Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Let's Talk About This New "dex" Class

Exo594

First off, I'm enjoying my Dex Furis. It's a nice bullet-cloud generator, and seems generally fun so far, even with no mods. The stock colors are nice, and the aesthetic changes the the base model are nice, with the smoothing and then blinging with the Lotus symbol. Kudos. Sure, I'd like it more if the muzzle flare changed, but oh well. Also, if this were to be a new class like the Vandal or Wraith series, why would you not color-lock it? Don't get me wrong, the customization is a nice improvement over Vandal/Wraith.

Here's what I'm understanding this class to be: Upgrades to the secondary stats (mag size, crit chance, and stat chance), plus smoothing of the models and the added bling, but not the aggressive Prime blinging.

BUT DE, YOU TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT! Here, you've had the perfect opportunity to try something unprecedented in the game, to experiment with something that hasn't been done at all, and to see how exactly the players would react. Having a non-damage/rof upgrade to a weapon is nice, but it could have been a step further: PASSIVES. For this weapon, you could have boosted some stats for all weapons and the frame just by having this weapon equipped. This would fully justify the existence of such a weapon, and would have given the players something new to futz around with, another factor to consider in their play-styles.

If nothing else, I hope to see more Dex weapons, they are beautiful works of art, and nicely augmented weapons.

I do not think the Dex class will become a regular thing like you may be thinking. I think its going to be a class that only has a weapon once every year.

Lets not give people more of excuse to complain about "I want that thing that person as because I don't have it" and other similar topics mk? Having passives on a weapon that will probably never be given out again is a horrible idea. The amount of complaining by those that missed it will be off the charts.

Besides, I think only frames should have passives (Ie: Ember being more resistant to fire damage). And prime versions would have the same passive as the regular versions.

I noticed that the dex sound a bit different then the normal furis. So I've come to believe the dex is kinda like pack-a-punching a weapon, I mean it looks cooler, sounds different, and has generally better stats.

I dunno if that's what you all think but that's how I see the dex class weapons.

Primes -> Orokin originals of Tenno Weapons
Wraiths -> Lotus and/or grineer customs of Grineer produced Weapons
Vandals -> Lotus customs of corpus produced weapons
Dex -> Lotus customs of Tenno weapons

Lato Vandal kind of screws this over as it appears Tenno in origin but that was a year ago when this kind of thing seemed unimportant to people.

Primes -> Orokin originals of Tenno Weapons

Wraiths -> Lotus and/or grineer customs of Grineer produced Weapons

Vandals -> Lotus customs of corpus produced weapons

Dex -> Lotus customs of Tenno weapons

Lato Vandal kind of screws this over as it appears Tenno in origin but that was a year ago when this kind of thing seemed unimportant to people.

Please no. Do we need a 4th tier of recycling? I could understand making Dex skins for other weapons, but not another "insert old gun here" recycle bin.

Please no. Do we need a 4th tier of recycling? I could understand making Dex skins for other weapons, but not another "insert old gun here" recycle bin.

Well, it's either going to be "recycle that *@##$", or "re-re-balance everything in the game again.".

Agreed.

With the introduction of a new Class of weapons, one would hope DE would take the opportunity to try something OTHER than seemingly arbitrary stat boosts like all of the other weapon Casses already have.

Not a big deal, but if they just wanted to slightly improve a weapon, they already had 3 Classes to reskin it as.