Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Vulkar Really That Bad?

The_Sharp_Demonologist

good impact damage, sure, but 4 round mag, with a 4 second reload? yeah, I'll pass. a lot of the older weapons have notoriously longer reloads (gorgon, snipetron, for example). there aren't too many other "snipers" available, just the vectis and lanka. but the latron is basically a sniper, so my recommendation would be latron prime or vectis if you want a sniper

If you put your heart and soul into it, even the MK1-Braton could be viable to a certain degree.

But as it is, it's a good starter option.

If i can make the Grataka a viable gun anything can be right?

Im talking about the Old Grataka, the current one is actually good.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Don't say that, Grakata IS a viable gun... Now, at least. With the crit and status values it has, it's ridiculously effective in its area. Slap on corrosive damage and it's good for most Grineer, slap on magnetic and you can take on Corpus. And don't even get me started on how well gas works on infested with that proc chance!

You really dont understand the thin line you are walkin on. Grakata has some good things, Vulkar has none. You cant praise it for a single thing, its just useless.

Well there is one, some people think its got a good design.

Vulkar is.....bad, was trying to say something good about it but I can't. Its primary function is use for mastery then promptly drop it in a wood chipper and walk away as quickly as you can. 

If you spend a lot of time fighting Corpus then this thing is okay, so long as you can aim cause headshots are what this gun is all about if you can't hit it in the head consistently then this gun is not for you. Do not use it on Grineer it does lousy damage even with a headshot, its downright horrible on the Infested so don't even try it, and with the Void's Corrupted being a mixed bag of baddies.....the corpus guys go down fairly quick but you'll need a decent short to mid range sidearm at all times with this gun.

EDIT -

Wait I just remembered you need to pop a Corpus goons helmet off first before you can get a decent headshot in so even then its pretty bad on them too with its low mag and slow reload. 

Edited by Nurmetya

Don't say that, Grakata IS a viable gun... Now, at least. With the crit and status values it has, it's ridiculously effective in its area. Slap on corrosive damage and it's good for most Grineer, slap on magnetic and you can take on Corpus. And don't even get me started on how well gas works on infested with that proc chance!

I was talking about the OLD Grakata. The current one is amazingballz

Corrosive vs. high-leveled Grineer?

You're doing something wrong.

Elite Lancers and Heavy Units other than Gunners use Alloy armor, which has a weakness towards Radiation and Cold, not Corrosive.

Corrosive vs. high-leveled Grineer?

You're doing something wrong.

Elite Lancers and Heavy Units other than Gunners use Alloy armor, which has a weakness towards Radiation and Cold, not Corrosive.

I guess he was talking about High lv grineer missions whit consist in mostly Napalms, Bombards and Elite Lancers wich are weak to corrosive

Vulkar works fine for me, you just have to mod it right, same with the Skana. Someone in the forum once said that he/she formad his/her Skana alot, so yeah, each is their own.

Thats why i like to scramble around the sort of ignored weapons because i tent to find hidden gems like the Grakata fr instance. It wasnt all that bed before damage 2.0 and now its even better.

I guess he was talking about High lv grineer missions whit consist in mostly Napalms, Bombards and Elite Lancers wich are weak to corrosive

What Harbinger777 is saying is that those three are NOT weak to Corrosive. They are weak to Radiation. Corrosive is not very useful against Grineer after you get past level 15.

What Harbinger777 is saying is that those three are NOT weak to Corrosive. They are weak to Radiation. Corrosive is not very useful against Grineer after you get past level 15.

Ah so its the other way around? sorry i tent to stay whit Poison and havent really investigated wich is more effective against certain factions, sure i know Mag vs SHields and Gas/Fire vs Infested but i used to be on the Grineer side so i fough mostly Corpus

Thats why i like to scramble around the sort of ignored weapons because i tent to find hidden gems like the Grakata fr instance. It wasnt all that bed before damage 2.0 and now its even better.

Exacly, thats what i mean. I do the same, i take weapons that nobody really likes, like Ether Daggers.

Alot of Soma and galatine fans argue that Braton Prime sucks, but i find it an amazing weapon.

But back to topic. You can bascily, use any weapons against all enemies, like the Vulkar, you just have to mod it right.

Exacly, thats what i mean. I do the same, i take weapons that nobody really likes, like Ether Daggers.

Alot of Soma and galatine fans argue that Braton Prime sucks, but i find it an amazing weapon.

But back to topic. You can bascily, use any weapons against all enemies, like the Vulkar, you just have to mod it right.

But yu have to consider that there are some weapons that may need WAY too much work to just be ok and thats a problem.