chop mobs' health by half in just one proc, than spent more time focusing on them. Plus 9 from 10 times i'd go full toxic against corpus due to shield bypass

And please, do avoid the usage of the word "silly", I don't like the meaning of it when translate to my first language.

An negate myself from higher chances to get those two great procs? no thank you.

Even damage wise, it would be better to chop mobs' health by half in just one proc, than spent more time focusing on them. Plus 9 from 10 times i'd go full toxic against corpus due to shield bypass

And please, do avoid the usage of the word "silly", I don't like the meaning of it when translate to my first language.

Viral proc is almost useless. Its something like 10% chance per tick, and only effective if it procs on the FIRST tick, ONLY if the first tick WOULDN'T do 1/2 enemy health anyways. So its only useful at really high levels, and then only if RNG smiles on you. It's nice to have, dont get me wrong, but building around the proc is pointless.

At higher levels you need as much Radiation as possible, so Bane is the right choice. Then Cold or Toxin as the final slot, b.c it has a bit of armor ignore and damage bonus. As of tomorrow, just pure Rad (yay more elec dmg mod!)

You're right about pure Toxin for Corpus. But for Grineer you want to prioritize Rad and Cold/Toxin damage even if that means losing Viral, at higher levels. Lower levels you can use Rad/Viral, but you can also use a watergun.

Edited by Darzk

That is very true. I suppose it has to do more with the preferred play style than anything else. 

As far as halving health, that would be extremely beneficial at high levels. However, so far as the builder says, Toxic Barrage doesn't add or effect the status chance. That could very well be a bug in the websites code, and I apologize for not using my better judgement so far as that goes.

Also, what is your first language? I find that to be very interesting. Personally, I don't like the word "nice", as in Middle English it referred to a stupid or foolish person.

As far as halving health, that would be extremely beneficial at high levels. However, so far as the builder says, Toxic Barrage doesn't add or effect the status chance. That could very well be a bug in the websites code, and I apologize for not using my better judgement so far as that goes.

Also, what is your first language? I find that to be very interesting. Personally, I don't like the word "nice", as in Middle English it referred to a stupid or foolish person.

Yeah, no idea why but it should be affecting the chance. Already told the creator of the site, maybe he knows something about how status works on Phage or is just not working as inteded.

My first language is Spanish and to call someone silly would be like call him/her idiotic.

I recommend this.

http://goo.gl/J1cJYO

You could swap out Seeking Force, but with phage it ends up making you do way more damage cause hitting multiple enemies.

why would u put shotgun spazz?

goes from 1 attack/sec to 1.9/second

wow so gud

EDIT: LOL no vicious spread

yep this is totally the 1 u want

Edited by xkillo32

If you dont mind the much higher ammo consumption, Shotgun Spazz is one of the best DPS mods for the Phage.

Personally I mind the ammo consumption :(

With no Forma, http://goo.gl/XGd1XC would give you the highest DPS, and still allow okay ammo consumption from the ammo mut mod. Take it off and you can change out the cicero mod for normal +90% toxin, but you *are* going to run out of ammo.

Edited by Darzk

why would u put shotgun spazz?

goes from 1 attack/sec to 1.9/second

wow so gud

EDIT: LOL no vicious spread

yep this is totally the 1 u want

Laugh if you want. But it does more damage than any other build posted. And it will shred right through crowds with Seeking Force.

Go learn to mod a gun, and come back.

Edited by VeryNinja

Laugh if you want. But it does more damage than any other build posted. And it will shred right through crowds with Seeking Force.

Go learn to mod a gun, and come back.

He's right, there's no need for spazz. Your the higher rate of fire would simply waste ammo at that point, as a setup with one less forma does 6k more total damage. Before telling other people that they're wrong in their entirety, make sure you yourself aren't. 

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

He's right, there's no need for spazz. Your the higher rate of fire would simply waste ammo at that point, as a setup with one less forma does 6k more total damage. Before telling other people that they're wrong in their entirety, make sure you yourself aren't. 

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Removing Seeking Force would bring the damage higher. But I prefer punch through over a bit more damage.

Adding the forma is worth. To reach maximum DPS with Phage, you need shotgun spazz.

Try again.

