Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Unfortunately there will be no Tenno Reinforcements today, sorry!

It's full steam ahead for Update 13 and all it's fixes, changes, and content.

Don't forget to grab your Dex Furis and stay tuned for the coming Lotus Alerts. 

Iv waited since day 1 of closed beta for a katana I suppose I can wait a week more lol.

These^

Moreover, by not being specific on the issue it makes it look as if they're hiding something.

We all make mistakes, I for one am willing to forgive and move one, but just talk to us DE. A simple explanation would set a lot of our minds at ease. I have no doubt that whatever it was is/was a significant issue that DE saw as so vast and game-breaking that they felt the need to hold off content that would have created a large wave of revenue immediately. So much so that they thought that they needed another week to fix it.

We can be reasonable, but not if you keep us in the dark about what went wrong. Otherwise, we can only assume three things:

1.) The issue was of such grand scale that it's simply too complicated for our little gamer brains to comprehend.

2.) This issue is something that would expose something that is not in DE's best interest - and who knows what that could entail.

3.) Or lastly, interior communication failed and deadlines were not met, meaning the people in charge were not confident the update was ready even before the decision to delay it was made.  

Everything is said. Your move, DE. (pleeeezzz)

Unfortunately there will be no Tenno Reinforcements today, sorry!

It's full steam ahead for Update 13 and all it's fixes, changes, and content.

Don't forget to grab your Dex Furis and stay tuned for the coming Lotus Alerts. 

Will we be getting a hotfix at least?

Honestly the only thing that still bugs me about this situation is the lack of details.  Why was it pushed back, other than it being a necessity, and what exactly IS planned to come out with U13.  From the teaser site I can assume the first purchasable dangly bit for melee weapons (and maybe guns), the new frame, melee 2.0, new hek, badlands, and an actual event like cicero or fomorian will be the big things with U13.

P.S. I was hoping the focus system was going to be the first of the endgame systems I'd be able to get my hands on.

Edited by Irorone

hey guys wait a minute What if they ........wait for ..............figure out whats wrong and release it today  

Well, as much as I would like to believe that that's a possibility, it most likely isn't. No one is crazy enough to ask for a week to fix an issue that could have the chance to be finished in a few hours, that would be unimaginably silly. That's like taking your car in for repairs and they tell you that your rear axis is blasted and will take a few days to get repaired, and then they turn around and have it fixed in an hour. It would be fantastic and wonderful - but purely wishful at this point.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I'm reading through these posts and some of them are very angry. It makes me very sad to see a portion of the Warframe Community is so... vile.

"Oh! If there's not an update in the next 7 days DE will see a S#&$storm of mad!"

"Warframe keeps me going! It keeps me from killing myself. You're making me want to kill myself."

I mean, come on guys. DE wanted to cater to the demands the community has been throwing at them. They decided to do U13 MEGAUPDATE, featuring three times what we normally get. We should've expected a bunch of hiccups.

Let them do it right, so we aren't all screaming about the glitches and demanding they hotfix every ten minutes.

I know this will just get buried under every other post here, but I'd like to give my final stance and post on this thread.

Back in late January/early February, there was talks and soon release of Melee 2.0. I didn't expect anything except for a few new melee and animations, at the most.

Now, over the past 2-3 months, because of all this hype created by the forums, DE has been delaying it constantly, over and over. Sure, they wanted to add some new melee system, new weapons, animations, and then it exploded.

Now we are expecting not only melee 2.0 in U13, but also new tileset, Warframe and possibly even new bosses(Grineer Queens) as well.

DE, I still don't expect much out of U13, honestly I'm only looking forward to the new Warframe, but this is seriously getting out of hand. You can't promote a week long teaser, then delay the update again, without telling us why. Why was U13 delayed? Why are we being left alone in the dark? Was it the new Warframe that caused the delay? Melee 2.0? Tileset bugs? WHAT?!

At the end of it, my excitement(there wasn't really any to begin with) for the new update has gone down so much that I feel like going on hiatus again, for the second time. DE, let Rebecca do her job. Let her tell us what is going on and why it is happening, that's her job as community manager.

As to everyone saying "it's just a game", yes, you are right, it's just a game, but not everyone that plays video games also has other forms of entertainment. I refuse to watch TV because of the asinine ads and lack of content, so I play video games and watch the occasional anime that interests me and watch a couple YouTube videos a day. So video games are a big part of my life and have been for the past ~15 years(I'm a senior in high school btw).

To me, and many others, video games are our only source of entertainment, and I enjoy playing video games. Warframe has been the only game that is fair and challenging. I've sunk in ~940 hours so far, and I've been around since U7/8.

DE, I'm disappointed by the lack of communication provided here. When you don't communicate with us, you make us feel as if we are talking to CoD devs, giving us vague responses and explanations.

Good luck with the fixing of the update, I might be able to enjoy it next week, but I'm already going to guess it's going to be delayed, again, next week.

hey guys wait a minute What if they ........wait for ..............figure out whats wrong and release it today  

wont happen , they have thought this out well , if it was something that could be fixed within a couple of hours then why would they ever put a timer let alone a set of alerts from the lotus

the last alert starts sunday 12PM EDT and will finish 4-5AM GMT on tuesday morning here *i think*