The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Reskin Feedback

Grulos

I liked the old look. It looked like a Grineer weapon adapted to use Infested tech, a blend of technologies.

The skinny long rifle has been used a bit too much already for the Infested weapons.

Edit- My thread asking for the old Torid look to be made into an optional skin was folded into this one. So all these post with me and people quoting me are based on that subject.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I liked the old look. It looked like a Grineer weapon adapted to use Infested tech, a blend of technologies.

The skinny long rifle has been used a bit too much already for the Infested weapons.

Well you can just use an Ogris and imagine it's a Torid. close enough really.

But yeah, a fusion of the two would be nice considering the Grineer use troids (or at least a modified version for the Napalms).

The Torid has been designated as an infested weapon for a very long time and fits its role quite well, dealing in poison/contamination type damage.  Notice that this clashes with Grineer ideology; all of their weapons are chemically based, using chemical propellants to shoot bullets, light fires, or cause large firey explosions.  The Ogris "fires detonite infused casings" with chemical propellants and explosives.  The Torid "Lobs a toxic payload."  While lacking, in description the Torid lobs, or throws its projectiles in comparison to the Ogris.  They are not a blend of technology and never will be, such violates lore as it currently stands.

If there is something the art department at DE has done well (not the Dex model, for me and some others at least), it is the faction specific artstyles.  As an infested weapon, the fact that the torid looked like a box was unfitting.  And while I agree that a long skinny rifle would be much better replaced with a large, pulsating stomach of sorts, it is a well-placed cosmetic upgrade. 

Edited by DalaiLlama

The Torid has been designated as an infested weapon for a very long time and fits its role quite well, dealing in poison/contamination type damage.  Notice that this clashes with Grineer ideology; all of their weapons are chemically based, using chemical propellants to shoot bullets, light fires, or cause large firey explosions.  The Ogris "fires detonite infused casings" with chemical propellants and explosives.  The Torid "Lobs a toxic payload."  While lacking, in description the Torid lobs, or throws its projectiles in comparison to the Ogris.  They are not a blend of technology and never will be, such violates lore as it currently stands.

If there is something the art department at DE has done well (not the Dex model, for me and some others at least), it is the faction specific artstyles.  As an infested weapon, the fact that the torid looked like a box was unfitting.  And while I agree that a long skinny rifle would be much better replaced with a large, pulsating stomach of sorts, it is a well-placed cosmetic upgrade. 

That's why i said it's a blending of two technologies.

That's why i said it's a blending of two technologies.

it is now too, look, there are so many of Grineer things in it

2rwf4Kl.png?1

1. Grineer letters there

2. Grineer style thing

3. Looks like a grineer gun under all that infection

4. Grineer-like grip

Love the new model, and finally glad the rework happened.  Curious/hopeful for Ignis now.

Though, the torid functions identically to the Grineer napalm gun - its more or less just a reskin. I hope they'll do something different and retweak the torrid. Its a fun weapon, but it needs really one significant tweak to make it great. (Reload speed increase, larger base clip size, larger cloud size, better range/arc, or something).

it is now too, look, there are so many of Grineer things in it

2rwf4Kl.png?1

1. Grineer letters there

2. Grineer style thing

3. Looks like a grineer gun under all that infection

4. Grineer-like grip

Yes, it looks like a rifle version of the stug but It's not just about that, i also mentioned that this now makes a third long skinny rifle look for a infested weapon. If it kept the bulk of the previous look it would probably be fine with it.

...Please reread, my post was to disprove of this blending.

The original two Bio lab weapons are the Acrid and the Torid which both look like Grineer weapons that use infested ammo, on top of that, like i mentioned above, we did later get the stug which is grineer weapon that shoots poisonous blobs. The blending of tech has existed for a long time and the theme of the weapons being total is not there.

Hmm? It looks great now why would you-

Why would i want to have the option? Cause having an option is good. It doesnt affect anyone negatively it just gives further choice.

Oh wait you're the same person who wanted an option to replace Roar with Radial Blast.

No, im the same person that wanted to have the option to use radial blast rather than roar.

Why do you hate having an option?

TBH the new Torid looks like the Lephantis's Infested Head beak. I love it.

yeah i posted hoping they'd do something like that, shame they couldn't put the back shell on without it clipping hard but it still does look quite sexy

Why would i want to have the option? Cause having an option is good. It doesnt affect anyone negatively it just gives further choice.

I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would want the old look back but since you seem to like it, hope you get your request fulfilled(since it wouldn't really hurt anyone). I think.

Design is fantastic.

Now is the weapon itself worthwhile, or is it still garbage from when 2.0 was first implemented?

*I remember the DoT or some sort was nerfed to oblivion, making it obsolete*

They just remodeled it, so it is, sadly, still bananas.