Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Vulkar Really That Bad?

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Vulkar sucks because of the long reload and weak damage.  Impact is the worst damage type because Corpus shields an be bypassed and it's ineffective vs everything else.  That said, if you formatato it it becomes usable.  Then Latron Prime got superbuffed and the dojo grineer rifles came out.  Vulkar is left in the dust and is obsolete at all stages of gameplay. 

If you put your heart and soul into it, even the MK1-Braton could be viable to a certain degree.

But as it is, it's a good starter option.

The MK1 is better than the Vulkar. As far as I'm concerned, the Vulkar is the worst weapon in the entire game.

Agreed on Vulkar being the worst weapon in the entire game.

Absolutely no reason to build it where you can spend an extra 700 resources to get a weapon better.

The point is, mods deal damage in this game, not weapons, but absolutely in no way will modding a Vulkar make it better than another gun. You can't even make the gun viable, it is functionally broken. It is mechanically unviable.

You cannot turn the Vulkar into "something epic", using mods, you can only make it less S#&$ty.

Edited by Aishi

Agreed on Vulkar being the worst weapon in the entire game.

Absolutely no reason to build it where you can spend an extra 700 resources to get a weapon better.

The point is, mods deal damage in this game, not weapons, but absolutely in no way will modding a Vulkar make it better than another gun. You can't even make the gun viable, it is functionally broken. It is mechanically unviable.

You cannot turn the Vulkar into "something epic", using mods, you can only make it less S#&$ty.

I made mine to an epic weapon. Hate me lol

Edited by Cebius

When you get a new weapon, the first thing you souldnt expect is a powerful gun at unranked. If you have patience, you can turn any weapon into something usefull.

Useful =/= "Epic", whatever your definition of epic may be.

Some weapons are just unviable beyond early-game content (See: Vulkar), and if you can't accept that, there's no reason to have this discussion OR any other balancing discussion in the game because the response is "loljustmodit". If you can't see how stupid that sounds, oh well.

Edited by Aishi

Useful =/= "Epic", whatever your definition of epic may be.

Some weapons are just unviable beyond early-game content (See: Vulkar), and if you can't accept that, there's no reason to have this discussion OR any other balancing discussion in the game because the response is "loljustmodit". If you can't see how stupid that sounds, oh well.

I guess personal opinions is how things are running.

If something is bad, but its working, its not bad lol. You get the idea.

If Vulkar works like a charm for me, then why not? There are plenty of people who likes the weapon, and some dont.

Vulkar is not the victim of power creep. Power creep implies that something used to be useful or normal, and now it isn't.  Vulkar was never usable in the first place. And it pretty much all comes back to the reloading. Four shots, reload for an eternity. Using the Vulkar is an exercise in hiding in cover while jamming fresh rounds into your rifle over and over and over. Putting a maxed Fast Hands on it merely takes the reload time from "cataclysmic" to "terrible". Even before Latron's buff, Latron was a superior option for people who wanted a precision shooting style.

Vulkar is bad, and bad, and more bad. You can make it work with enough forma, but any weapon works with enough forma. There is no way around the fact that weapons only have 8 mod slots and you will need to use most of those just to make the weapon practical.  Get a Grinlok if Vulkar looks interesting to you. You will be much happier.

How to fix?  Easy.  8 round magazine, 2 second reload time. Fix complete.