Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't Shocking Touch Kind Of Useless?

Kaotyke

I does 60% eletric damage, and we have now 2 mods that do the same damage and do an extra perk and costs less:

Focus Energy, as far as I know its a fairly easy to get Nightmare mod, its one of the mods I get the most in nightmare missions. 60% eletric and 40% charge speed, cost: 9 mod points

Voltaic Strike, its an event mod I know, but it will probably go to the Nightmare table someday alongside the Cicero mods, but doing 60% eletric and 60% stats chance and 7 mod cost makes this mod very good indeed.

..... now that I think about it, DE will probably release Fire and Ice mods that do both elemental damage and status chance in the future events.

DE needs to put Shocking Touch to 90% or it continue be a waste of space.

why should it be 90% instead of 60% i guess your wanting tons of electric dmg and plus im sure its 60% for balance reason and what not

Maybe pre-damage 2.0 with getting enemies always affected by the "shock" yeah, but now, is kind of non-sense.

Happens the same with some cold elemental mods, pre-damage 2.0 they had that great slowdown that compensate for less damage but now it's just percentages (very low in most cases) so all the elemental mods should be standarized to grant the same amount of damage added, at least in the same type of weapons (say primaries, secondaries or melee).

Or, use all the electricity damage boost mods together cause they add up. Should be anice boost to electric based weapons, plus it has status chance boost... how is this mod useless again?

Shocking Touch is the useless original mod. Voltaic Strike has the status chance boost. Please actually read the post thoroughly.

why should it be 90% instead of 60% i guess your wanting tons of electric dmg and plus im sure its 60% for balance reason and what not

No theres no reason why a "melee weapon" should have 60% elemental mods when a fully modded rifle elemental mods are 90%.

I mean your already gimping yourself by using a melee weapon why gimp us with the mods it would definitely not be OP. If anything balanced.

People, he is referring to how Shocking touch (5 rank mod, cost up to 11 mod energy and tops out at 60%) is replaced 2 mods which not only have the same damage bonus but also an additional effect AND cost much less than Shocking Touch (7 - 9 mod energy respectively)

Heavy Gunner from Void Defense,

Say hello to the Castanas...

Warframe0228.jpg

u wot m8?

7vHii.jpg

Children, please.

fPSb3wN.jpg

I'm talking about a Eletric Mod for MELEE, not secondaries

People, he is referring to how Shocking touch (5 rank mod, cost up to 11 mod energy and tops out at 60%) is replaced 2 mods which not only have the same damage bonus but also an additional effect AND cost much less than Shocking Touch (7 - 9 mod energy respectively)

^ Someone got it.

Was I not clear enough in the explanation? (its a genuine question, no sarcasm or anything if you want to know)

It's lower because there are so many mods for it.

Plus you stack em all for loads of damage.

i think the point you're missing here is that shocking touch has always been 60% shock damage, as in before voltaic strike and focus energy were even ideas. :l

Edited by N7Vanquisher

the combined effect mods are a flat upgrade, something i generally don't like.

However i'll quite often use two mods of the same element, when i want to outweigh the physical damage. Like with my Blast proc Gorgon Wraith, i use Wildfire AND Hellfire mods, just to get as much blast damage in there as possible (while also not using the thing that boosts impact damage) so that the ratio of blast damage to impact damage is far higher, and thus a blast proc is more likely.

i dont know if electricty procs are good enough to be worth doing that though. i rarely see the chaning effect, usually it's just a small burst of electrity