The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Conspiracy theory - Delay to Update 13 is deliberate, it is being certified by Sony at this very moment and next week the PC and PS4 builds will be in sync XD

i don't think PC and PS4 will ever stay in perfect sync. 

they create content at such an amazing rate, the barrier of PS4 approval will always have them at best at least slightly behind. 

Though at least this way we'll know what were getting into. I mean ill still buy it, ive got 5k plat lying around, but it'll be nice to know.

Yeah, I ain't complaining, just saying it's a touch bit saddening to me. Although maybe that's just the delay manifesting itself.

I'm loving all of these kids posting 5 paragraph essays outlining their entire Warframe history like it's an autobiography that leads up to today, the day where DE stabbed them in the back by delaying U13, betraying their trust and destroying a beautiful dev/community relationship, leaving them lost and alone in a cruel, unforgiving world where delayed game expansions aren't uncommon.

Get over yourselves. 

If BF4 players could wait a week for Naval Strike, you can too.

It's not the fact that it was delayed that people have a problem with, it's the manner in which the delay was announced that was super S#&$ty.

Edited by Aggh

DE offers cheesecake, and tells us about how deliously awesome it will taste

We work ourselves up over the cheesecake

DE tells us the cheesecake is here

Much Excite. Wow. Can not calm.

DE says we can't have cheesecake for another week.

Much Rage,

DE eats cheesecake in front of us on friday.

It's not the fact that it was delayed that people have a problem with, it's the manner in which the delay was announced that was super S#&$ty.

Much Rage,

No they said they can't serve the Cheasecake because they slightly burnt it and they are going to cook another one and try to fix the burnt on and eat some of it to tell us how the perfect one will be like.

No they said they can't serve the Cheasecake because they slightly burnt it and they are going to cook another one and try to fix the burnt on and eat some of it to tell us how the perfect one will be like.

It's more like we're at a restaurant waiting for dessert and the cook burns it and the only real info we hear about it for an hour and a half is from the chat the waitstaff is having at the front desk :|

Edited by Aggh

Lets put this plainly... DE can do whatever it damn well pleases. You want to content releases on back to back Wednesdays? too bad. 

Much Rage,

I dont give my dog chocolate, because it will kill him. They havent given us U13, because they had to polish melee 2.0. They also want to show us how it works first.

I dont give my dog chocolate, because it will kill him. They havent given us U13, because they had to polish melee 2.0. They also want to show us how it works first.

Delay after delay.

One more week we need one more week we need one more bloody week.

Delay after delay.

And now all of the sudden you are their task master? DE doesnt say "we need," they say "we are."

There is a difference. The only people they have even a small amount responsibility to satisfy are the Founders, and even then there isnt alot of info given to them

i don't think PC and PS4 will ever stay in perfect sync. 

they create content at such an amazing rate, the barrier of PS4 approval will always have them at best at least slightly behind.

They could have finally reached agreement with Sony on allowing faster updates. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. I imagine it involves long hours and lots of booze..

Delay after delay.

So?

Software development takes time, and more time every time you add something.  And it appears DE has been adding S#&$ left right and center.

should they have released individual pieces faster?  could they? how much of this was concurrent development?

Was the delay based on serious compiling issues? new features? polish? "we could do better"?

The point is we can answer those questions and to be honest DE doesn't owe us answers.  I think they could have communicated the delay better, but they didn't promise anything in terms of a date (hinted yes) but there was no commitment, which as it turns out was a good idea.  Would I like a reason, sure, do I think they should give one?  Hell no, because at this point it doesn't much matter and all it would do would be to fuel the ragers who would always find some reason why the reason wasn't valid.

Wait for a solid release.  if it gets delayed it gets delayed, I ain't even mad.

So?

Software development takes time, and more time every time you add something.  And it appears DE has been adding S#&$ left right and center.

should they have released individual pieces faster?  could they? how much of this was concurrent development?

Was the delay based on serious compiling issues? new features? polish? "we could do better"?

The point is we can answer those questions and to be honest DE doesn't owe us answers.  I think they could have communicated the delay better, but they didn't promise anything in terms of a date (hinted yes) but there was no commitment, which as it turns out was a good idea.  Would I like a reason, sure, do I think they should give one?  Hell no, because at this point it doesn't much matter and all it would do would be to fuel the ragers who would always find some reason why the reason wasn't valid.

Wait for a solid release.  if it gets delayed it gets delayed, I ain't even mad.

This is a BETA

We test the game!

but, if you ask me the devs will be testing the game this friday while they show us all the stuff we should of been playing by now.

Don't make a deadline if you can't meet it plain & simple.

Sheesh I thought I was mad... thanks for the perspective...NOne of your responses will change the outcome if it is not ready...not one single  bit. it is what it is....sorry u didn't think de was sorry enough....5 days left u13 might be released wends at noon if all goes well...hell Im playing NarutoUN3 ultimate pc edition, Strider, and Godhand...I am OooK...Forgot how awesome these games were for a little while...when the update comes I will be ready.... until then Im good Ill take the gifts...changed my mind too hell I'll watch the livestream too and see whats coming...

So?

Absolutely.

This is a BETA

We test the game!

but, if you ask me the devs will be testing the game this friday while they show us all the stuff we should of been playing by now.

Don't make a deadline if you can't meet it plain & simple.

If they released the update bugs and all there'd be as many people losing their S#&$ over a buggy update. The problem here is that a lot of warframe players don't consider the game to still be in beta for reasons that are their own and they consider this enough justification for the game to be treated as such.

Lets put this plainly... DE can do whatever it damn well pleases. You want to content releases on back to back Wednesdays? too bad. 

And I can go into a pre school on Christmas eve and tell them there's no such thing as Santa.  That doesn't mean I should.

Also, did you even bother to actually read the post you were respond to?  So tired of knee jerking white knights.

Edited by Aggh

If they released the update bugs and all there'd be as many people losing their S#&$ over a buggy update. The problem here is that a lot of warframe players don't consider the game to still be in beta for reasons that are their own and they consider this enough justification for the game to be treated as such.

This is starting to annoy me.

"We can't have a buggy release because it's not really a beta, stop complaining."

"It's buggy? Well it's beta for a reason, stop complaining."

And usually those are the SAME PEOPLE.

"praised if you do, praised if you don't" is no better than the opposite.