The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Exactly Is Ash's Role In The Game?

Ddublu

Topic is the question of the day I have. As I cannot figure out exactly what purpose Ash has that is unique to him. His stealth is worse than Loki. And of the remaining three abilities; only two are generally useful, Shuriken spam actually being better than Bladestorm in most respects. So yeah.. what exactly is Ash's role in the game?

ideally, he would be a cross between loki, excalibur, and valkyr

a somewhat stealth based melee oriented lightning bruiser

unfortunately, he suffers from, "his abilites dont work well on enemies level 100 so he is useless" syndrome

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

Direct damage output/stall-support is what I tend to view him as. If he had Loki's invisibility there would be no point to Loki.

I disagree.  If he had the same duration of invisibility as Loki, it wouldn't make a huge difference or be a threat to what Loki is.

While invisibility is an amazing ability of Loki, decoy and radial disarm are hugely important.

I disagree.  If he had the same duration of invisibility as Loki, it wouldn't make a huge difference or be a threat to what Loki is.

While invisibility is an amazing ability of Loki, decoy and radial disarm are hugely important.

Agree.

If you center Loki just around Invisibility, you are missing his purpose. He is master of deception and should be used creatively.

Yeah on a different thread where i asked about Ash vs Loki. A guy said pretty much the same thing bout Loki. Like he can use his Decoy and Radial Disarm to gather dudes together; and then stealth sweep them all xD.

Moreover; I've always enjoyed Ash. He was like the first warframe that I aimed to attain back when I started the game. His style appealed to me mostly because he was a stealthy... kinda warframe. However, he's been gathering dust on my warframe shelf as of late; due to not needing him for the most part; or simply not being able to really enjoy him anymore.

To guide this discussion in a slight tangent; what would you change about Ash to make him more viable as hell.. the TRUE Ninja Warframe?

Edited by Ddublu

That strikes me as a bit unlikely. Loki would need buffs elsewhere to compensate for his lack of use, trust me.

I see Ash's role being specifically used as a Ninja, a ninja-ninja. Plus, he is a stealth combat character anyways. I haven't used him yet personally to figure this out but at a point I will be and see if I like him or not. Just like how I felt about Trinity until I knew what to use Link and Energy Vampire for. Felt like a Rhino all the time with Trinity. So Ash is something I'm wanting to play as for some time.

Ash has no team abilities and is a stealth assassin, as such has very little use in a multiplayer space ninja game except for solo farming resources or trying to get all your codex scans.

In a recent forum poll Ash and Banshee lead the way in under powered, seldom played, and in greatest need to an overhaul.

Check out and do the poll, you maybe surprised by some of the results.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HO8CGUd1eEHfr44-VJCi_1Ccb46cpxyFPSfB2R4-K-k/viewform?pli=1&edit_requested=true

Ash is a nice frame for soloing, really. He doesn't fit with the meta of Endless Boredom or long Survival runs, but his survivability is nice, and he's got an okay kit for a baseline solo runner. He's one of the few frames that actually sticks to the whole 'ninja' part of Warframe's theme.

Other than that, he's outclassed in terms of damage, mobility and tankiness, really. A pity.

Ash is supposed to be that frame

do you not know what THAT frame is?

No?

okay ill tell you.

Ash is a warframe has little to do with stealth and more to do with using the temporary stealth to do as much damage as physically possible in the amount of time it takes you to understand that its the grineer.

His stealth is only a formality to those who know him as they DON'T want to see this reaper coming. 

his only purpose in this game is to kill, not support anyone else, just kill everything he can. 

If he goes invisible: you better run

If he is running toward you: you better run

If he chopped off you legs: grow sum more and run faster

because if you are on his list of stuff to ruk up that day....

you better run that weak-sauce a** to the next cryopod and hope that when you awaken

he isn't waiting....