Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Crucible (Open Rp)

Drakeardian

Darkness.

Evanescence is no more. What is left of him is simply the vessel; the vessel to harness the corrupting Void Energy that coursed through every fiber of his being. Even as he faded into view, his form is twisted, one that has been altered by the corrupting influence of Void Energy that once took hold.

The lights flickered.

His being is translucent, flickering and waving as though he is a hologram. Phasing in and out of view, he could sense his presence. The presence of Galus.

While the Candidates sign up for the Arena, Vega Krell prepares to take his throne. Interestingly his armour was similar to Sargus Ruk's except he didn't have a halo thingy on the back, No Flame-thrower, No Massive Shoulder-pad. But he did sport thick heavy boots and gauntlets, a massive Machete rested on the side of his throne and his helmet -while still looking Ruk-ish- covered his entire face. His colour scheme was different, sporting Red over orange. He stands up and raises his arms like a priest to his subjects as he shouts in somewhat difficult basic via loudspeakers

"Aattenthoun All! We will begin the First Crucible! All those willing to watch please come and sit by the viewing Balconies! I promise death! I promise Blood, I promise for entertainment!"

Edited by Drakeardian

Darkness.

Evanescence is no more. What is left of him is simply the vessel; the vessel to harness the corrupting Void Energy that coursed through every fiber of his being. Even as he faded into view, his form is twisted, one that has been altered by the corrupting influence of Void Energy that once took hold.

The lights flickered.

His being is translucent, flickering and waving as though he is a hologram. Phasing in and out of view, he could sense his presence. The presence of Galus.

desperateprofile_by_snaleking-d7aiwhf.pn

Galus had returned to his shuttle, still docked to the Crucible, and was programming the navicomputer when the lights flickered. He knew better than to attribute it to an electrical anomaly, and stood to face the empty space of his shuttle.

"If you're here to kill me, you're more than welcome to try. Alad V always needs more Harvesters," Galus challenged, knowing his unseen enemy would hear him. "I honestly could not think of a more foolish place to try, however. An enclosed, environmentally sealed space, least of all my own shuttle? There are easier ways to commit suicide," he flexed his claws in anticipation, "but I appreciate your kindness in choosing death at my hands."

Edited by SnaleKing

Galus had returned to his shuttle, still docked to the Crucible, and was programming the navicomputer when the lights flickered. He knew better than to attribute it to an electrical anomaly, and stood to face the empty space of his shuttle.

"If you're here to kill me, you're more than welcome to try. Alad V always needs more Harvesters," Galus challenged, knowing his unseen enemy would hear him. "I honestly could not think of a more foolish place to try, however. An enclosed, environmentally sealed space, least of all my own shuttle? There are easier ways to commit suicide," he flexed his claws in anticipation, "but I appreciate your kindness in choosing death at my hands."

Evanescence phased into view, before Galus. His current form can barely be recognised from the various mutations from the corruption. Evanescence seemed unarmed... Or is he? Void energy took on a venomous Black as it slithered down his arm, forming a Skana, corrupted and coursing with an unknown power.

"Oh Galus, how I have been looking.... For you! Die by the hands of your saviour, solely for my amusement! Kill him, my pawn." Bellowed forth a voice; one can only perceive that it is the will of the Void itself.

"The Void calls for your soul; your existence will be no more. A pawn you shall become, my wrath you shall worship. Perish!"

Evanescence phased into view, before Galus. His current form can barely be recognised from the various mutations from the corruption. Evanescence seemed unarmed... Or is he? Void energy took on a venomous Black as it slithered down his arm, forming a Skana, corrupted and coursing with an unknown power.

"Oh Galus, how I have been looking.... For you! Die by the hands of your saviour, solely for my amusement! Kill him, my pawn." Bellowed forth a voice; one can only perceive that it is the will of the Void itself.

"The Void calls for your soul; your existence will be no more. A pawn you shall become, my wrath you shall worship. Perish!"

