The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Radial Blind Needs A Slight Nerf

Tatersail

lol this is worst and most hilarious call for a nerf ive ever seen on the forums, there are SO MANY other things that need a nerf if thats the case, way ahead of excalibro

start with rhino

^ Agreed but start with Nova lol. Rhino is hardly a problem

Having used it for the last 8-9 months, I can tell you they will shoot at the locations where they hear sounds from.

Yeeeeuup

lol this is worst and most hilarious call for a nerf ive ever seen on the forums, there are SO MANY other things that need a nerf if thats the case, way ahead of excalibro

start with TRINITY

Fixed it for ya :D(I'm only being half-serious, I'd rather they buff other frames and upgrade underpowered moves like Teleport and Silence first before any thoughts of more nerfs. Let's not forget Snowglobe 1.0 o3o... but lets forget 2.0 :P Was that even 2.0, or was it like -1.0?)

These kinds of posts are why I really wish they had a downvote option.

Some things... would just break from the amount of downvotes... LIKE THIS THREAD for example! :P

This guy clearly don't play as Excalibur. His whole topic is all wrong:

The range is capped at 58m with maximum power range mods.

The stun lasts for 5 seconds and its not scaled with power duration.

It does have a cast cooldown delay of 5 seconds.

The blind don't prevent enemies from attacking you when they hear you attack.

And last but not least, Its the only good skill Excalibur have.

He don't have a point, everything he said is false.

Edited by RexSol

stop, assuming, listening to second hand accounts and actually play Excalibur NOW...  THIS VERY MOMENT

NOT IN THEORYCRAFT

IN GAME

I assume people don't have max Overextended, max narrow minded, and a 3x formaed excal, and are just making assumptions

I AM NOT GETTING SHOT AT, even when I shoot back, I am not getting melee'ed I am not getting knocked down by elites.

Infested are not attacking me.

in ODD, nothing attacks the core they simply run towards it then stand there

Grineer take cover and do nothing

Corpus do nothing

Its possible this is a bug that got in with recent patches, but.. this is whats happening IN GAME, and I can see nobody has actually tried this in game, in the last week before they QQ'd for 2 pages based on what they assumed using Wikia

I have done this using Boltor Prime, Akbronco Prime, Grakatatatata, MareLok, Paris Prime, Dual Cestra, Akstilleto..  with all of these guns, enemies simply huddle on the cryopod doing nothing, and let me Mow them down.

I am not using any suppressor mods, and using carrier with Sweeper (perhaps the noise sweeper makes is louder than all my guns, and he is unreachable so mobs bug out)

Blind, in its current iteration, In the game right now, not 8 months ago, not what a friend told you, not what you have seen in region chat... RIGHT NOW, is turning off enemy combat.

The 5 second stun is actually annoying, since it stops mobs huddling up in an nice little aoe slaughter fest

Edited by Tatersail

either http://goo.gl/2Hg8Xe Which turns off combat within a 96m Radius for 22 seconds

or http://goo.gl/2x0Pok Which turns off combat within 116m radius for 15 seconds

Excuse me Sir, but where did you get those numbers from?

Your 1st build got

25m * (1+0.9+0.45-0.425) = 48.125m not 96m. Doesn't seem OP to me. After the initial 5 sec enemies will start throwing grenades at you on higher lvls and those hurt.

Your 2nd build got 58,75m range wich still is half of the value you posted.

And while looking at other Warframe abilities, Radial Blind is far from OP. No nerf needed here.

stop, assuming, listening to second hand accounts and actually play Excalibur NOW...  THIS VERY MOMENT

NOT IN THEORYCRAFT

IN GAME

I assume people don't have max Overextended, max narrow minded, and a 3x formaed excal, and are just making assumptions

I AM NOT GETTING SHOT AT, even when I shoot back, I am not getting melee'ed I am not getting knocked down by elites.

Infested are not attacking me.

in ODD, nothing attacks the core they simply run towards it then stand there

Grineer take cover and do nothing

Corpus do nothing

Its possible this is a bug that got in with recent patches, but.. this is whats happening IN GAME, and I can see nobody has actually tried this in game, in the last week before they QQ'd for 2 pages based on what they assumed using Wikia

I have done this using Boltor Prime, Akbronco Prime, Grakatatatata, MareLok, Paris Prime, Dual Cestra, Akstilleto..  with all of these guns, enemies simply huddle on the cryopod doing nothing, and let me Mow them down.

I am not using any suppressor mods, and using carrier with Sweeper (perhaps the noise sweeper makes is louder than all my guns, and he is unreachable so mobs bug out)

Blind, in its current iteration, In the game right now, not 8 months ago, not what a friend told you, not what you have seen in region chat... RIGHT NOW, is turning off enemy combat.

The 5 second stun is actually annoying, since it stops mobs huddling up in an nice little aoe slaughter fest

Just did a solo defense run with my Radial Blind build. They were all moving around, firing at me. So it must be a clientside issue or something. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Been play Cali for nearly a whole year now. Also, your math is way off. 58 metres is the hard cap. You can't go any further.

Regardless of the math or not, the OP is making a point here.  He is demonstrating that whenever DE nerfs the most popular exploitable cheese, people will *@##$ for a while but then they will move on to the next exploitable thing.  Look at how everyone viciously turned their back on frost.  This game is full of exploits that can trivialize gameplay, and that's fine.  It's a PVE game meant for funsies, where even the starter frame has some broken exploit.  That doesn't mean that the game should revolve around them, and it doesn't for now.  You shouldn't scream for balance changes if your favorite frame doesn't have some $&*&*#(%& scaling mechanic (nova) or some kind of godmode that turns combat off (loki, trinity, rhino, vauban, etc,) but ask for changes that lead to fun but grounded gameplay for everyone on your team.  It also points out that corrupted mods exist and that you should probably experiment with them before deciding that a frame sucks just because you don't understand how the game works. 

Exploits? These aren't exploits, these are warframe abilities wich are far too strong. Almost all of them. But since there aren't any mechanics or synergies wich make those abilities require skill or timing, there are only to options: OP or two weak.

Edited by Scr4mp

You obviously haven't played excalibur much, have you? 

Enemies still spam grenades at you ALL the damn time. And if you don't know, grenades hit like a truck. They also sometimes shoot at noise sources and some enemies just shoot at whatever they hear: moas and specials more than anything. They also run out fairly quick with fleeting expertise and you don't know when it'll run out so most likely they'll focus shoot you when you least expect. You need heavy modding to make this ONE ability very good. And you say it doesn't compete stomp and chaos? Buddy, radial blind is a CC skill and very good at what it does, but the other abilities have OTHER PERKS like damage, ease of targetting, ect. Blind mobs tend to hide and usually they become harder targets. 

His other abilities are pretty lame too, so no, gtfo. 

You do realise it is the only good power on Cal and is literally the only one that is useful past the level 30.

I hope this thread gets ignored Cal needs a major buff and not a nerf.

yea i agree excals stats are too average so this kinda makes up for it

Excuse me Sir, but where did you get those numbers from?

Your 1st build got

25m * (1+0.9+0.45-0.425) = 48.125m not 96m. Doesn't seem OP to me. After the initial 5 sec enemies will start throwing grenades at you on higher lvls and those hurt.

Your 2nd build got 58,75m range wich still is half of the value you posted.

And while looking at other Warframe abilities, Radial Blind is far from OP. No nerf needed here.

I said in a radius, since your ability effect things around you in a 48m and 58m range,,,  which is a 96m RADIUS, and a 116m RADIUS.

I assume by all the posts here that, I am experiencing some sort of bug, as I have yet to take damage from blinded enemies.