Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

Here's some progress on the textures, which I just got started on yesterday. It took an entire day to unwrap his UVs but I got them to fit on two textures! Hell yeah.

tumblr_n6cys5l0Pg1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Captain Vor is a hottie ok

OMFG YES -FOAMS- @#@

tumblr_n6o59zHd6W1qdt0m6o1_r2_1280.jpg

You build nothing! All you do is destroy!

I'll be entering this into the codex competition. Happy to finally be entering one of these, especially with my ~favorite character~

/winks at Alad

What a hottie.

Looove the texture work.

Is it a very high poly model of Vor?

Oh, cheers! He's not terribly dense at 10.5k tris but more detailed than most of my other character models, not particularly low poly. For reference, my Alad V model is 9k and Darvo is 8.5k.

VorWIP15_zpsee9273fa.jpg

^ Truly Alad V's fan

Y-yes * - *

I...

Edited by Syncrasis

So, do you have any idea yet of who are you going to do next?

*plzbezanukaplzbezanukaplzbezanuka*

Ahh, I have promised Zanuka and therefore shall (eventually) deliver. I'd love to do all the bosses but I gotta cut myself off after Zanuka, as much as I hate to say that!

Ideally I'd do Vay Hek after Zanuka but ssiiiigh I need to get back to doing things that pay me. Sad realities of life. Maybe someday, Hek, maybe someday.

I couldn't stop thinking up Twin Queens concepts last night so naturally, today I couldn't help but draw out one of them. 

tumblr_n7afqmXEX01qdt0m6o2_1280.gif

As I've explained in my fan concepts thread, the concept here is that they're actually one person cut in half to serve two roles: military leader and diplomat. They share one heart and are connected to each other and a large room with a ton of Grineer tech via tons of hoses and wires, and they cannot leave this room. The character was originally human of course, and over time had many implants and augments added to keep her/them alive. This was all after the... separation.

idk, fan lore

Edited by Syncrasis

So, I am nearly done with my sci-fi build for an event in Second Life and I decided to pose my Alad V model in front of it. 

tumblr_n7e4l3AXLJ1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg 

Looking at it now, I see some texture tweaks I'd like to make... but I thought I'd share!

What is the second life stuff? Also, seriously, why cant there be perfect circular shapes ? Just wondering why

Computers cannot make perfect circles when rendering stuff like games so, there is stuff like anti-aliasing to make it more roundish. It is basically impossible and computers make tiny as hell corners to make it look like circles.

On topic: Amazing stuff here, hope there is more to come!

Edited by thecolin-

What is the second life stuff? Also, seriously, why cant there be perfect circular shapes ? Just wondering why

Second Life is simply a virtual world I have been creating game assets for. It is a place where anyone can upload their modeling content and interact with other players. Additionally, it has its own economy, and people can purchase in-game versions of your work, if you choose to sell it. It's kind of an interesting place.

Models made for games are made up of many flat surfaces called polygons. Each polygon taxes your graphics card/CPU a certain amount to render, and so it is important to be efficient with polygon counts when making things for games. To make a perfectly curved circle, you would need a lot more sides than would be considered efficient. It also depends on how close to the object and how large it will appear to the player. If you have a large cylindrical gun on a warship, for example, you would create it with more sides than you would a cable running along the floor. If the detail is small enough, the shape is simply drawn onto the texture itself without any additional geometry. 

Computers cannot make perfect circles when rendering stuff like games so, there is stuff like anti-aliasing to make it more roundish. It is basically impossible and computers make tiny as hell corners to make it look like circles.

On topic: Amazing stuff here, hope there is more to come!

Absolutely! I'm still working on Vor and... well, I'd like to make a Void version if I can.........

ALL HAIL KING SALAD

YES * - *