VeryNinja, in the build you linked, Shotgun Spazz should be swapped with +90% toxin at lower levels, and +60% elec for higher levels to maintain ammo efficiency, but max DPS does indeed use it. Its a matter of preference.

Here's why.

+90% RoF = +90% DPS, true, but also increases ammo consumption by 90%, meaning damage/ammo is unchanged, and more time spent reloading (only ~+82% sustained DPS). Overkill is now more heavily penalized than before as ticks take 2 ammo instead of 1. Really you would need to take Ammo Mut as well, losing you the 90% cold. now its only ~+50% DPS.

+90% toxin instead converts the 90% cold to Viral, which has an innate +75% damage to Grineer. Going from 1796.85 Cold (2246 with modifier) to 3593.7 Viral (6289 with modifier) is an increase of 4043 damage done.

Its a +28.6% damage increase overall, and will increase the respective proc chances of Rad and Viral.

Bane can also be used with the new +elec+status mod for maximizing radiation damage and proc rates. It's a 30% damage increase overall.

Bane or +Toxin will also increase Damage/Ammo and allow more time spent firing instead of reloading.

At higher levels, both SS and the Cold mod chould be swapped for the two event mods. More radiation, a little bit of toxin (good for ferrite enemies) but greatly increased status chance. 

Edited by Darzk

I would like aim for something like this:

http://goo.gl/Nf3Bz7

Mods combos considered by play-styles can be, not limited to, done with these mods:

Cleanse Infested(Corrosive Blast Viral build)

Cleanse Grineer/Corpus(Radiation/Viral build)

Incendiary Coat (Radiation/Viral build for Corrupted)

Shotgun Spazz(Almost double fire rate, Longevity suffers by bleeding ammo faster)

Vicious Spread(Takes longer to shift firing 'spreads', wasting some ammo)

Tainted Shell(Slower fire rate, tighter spread, ONLY TO BE USED WITH SHOTGUN SPAZZ)

Toxic Barrage(Radiation/Viral build for Corrupted)

These mods can play like this or something:

Spazz + Tainted = fair fire rate increase, fair dps, tighter(degree based on personal choice)initial firing spread*The higher Tainted Shell is, the lower the dps! Aim for maybe no higher than 4 from the top in rank*

Spazz + Vicious = high dps at a cost of ammo efficiency (fast fire rate, but a wider spread having to narrow to manageable ranges)

Spazz + Cleanse/Incendiary coat = high dps at a cost of ammo eficiency, but likely less cost than with Vicious Spread

Incendiary + Cleanse = Fair increase in damage without tampering with fire rate and spread, regular ammo efficiency, will not be fully effective against Corrupteds

Incendiary Coat + Toxic Barrage = manageable, across the board damage build for the orokin void(in regards to base with burst and sustained dps)

The Phage is something, but all of that will mean time and forma, For a 0-forma build, I have been fine with this in the past for most factions:

http://goo.gl/JpuEdQ

For infested, I Just swap Charged Shell for Contagious Spread for a gas element. I hope this helps.

VeryNinja, in the build you linked, Shotgun Spazz should be swapped with +90% toxin at lower levels, and +60% elec for higher levels to maintain ammo efficiency, but max DPS does indeed use it. Its a matter of preference.

Here's why.

+90% RoF = +90% DPS, true, but also increases ammo consumption by 90%, meaning damage/ammo is unchanged, and more time spent reloading (only ~+82% sustained DPS). Overkill is now more heavily penalized than before as ticks take 2 ammo instead of 1. Really you would need to take Ammo Mut as well, losing you the 90% cold. now its only ~+50% DPS.

+90% toxin instead converts the 90% cold to Viral, which has an innate +75% damage to Grineer. Going from 1796.85 Cold (2246 with modifier) to 3593.7 Viral (6289 with modifier) is an increase of 4043 damage done.

Its a +28.6% damage increase overall, and will increase the respective proc chances of Rad and Viral.

Bane can also be used with the new +elec+status mod for maximizing radiation damage and proc rates. It's a 30% damage increase overall.

Bane or +Toxin will also increase Damage/Ammo and allow more time spent firing instead of reloading.

At higher levels, both SS and the Cold mod chould be swapped for the two event mods. More radiation, a little bit of toxin (good for ferrite enemies) but greatly increased status chance. 

The ammo is fine with SS, and status is a preference, not necessarily better.