((Oi! no fighting on my Crucible! Not Even when on the shuttle!))

Edited by Drakeardian

((it's Galus' personal shuttle, and he started it :P))

Galus scoffed at the threat, beholding what had once been a Tenno. "Non hodie, Evanescense. Your transformation is unexpected, but unwise; a Loki would see this trick coming." Galus dug a claw into the shuttle's metal frame, and with a tap on the terminal, cycled the airlock wide open.

The inside of the vessel instantly depressurized with a silent boom of escaping air, sucking the unprepared Loki into open space. Galus knew that it wouldn't keep him out for long, and engaged the shuttle's afterburners to blast away from the Crucible and his would-be assassin. Once the ship was at speed, he cycled the airlock closed, and repressurized the shuttle.

Edited by SnaleKing

The Grineer looked at the Tenno "If you four are all here to fight then you're all be in a team" He then looked at the Corpus crewman "Name, Rank and faction"

As he stepped forward, Harad picked up his metal container and strapped it to his back once more. "Harad al Harun, Corporal, Corpus Military Branch. Here to fight."

Lia and Katya looked at Harad and Anastasia. "So how about it? Do you two want to team up?" asked Katya.

Harad looked to Katya. He thought the Tenno would make powerful allies in the challenges so it would be best to be on their side. That and it would allow him to learn more about them while he participated and likely made the coming challenges easier. "Why not? It would benefit us all. That is as long as we don't get caught in any crossfire."

Anastasia thought about the proposition of working together. She came to fight and had planned largely to do so alone as if she endured all nine rounds, that would surely grant her the title of champion of the Crucible arena and from doing so alone, she would gain much respect from her fellow Grineer. However, it could not be denied that the Tenno were effective at what they did and siding with them would make it less tiring for her to get through the challenges compared to going it alone. If she was lucky, they might leave after round six and she could take the champion title by going rounds seven to nine by herself? "Alright, Tenno. Sounds good."

"A pathetic attempt to delay the inevitable death that will be brought upon you, to say the least."

As though he is a ghost, Evanescence appeared yet again in the shuttle. "I am one with the Void. I am omnipresent, and omnipotent. You shall be enlightened through death; and be my slave."

Suddenly, the energy flowing through the Loki-like frame gone out of control, causing his body to disintegrate back into particles of Energy. "A disturbance within the Void? How unfortunate... It seems that I will cease to exist, temporarily. Count your blessings..."

Turning into a cloud of energy particles, they dissipated, and all traces of the strange creature disappeared.

As he stepped forward, Harad picked up his metal container and strapped it to his back once more. "Harad al Harun, Corporal, Corpus Military Branch. Here to fight."

Harad looked to Katya. He thought the Tenno would make powerful allies in the challenges so it would be best to be on their side. That and it would allow him to learn more about them while he participated and likely made the coming challenges easier. "Why not? It would benefit us all. That is as long as we don't get caught in any crossfire."

Anastasia thought about the proposition of working together. She came to fight and had planned largely to do so alone as if she endured all nine rounds, that would surely grant her the title of champion of the Crucible arena and from doing so alone, she would gain much respect from her fellow Grineer. However, it could not be denied that the Tenno were effective at what they did and siding with them would make it less tiring for her to get through the challenges compared to going it alone. If she was lucky, they might leave after round six and she could take the champion title by going rounds seven to nine by herself? "Alright, Tenno. Sounds good."

The Officer nodded as he wrote the names down and looked to the fighters"

"Okay, to recap you on the Crucible rules." and the Officer stood with his hands behind his back

The Crucible Arena puts you up against 9 waves of survival in which you have to remove 3 waves of enemies before progressing to the next round. Each round is different to the next and has a different environment to add to the challenge, thanks to the best in Holographic and Terra-forming technology. "

"if you survive 3 rounds, you will be given a chance to leave with a random reward, but if you keep going the reward will grow, be it credits, weapons or a special offer. To ensure nobody actually dies in the arena, the weapon suppressant field will be online during your duration in the arena and outside it."  

