The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Snow Globe Discussion Thread.

Rhundis

No offense to DE but I'm not too thrilled with the current changes to frost's snow globe. I understand that adding health to his globe does change his play style to a more active roll, but keeping the timer as well?

Quite honestly, if your gonna make something have health get rid of it's duration timer, if it doesn't have health use a timer. Having both does not make me feel all warm and gooey. Your technically waisting potential energy if your globe stays out and isn't destroyed, or just disappears right before a new wave of enemies appear.

But whatever to my yappin', what do you guys think?

Give his other powers a go.

I felt like this at first, thinking that it was all over for Frost, but then I realised that ice wave is now amazing and so is his ult. It really makes up for it, and to be honest, the change in snowglobe is only really noticeable if you are fighting against level 50+ enemies.

The thing that realy needs a change is his movement speed. DE, spice that S#&$ up!

New Snow Globe is kinda like Nyx's Absorb now. Your team mates blast it during the invulnerability period, which buffs up the health even more, and then you're set.

Warframe Wiki says friendly fire doesn't work on Snow Globe like it does on Absorb, only enemy fire.

The current Snow Globe can still be amazing if used right.

The first 4 sec, it will absorb all the incoming damage and then turn it into health. So, at wave 100 the absorbed damage will be much greater as well. Meaning that this skill scales very well. In theorie, you could depend on it for 10 solid sec.

Now that we're no longer aiming for it to last 30 sec, you can use Fleeting Expertise without any other duration mods. That could leave you 3 mod slots to put some other stuff.

In short, you can still have your invincible Snow Globe, but for more energy. It's the same thing they did with Vaubans Bastile. Yes, we had some rage on the forums when they nerfed it, but at the end, it is still doing wonders.

Besides, the reason why the snow globe can't have its duration removed completely is because you'd end up with "trolls" covering the whole map in Snow Globes. Having said that, I'm not against the idea of reverting this whole Snow Globe change, nor do I mind this change.

The current Snow Globe can still be amazing if used right.

The first 4 sec, it will absorb all the incoming damage and then turn it into health. So, at wave 100 the absorbed damage will be much greater as well. Meaning that this skill scales very well. In theorie, you could depend on it for 10 solid sec.

Now that we're no longer aiming for it to last 30 sec, you can use Fleeting Expertise without any other duration mods. That could leave you 3 mod slots to put some other stuff.

In short, you can still have your invincible Snow Globe, but for more energy. It's the same thing they did with Vaubans Bastile. Yes, we had some rage on the forums when they nerfed it, but at the end, it is still doing wonders.

Besides, the reason why the snow globe can't have its duration removed completely is because you'd end up with "trolls" covering the whole map in Snow Globes. Having said that, I'm not against the idea of reverting this whole Snow Globe change, nor do I mind this change.

I'm not against it either, just disappointed. But to stop trolls you could limit the amount of globes you can have, that would stop people from spamming them all over the map. And even then they wouldn't last long anyway in a firefight.

Snow globe is just fine where it is ....maybe some more number tweaks are posible, but I'm very happy with it.

Now Frost must know when to put it down for maximum efficiency. This will make the difference between a good Frost and a great Frost.

Edited by nekrojiji

Snow globe is just fine where it is ....maybe some more number tweaks are posible, but I'm very happy with it.

Now Frost must know when to put it down for maximum efficiency. This will make the difference between a good Frost and a great Frost.

Yes its in a better position since they first nerfed it however still needs a few tweaks such as remove timer but limit number of globes to 4-5 maximum, also add the effect of once its destroyed it freezes targets around the globe within 5 meters or increase the range of the slow the bigger the globe gets but the slow is weaker the further away from the middle

I would say these would then put frost in a better position as currently he has so many cons that include hes effected by

Range

Health

Duration

Power

Armour

Efficiency

I dont see other frames with this many problems in one skill and since he cant really on any other of his abilitys I still say he needs theses options added or completly removed to create a better ability

Frost can never be fixed the way his powers are designed currently. There are simply too many contradictions and issues.

Could you possible explain or give some examples as im not sure what area your talking about eg: damage/targets/cc or totaly different

Could you possible explain or give some examples as im not sure what area your talking about eg: damage/targets/cc or totaly different

I think they're referring to the fact that, despite being designated a tank, Frost is now more of a caster than anything else, seeing as he really only has one defensive skill (Snow Globe) and the other three are basically just damage with minor CC. I'd argue that use of CC still qualifies as tanking, but that's just me.

I also might be wrong about what they're even referring to.

Frost needs a complete rework, or a return to how he was before you started messing with globe.  no bandaid fixes.

So a complete rework (which isn't needed), or a revert to Snow Globe having no downsides at all, and Freeze, Ice Wave, and Avalanche hitting like wet noodles?

No thanks. New Snow Globe is a step in the right direction.