Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith... *sad Trumpet Noise*

Brimir

The only Wraith that had more polarities was the Machete Wraith because it's base weapon, the Machete, sucked so hard.

So the Machete Wraith needed polarities for people to even use them.

Even then it was a lack lustre weapon, even with serrated blade damage (IIRC) in 1.0 .

The Strun Wraith had an innate - polarity.

Which is the same as the regular Strun.

And of course 4 nerf bats.

The Wraith Twin Vipers had an innate - polarity

Same as normal Vipers.

So I am not surprised that the Gorgon Wraith came without one.

Because so far, barring the machete wraith, most Wraiths are just re-skins with a free potato and mirror their base weapon in polarities or lack of it, except with better stats.

Exactly. They became just re-skins rather than something someone would used consistently side by side their favourite arms. I'm sure the Gorgon ain't that bad, but it could be slightly better without spoiling anything.

Perhaps I'm one of the lot who are impressed by how the Strun Wraith worked, which is still one of the best shotgun we have now by the way.

Hey guys. How about we.....nerf the soma. It seems like everything is compared to the soma these days. I really don't understand why the soma is so powerful being that it is relatively easy to acquire (assuming you have the MR). It seems like any weapon that is not top tier and end game gets ripped to shreds by this community. Just my two cents.

"Runs for the hills"

Hey guys. How about we.....nerf the soma. It seems like everything is compared to the soma these days. I really don't understand why the soma is so powerful being that it is relatively easy to acquire (assuming you have the MR). It seems like any weapon that is not top tier and end game gets ripped to shreds by this community. Just my two cents.

"Runs for the hills"

they said they would never make another slashdash warframe they made zephyr they said they wouldnt make another invincability skill and they made turbulence  they said they would never touch the soma's stats and they have yet to

people saying i "but u got free potato" need to understand that a potato on  weak weapon is a waste. Even with one it sucks.

Even polarity doesn't save it. Its base stats are just overall bad.

It's not that bad. Just that it isn't fantastic.

"Runs for the hills"

The Soma has it's place, much like Rhino is. I can't imagine how Warframe would have been for me had Rhino been in a further planet, without any decent mods and limited fusion cores. The Soma is a good weapon for people who are at a certain stage whereby the strength of the weapon can compensate for the lack of mods and resources to make other lesser weapon good enough for tougher missions like your random alert. Most veterans I see don't even carry the Soma as their main because they have the mods and resources to overcome the damage lost.

Well as a newbie who just recently got to rank 5 and won't be seeing the Soma for a little while yet I must say I'm incredibly pleased with this gun. Just trying it out unranked it felt comparable to my lvl 30 (un-catalyzed) Gorgon, the improved RoF and reload really make a difference. After a couple games and the wraith at lvl 10 and it was alrady far and away superior to the standard Gorgon.

So yeah, all you elites running nothing but prime gear might not find it very good but for newbies on a budget this thing is awesome.  

So yeah, all you elites running nothing but prime gear might not find it very good but for newbies on a budget this thing is awesome.  

there are actually very few prime weapons that are good/decent to use, most are throw away mastery sinks just like most market weapons, prime doesnt always mean awesome :D

It expected less honestly looking at sat difference. But I am dissapointed in 3 things.

1)Damage could be higher

2)No polarity(not a big deal but still)

3) Accuracy when fire rate is maxed is HORRIBLE!!! i cant kill a dron from any range. Normal units are ok ish until mid range. Accuracy is really bad, needs buff with it.

Otherwise i am pretty happy

The 'Wraith' tag is slowly losing it's reputable name. First Machete Wraith (decent with its two V polarity, but still not good enough), Viper Wraith which was slightly above average and now this.

After all the whining and screaming tantrums to nerf the original Wraith, the Strun, are you actually surprised that DE is gun shy?  Seriously?

I'm just happy it's got a wicked cool paint job at this point.  I mean, why bother with expecting it to be good, when most of the 'hard core' will moan and groan when something comes out that might be a little better than their favourite overpowered toys (Soma, at the moment.)   What's worse, they get listened to.

The fact that it's slightly more accurate than the standard Gorgon makes me ecstatic.  But really, I wasn't expecting a better weapon than the base Gorgon.

That way, I'm less disappointed when it happens.

the 'hard core' will moan and groan when something comes out that might be a little better than their favourite overpowered toys (Soma, at the moment.) 

The hardcore stopped using the Soma a long time ago!

With the recent powercreep of Penta, Ogris, Stug, Phage, Latron, Bows, Marelok....I'm pretty sure Soma is not OP anymore. It fits in the top tier of weapons, which all could use a slight more 'challenge' to access, or difficulty of use IMO.

With the recent powercreep of Penta, Ogris, Stug, Phage, Latron, Bows, Marelok....I'm pretty sure Soma is not OP anymore. It fits in the top tier of weapons, which all could use a slight more 'challenge' to access, or difficulty of use IMO.

very true but its still the fanboy fave of full automatic rifles.

I know it was an easy event for most of us but, I feel that even the regular braton is more powerful than gorgon wraith to be honest. The gorgon wraith is too inaccurate and the damage doesn't compensate for that. If it did great damage but had bad accuracy I would be okay with that. However, as it is, it's not balanced properly. Then again, maybe DE had no intention of making this a "super" weapon. I guess if you want a real answer of why the gorgon wraith stats are why they are, asking DE would be the best solution but they might not even say.

It does yes. You think the Soma would be as powerful as it is without its innate Polarities?

What does its initial polarities even mean if you can put it on there yourself?

You need to get this. I know it's really nice to already have a polarity on there that you want for pretty much any weapon or Warframe, but because of forma, this doesn't make the weapon or Warframe more powerful as the FINAL result even if it has every polarity you want. It just means no one has to invest time into it being good. Although at the same time, the polarities that you want aren't always what others want. Though one V polarity is typically a good thing for a gun anyways, but not so much for most warframes.

Soma would end up being just as powerful if I put the polarity on there myself as long as the base stats remained the same. The only thing different is my first impressions of the gun wouldn't be as great.

Edited by Xelorx

Why did they made us waste our time over a crappy weapon? Yes, I know, Wraith weapons are bragging rights, but still...

And now, we lose the slot if we sell it?

Nope. Screw it. I'm boycotting the future events now. Not like I can run the game at 30 FPS, anyway.

Feel free to give me all the uselss mods you got from event as well.

Meanwhile I'v been running T3 MDs all evening while ranking up GorgonW from 25 to 30, no forma, and it already does the job.  But hey, when you get gud at this game have maxed mods  you can do T3 even with Braton, but noobs need a Soma crutch to handle lvl20s.

Edited by Monolake

Ogris existed waaay before Soma. 

And was taking names waay earlier.

So it is the exception.

Latron Prime and Bows however are the least power creep because they lose so much more of their DPS over a missed shot compared to a Soma.