"Finally, should you succeed, you will be crowned the Crucible Champion and given an honorary reward by Sargent Vega Krell himself"

"Any Questions?"

Overhearing the officer the Lancer guesses that the fights are about to start. Finally getting the credits out he places them on the bar and finishes his drink. He puts the front of his helmet back on and collects his weapons, he then heads to the nearest viewing platform that overlooks the arena. Setting his weapons down the Elite Lancer leans against the railing in anticipation of the first fight.

Edited by JJKDrake

The Officer nodded as he wrote the names down and looked to the fighters"

"Okay, to recap you on the Crucible rules." and the Officer stood with his hands behind his back

The Crucible Arena puts you up against 9 waves of survival in which you have to remove 3 waves of enemies before progressing to the next round. Each round is different to the next and has a different environment to add to the challenge, thanks to the best in Holographic and Terra-forming technology. "

"if you survive 3 rounds, you will be given a chance to leave with a random reward, but if you keep going the reward will grow, be it credits, weapons or a special offer. To ensure nobody actually dies in the arena, the weapon suppressant field will be online during your duration in the arena and outside it."  

"Finally, should you succeed, you will be crowned the Crucible Champion and given an honorary reward by Sargent Vega Krell himself"

"Any Questions?"

"Not really. So where do we start?" asked Katya.

"Now" and The Officer motions to the large doors as they open slowly to revel the dark path ahead

"Well, here we go guys. Hope you're ready." said Lia to Harad and Anastasia.

Harad saw the path ahead and decided on two things. First was that he would let the Tenno go first and second was that they would need a bit of light until the Grineer decided to turn on the lights in that area. He gestured to the path ahead. "Ladies first."

Anastasia went walking down the path before Harad even uttered half of his statement. "Better not keep the crowd waiting."

Harad saw the path ahead and decided on two things. First was that he would let the Tenno go first and second was that they would need a bit of light until the Grineer decided to turn on the lights in that area. He gestured to the path ahead. "Ladies first."

Anastasia went walking down the path before Harad even uttered half of his statement. "Better not keep the crowd waiting."

The four of them stepped into the arena and took in the shape and size of the arena. "It's best if we know where they're coming in from, any ideas?" asked Katya.

The four of them stepped into the arena and took in the shape and size of the arena. "It's best if we know where they're coming in from, any ideas?" asked Katya.

Harad looked around, trying to spot any indentations in the walls or floors. "They could come from anywhere that is possible. Look for any indentations in the walls or floor where they might open up."

Seeing the doors open he grins in excitement. Wondering to himself about how the fights will go down.

'Let's see if they can massacre the opponents,' he thinks to himself. 'Or will it them who is massacred.'

He laughs to himself at the thought.

Lia's helmet glowed as the energy pattern on it swirled while her power slowly rose to a nominal combat strength. Katya drew her Aklex and spun them in anticipation.

Harad set down the container on his back before opening it up, revealing it was made of two Osprey drones. One was a Shield OSprey which also had the Guardian Leader upgrade, recharging shields of allies while providing the usual shield boost. The second was more like a Fusion MOA Drone in that it was there to provide firepower. He deployed the two drones in anticipation of the oncoming waves and activated his own Ice Leader upgrades to form a protective dome over them in addition to the slowing aura.

Anastasia pulled out her Gorgon which was fed by a belt leading to a drum container on her back where her Gorgon ammunition was stored in a reel. Reloading wouldn't be much of an issue for her so much as the prospect of running out of ammunition so she was going to be careful with her ammo consumption.

The Bar

Sliding the Lancer's payment into the till. the bartender returned to wiping glasses. The curious waiter MOA hopped over to the viewing deck as it heard the announcements, poking its head under the railings for a better look. This should be fun.

Edited by Arunafeltz