Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imperator Syandana - Lore?

Etsoree

"IMPERATOR SYANDANA

The Syandana is a traditional Tenno garment. Before the fall, the Imperator Syandana was bestowed upon only the highest-ranking Orokin commanders. Give your Warframe a new look with this distinguished gear."

Sounds like a bit of lore to me. The Tenno being "Orokin commanders". This suggests that we commanded the Orokin, or at least the Orokin had their own Tenno as well that weren't possibly human-based, but Orokin-species-based.

"IMPERATOR SYANDANA

The Syandana is a traditional Tenno garment. Before the fall, the Imperator Syandana was bestowed upon only the highest-ranking Orokin commanders. Give your Warframe a new look with this distinguished gear."

Sounds like a bit of lore to me. The Tenno being "Orokin commanders". This suggests that we commanded the Orokin, or at least the Orokin had their own Tenno as well that weren't possibly human-based, but Orokin-species-based.

nope, it just means "Now you too can look like an Upper-Class Orokin Commander!"

Before everyone goes all quote crazy on me, let me clarify that:

For something to become traditional, then you can assume it was worn for a purpose. If HIGH-RANKING Orokin Commanders wore it to detonate rank, or as a uniform thing, where did it come from in the Tenno culture to wear it as well?

I'm not too sure about the lore, but Tenno came around later, after the Orokin had gone away. Did they wake up, wearing these Syandanas, and the rest thought they should wear them? Or are the Tenno in the cyropods all HIGH-RANKING Orokin Commanders, such that, it became traditional after they've been awoken?

They've lost part of the memories, according to the lore, so did they find... graphical representations of the Syandanas of long ago?

There ARE questions to be asked through it, but, then again, does Warframe have lore?

For something to become traditional, then you can assume it was worn for a purpose. If HIGH-RANKING Orokin Commanders wore it to detonate rank, or as a uniform thing, where did it come from in the Tenno culture to wear it as well?

I'm not too sure about the lore, but Tenno came around later, after the Orokin had gone away. Did they wake up, wearing these Syandanas, and the rest thought they should wear them? Or are the Tenno in the cyropods all HIGH-RANKING Orokin Commanders, such that, it became traditional after they've been awoken?

They've lost part of the memories, according to the lore, so did they find... graphical representations of the Syandanas of long ago?

There ARE questions to be asked through it, but, then again, does Warframe have lore?

The Tenno were created BY the Orokin, and then killed them all. After which, in my opinion, a few might have been like "nice scarf" and took them off the bodies of the Orokin they killed. That, or later on the Tenno found the scarves while looking through Orokin towers and thought "nice scarf" then.

The Tenno were created BY the Orokin, and then killed them all. After which, in my opinion, a few might have been like "nice scarf" and took them off the bodies of the Orokin they killed. That, or later on the Tenno found the scarves while looking through Orokin towers and thought "nice scarf" then.

Or the reason that the Tenno were created was to defeat the Sentients. During the war, which doesn't necessarily mean it was over instantly, the Tenno were given ranks based on their strength and cunning, and awarded these as trophies.

It just sounds like lore to me.

why do some people sag their pants? Because.

Dude... its called looting. Didn't you play skyrim? Like... kill some important figure... Get their uniform. Obviously humans don't wear high elven clothing nor does it mean a thing in human culture.

this viewing occurs in just about any game you loot stuff, and wear it. Heck even in fallout you could loot gear for high commanders in certain factions, and wear it.

That's like if someone from one military knocked a dude in another military like some high ranking general, and wore his uniform.

And people are so quick to kill other people's imagination and fun, because? I think there is no lore behind it other than to make you feel higher ranking for wearing it, but that's no reason to be rude about it. Maybe there is lore. We don't know cause DE never says much about anything.

7nTnr.png

this isn't the first Syadana that has some bit of lore attached to it. Hell, it's just flavor text if anything. Because if it's "lore" then....well, high-ranking officials have plenty platinum to spare. *ehem*

Or the reason that the Tenno were created was to defeat the Sentients. During the war, which doesn't necessarily mean it was over instantly, the Tenno were given ranks based on their strength and cunning, and awarded these as trophies.

It just sounds like lore to me.

Plausible, especially considering what the Stalker said about adorning the victorious Tenno before the betrayal, the only roadbump I see with it is it's specified as an "Orokin" thing. And, even though they came from the same race (as has been pointed out), I liken the Orokin to more a class and NOT the race itself - kinda like the aristocracy versus the peasantry, you wouldn't see a peasant with an aristocrats clothing or vice versa under normal circumstances.

Edited by Morec0