Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kappa Dilemma

Llyssa

It's been stated(and proven) that we would fight bitterly to the end to protect Kappa, the wonderful world of Ox.

However, what if the grineer offered a catalyst to take it? Would we still defend it? Could we still defend it? Would we actually win, or just hold out for a while, or would it be over before anyone had a prayer of knowing it needed to be saved?

Kappa is one of the best examples of the kinds of problems this game has design wise because of its superior rewards to almost any other node. I'd love to see it gone or at least contested for an extended amount of time, like it was before.

are the rewards and drop rate on that node, cyath & xini too, really differ from other nodes?

Edited by faustias

For all you people who are thinking about not getting Zephyr....

I got past a enemies in a corridor so fast that i could stealth kill them.... Ya, shes that fast.

Zephyr4Queen

Also on subject, yes i would take the cat, i don't want any other people get my queen, ZEPHYR MASTER RACE!

Edited by Feallike

#TeamNovamasterrace - Zephyr sucks I'd pwn the Corpus and take the Catalyst.

YOU DARE QUESTION THE MASTER RACE!?

Anyways as much as I should most likely be stocking up on oxium just in case.

I would take the Catalyst, Pluto is a decent place of ox farm.

Oxium isn't only used for Zephyr...

#DistillingPrimeExtractorNotSoMasterRace

Knew someone would say this...

Who actually uses those extractors... Tried it a couple times, end up leaving the damn thing to die on a planet completely forgotten about :P

Can get any Resource I want within minutes if you put your mind to it... Extractor just an extra thing to worry about.

Would prefer if less people were in Zephyr tornadoing my Mods & MD Objectives through the roof and walls... Kappa would burn!

#Rhinomasterrace

Edited by Radmox

YOU DARE QUESTION THE MASTER RACE!?

Anyways as much as I should most likely be stocking up on oxium just in case.

I would take the Catalyst, Pluto is a decent place of ox farm.

Didnt question the Master race... Simply pointed it out.

Edit : Also not a whole lot of people hang out on Pluto unfortunately... Wish that would change.

Edited by Radmox

Knew someone would say this...

Who actually uses those extractors... Tried it a couple times, end up leaving the damn thing to die on a planet completely forgotten about :P

Can get any Resource I want within minutes if you put your mind to it... Extractor just an extra thing to worry about.

Would prefer if less people were in Zephyr tornadoing my Mods & MD Objectives through the roof and walls... Kappa would burn!

#Rhinomasterrace

lol. Read carefully man.  I wrote #DistillingPrimeExtractorNOTSOMasterRace...  It's was a joke, because those things are terrible.

I use them still...  and oxium is pain to farm outside of using both resource boosters and this double resource event (I'm getting 200-250 per run now), but yeah the point of building a few extra is to rotate them, so they don't die.

Occasionally you get some rare mats, and that's not bad for doing nothing.

=)

Edited by sushidubya

Let Kappa and pluto turn greneer! Let Zephyr become the new Vauban! >:D Everyone will cry in forums because of grind while we sit in space with are Zephyrs laughing. :P

Zephyr4Queen2014

Edited by Feallike

lol. Read carefully man.  I wrote #DistillingPrimeExtractorNOTSOMasterRace...  It's was a joke, because those things are terrible.

I use them still...  and oxium is pain to farm outside of using both resource boosters and this double resource event (I'm getting 200-250 per run now), but yeah the point of building a few extra is to rotate them, so they don't die.

Occasionally you get some rare mats, and that's not bad for doing nothing.

=)

My Bad...

I take my hat off to your sneaky witt sir.

Inb4 Zephyr took all my mods to the roof where only she can loot them QQ!

Couldn't care less. It's a nice place for some to farm exp, but so are a lot of other places. The oxium farm is really only once anyway for the sake of Zephyr. Unless the next frame will also be up in Tenno Research and require Oxium for some reason. Once you have Zephyr, that farm is over and done with.

People only get over-excited due to lack of imagination. Considering the issues that surround Kappa, I'd say good riddance.

Distilling extractors also require a large amount of oxium. I've built four (so far) and haven't set foot in Kappa since I completed Zeph. The answer is the same one as for T3 keys: Phalan. Phalan survival can net rather large amounts of oxium, especially if the team sticks together. Get keys and oxium--win/win situation.

Well, seems like Kappa now has some competition... Mimas just got fully invaded by the Corpus, and quite a large number of OXpreys (Oxium Ospreys) spawn there. Stay for >20 minutes and you should be able to get >50 Oxium (managed 178 Oxium during 2x Resource Day. Divide it by 2 and you'll get around 80+)

Id return it to kappa reguardless of the reward it shouldnt have fallen to corpus in the first place. We lost one of the better low level spots in exchange for what? Oxium? Who the heck  needs that garbage anymore anyways.

At 150 oxium per distilling extractor, and a need for 8 of those (four to send out, four in reserve/repairs), that's 1200 oxium I need total.

...Not to say I'm taking any sides on the Kappa Debate.  Even if Kappa is reclaimed, chances are the Corpus will take another Grineer mobile defense node somewhere.  It's the nature of the invasion system.

Edited by AhziDahaka